• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #64 2018-07-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati2

Legend
I want a bunch of those mugs that say, "I survived another meeting that should have been an email" and give it after every meeting that others insist should be done in person. Its usually the traditionalists that insist it should be this way.

Just today, someone asked for my phone number. What the heck? Send me an email. Why discuss anything on the phone, when I know that it will end with me saying that he should write all this down and sent it to me in an email.

I can't search in phone conversations. I don't care what we discuss over the phone, or in person. I need to have that in writing, in a searchable format. Dah. :D

I installed a call recorder on my phone..not so I can be creepy (although I know it probably is creepy lol).. but so I can go back to conversations for reference on important things they might have said. Such a waste of time really.

Ati2

Legend
I installed a call recorder on my phone..not so I can be creepy (although I know it probably is creepy lol).. but so I can go back to conversations for reference on important things they might have said. Such a waste of time really.

I had that at some point, but when I talk to someone for an hour on the phone... I'm never going to listen back to it to find one small piece of information that I need. I won't spend an hour talking, and another hour listening back to it when a simple 5-minute email would be enough.

DeletedUser112892

There's a program called "WinDirStat" that will give you stats on what is taking up space on your drive.
Sweet, I'll check that when I get home (where should I find this program? Is it something that comes with windows or do I need to download it?)
There is built-in Resource monitor for windows.
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
2. Enter Task Manager
3. Click on "Performance" tab
4. Click "Resource Monitor"
And there you will see which app uses how many space.

Ati2

Legend
There is built-in Resource monitor for windows.
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
2. Enter Task Manager
3. Click on "Performance" tab
4. Click "Resource Monitor"
And there you will see which app uses how many space.

That doesn't show what uses how much space on your disk.

I had that at some point, but when I talk to someone for an hour on the phone... I'm never going to listen back to it to find one small piece of information that I need. I won't spend an hour talking, and another hour listening back to it when a simple 5-minute email would be enough.

Absolutely agreed. I installed it. Never really used it.

DeletedUser112892

Check again ;)
It shows how much physical, CPU and RAM space specific app uses
My bad, forgot to write "app that is currently running"
However, I use it whenever I want to see what is taking much space on disk C: .

Emberguard

Legend
That's the problem, this is even when only windows is running. My SSD has half of actual stuff of what is being shown as used. I should have plenty of space, not nearly no space.

Ati2

Legend
My bad, forgot to write "app that is currently running"
However, I use it whenever I want to see what is taking much space on disk C: .
It still doesn't show how much space it uses, and what's taking up all the space on the drive.

That's the problem, this is even when only windows is running. My SSD has half of actual stuff of what is being shown as used. I should have plenty of space, not nearly no space.

It's probably a part of WIndows itself, that is taking up the space. Pagefile, system reserves etc. The program I mentioned will show you this.

DeletedUser112892

I am not planning to build DT yet. I will build it later, so I can collect goods from higher ages to make sets for specific GBs to sell players for FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.