• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #9 2017-07-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Absolutely never colosseum, those points would be better spent contributing to any of the four GBs I mentioned. A level 10 lotus temple will outperform everything to the end of Arctic Future, and for a city where the player is trying to save space by not building houses it is perfect for a non-fighter, Alcatraz and the Chateau do that job better for a fighter.

joesoap

Major-General
i guess the game has changed & even small, new players dont want or need the medals gained from the colosseum, after all there are victory towers now which give a far better return in a 1x1 space

DeletedUser110195

i guess the game has changed & even small, new players dont want or need the medals gained from the colosseum, after all there are victory towers now which give a far better return in a 1x1 space
Just coming away with bronze on a highish level GB gives plenty of medals, do that a few times, and you've gotten months worth of medals you would've got from a colosseum, without wasting the goods or FPs to build that 42 tile waste, as well as pieces of a much more valuable blueprint.

DeletedUser4089

Just coming away with bronze on a highish level GB gives plenty of medals, do that a few times, and you've gotten months worth of medals you would've got from a colosseum, without wasting the goods or FPs to build that 42 tile waste, as well as pieces of a much more valuable blueprint.
But you don't get the Colosseum in your town that way :(

DeletedUser110195

Everyone who built it in my guild are considering demolition
For me the choice was easy, it came up when I had a complete deal castle blueprint, that gives far more medals and it does something far more important than give weak amounts of happiness: makes your defense hit harder.

DeletedUser4089

I happened to have all the BPs and stuff for Deal, so I built it.

DeletedUser110195

I want blueprints for the Eiffel Tower.
Oh! Can we have that replace the crapitol in industrial??? Maybe it can simultaneously replace the colosseum as a happiness GB paired with coin production(it is a tourist attraction after all) and they can think of something worth building for iron age.

Or maybe just change the colosseum, to a lesser version of Alcatraz, and have it put out unattached units along with more happiness than it currently gives.

DeletedUser110195

Yeah that's like asking New Englanders to honor Texas with an Alamo GB(if it were American developers).....maybe the Alamo can replace the crapitol then? ;)

How about the Severn Ironbridge? That predates the Effeil Tower by about a century, proved the use of cast iron in a far more practical way, and unlike Eiffel, Darby really did use break-through technology. It could be said to be one of the king-pins that started the industrial revolution for England and then the world at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.