• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser3157

the best gifts are now passed, reindeer paddock, log cabin and winter market. I suggest that players with saved up stars use them tmrw to get as many of the special prize that they can

Best gifts in this event by far were rogue hideout and king, miles ahead of the rest, way above anything any diamonds could normally buy you. Then came the 3 premium buildings(culture, supply and house) and confectionary (what is premium level building output wise). Then came the 3 you named, somewhere in between normal and premimium buildings output wise. Lucky for Illyria, confectionary will be back one more time as last reward, so not all is lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

Best gifts in this event by far were rogue hideout and king, miles ahead of the rest, way above anything any diamonds could normally buy you. Then came the 3 premium buildings(culture, supply and house) and confectionary (what is premium level building output wise). Then came the 3 you named, somewhere in between normal and premimium buildings output wise. Lucky for Illyria, confectionary will be back one more time as last reward, so not all is lost.

I based my choice of best gifts on the basis that they were new and exclusive to this event (so far) whereas rogue hideout and king / queen have been around in the game for some time as have the premium buildings and confectionary also.

as far as production goes then yes the king and queen are immense, 2x2 footprint providing more coins per 24hrs than the 3x3 high rise in the PE

DeletedUser7990

the best gifts are now passed, reindeer paddock, log cabin and winter market. I suggest that players with saved up stars use them tmrw to get as many of the special prize that they can

Tomorrow's the last day of getting stars right? So should I assume that tomorrow is the last day of getting gifts too? Or will there be the same day's prize for 3 days (as it ends on Thursday)?

DeletedUser7719

There will be two different prizes tomorrow and the day after. Then it'll be the same for Thursday

DeletedUser3157

I based my choice of best gifts on the basis that they were new and exclusive to this event (so far) whereas rogue hideout and king / queen have been around in the game for some time as have the premium buildings and confectionary also.

Oh yeah, I could see that.

On personal basis, I decided to give it a go for log cabin yesterday just before the day was about to end. I had previously calculated not to do that, but I was pretty drunk, ran over the numbers and estimates again, and eventually gave it a go based on the fact that it's just easyer to score individual daily prizes each once than 1 chosen one multiple times. I got it right away, but it's already proving to be a really bad judgement call lol. Failed to account for some common P/M tendancies going on in a mostly 24h collect cycle town :P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I tried going for the Log Cabin as well, but all I got (with my 150 stars) was a high rise and some FP :(

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

Apologies if the question has been asked already.
Do we get BPs from motivating/polishing the Event buildings?
I know the Tree of Love gives BPs so I'm just double checking this is also the case for the specific Winter Event buildings e.g log cabin etc.

Cheerio !

DeletedUser99343

Is there a bug in the 'last' quest?

I am certain I have fulfilled the 5 items, needing 3.. I've been stuck at 12/15 for two days and can't figure out what if anything, since I believe I have acquired all 15, I still need. Today I've traded for lumber, dye, wine and yesterday I traded for marble and stone, still nothing.

DeletedUser97155

Hi there - not sure if this has been asked already ...

This event ends on the 2nd of January - Does this mean the final task will be on the 2nd or that the final task is on the 1st and therefore the event ends when we reach the 2nd ?

Happy New Year etc. when it comes.

DeletedUser15432

As far as I am aware, the final task will be in 1st January and 2nd is a lieu day to ensure as many people as possible complete the event

By the way, I have only had 2 log cabins, one each time it appeared but both of those were in the first spin if the day and both on the same world

DeletedUser3157

Complete dream scenario and totally messed it up:
badmistake.jpg

DeletedUser14704

OK, so what are we supposed to do if we don't have a confectionery to sell?

DeletedUser

Use what stars you have left to try and win one. If you have no stars left I guess Inno would want you to buy some diamonds to get more stars to win one. I would be submitting a ticket to support however stating it was impossible for me to complete the final quest.:)

DeletedUser

Hello all, and Happy New Year :-) just a quick note to say if you have not won a confectionary and don't already have one then sadly you won't be able to win the newer bigger one or complete that quest as it's more of a 'bonus'. Sorry guys Kim.

Belcher

Corporal
A ticket to support will not get you a confectionary. The final quest upgrades your existing confectionary to a better one. If you don't have a confectionary to upgrade then there is no point in completing that quest.

As was suggested, use remaining stars to try for the confectionary. If you absolutely just gotta have it, yes, you'll need to buy more stars.