• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #9 2017-07-03

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a fun thing to do, hard to control over forums though ;). If you had a strict 'answer in a specific format' you could have looped through the answers with a simple find.
I agree that providing a template for answers would make sense for any future crosswords.

If my PC were running I would write a simple program for you to check the answers programatically. However, you'll have to wait for that!

DeletedUser4089

As for future crossword competitions.
Make it so answers are input into a form. Form feeds a database. Wrong answers are immediately flagged. Each entry has a number, RNG to find winners.

k, bye

As for future crossword competitions.
Make it so answers are input into a form. Form feeds a database. Wrong answers are immediately flagged. Each entry has a number, RNG to find winners.

k, bye
I have also thought along those lines. There are even crossword sites that will do the entire thing for you. However, one purpose of such quizzes as the crossword - and competitions like the one we're on - is to encourage people to the forum generally, to get them used to posting and interacting on here. If things are taken too remotely, a major purpose in having the quiz in the first place is destroyed.

DeletedUser110179

The title of Oh Pascal was chosen to assure filing under " O " ... without being too far from Pascal or Programming.

DeletedUser110195

LOW Advanced Guide .

Written by the most successful guild in the history of FoE.
I looked at it, it is not good for anyone who doesn't play with their credit card. The GBs section...the order they called for is a good way to stall your city, because who in their right mind at a low age would even consider selling any of those when they have no room for necessary to progress buildings? No, first is a population GB, inno tower works best, then a happiness GB, if you're a fighter get Alcatraz and then Chateau, if not get Lotus Temple(you don't need the 70 tile Alcatraz if you don't fight)......population, happiness and coins, now you're free to blow space on whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.