• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #46 2018-03-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112366

The picture of spring event is somewhat irritating - the gowns are worn with the right front on top of left front
its how we dress the dead people in their coffins

kimono.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

Interesting piece of information. We differ fronts, which should be on top, by genders instead, right fron on top for women. But yes, a serious flaw in a japanese theme event, dress everyone as dead XDDD

AussieAlex

Overlord
Maybe it’s the Hope of Spring? Closer to the equator it’s fully HOT season already. Drip drip.

A potential new urban tropical event would be free of palm trees and beaches. It would need puffs of steamy humidity eminating from your device/computer. Recurring quests could relate to the number of showers or changes of clothes per day. ... gotta stop. Makes me feel hotter just imagining.

Last edited:

DeletedUser112366

Interesting piece of information. We differ fronts, which should be on top, by genders instead, right fron on top for women. But yes, a serious flaw in a japanese theme event, dress everyone as dead XDDD
Oh can I ask where the custom is??

Also the bottom of kimono is nothing like a skirt, The cheap looking umbrella is definitely not ours.
Our traditional umbrella has 32 or more "bones" and is very sturdy, and colorful, delicately designed. (but very expensive - I don't have one :p )

和傘.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
@kya-koro I'm thinking it's more of a "feel" of traditional while using artistic licence to make it their own thing

Many times in art the image you see is nothing like the real thing, but close enough that if you don't look too closely you'd swear you knew the place you were looking at, or the thing it's depicting.

Art is about taking what's in front of you and presenting it in a way that's visually appealing. Most of the time that means altering the object because there's a way to make it look even better then if it was exactly like real life

All the master artists do it. Even the best landscapes of the real world will have been altered for the art piece. No matter how nice what's in front of you may be, there will be elements that'll detract from the overall painting and need readjusting to make the piece work, and work well.

Last edited:

AussieAlex

Overlord
EEB01FCC-CAAE-4B58-B695-918D12C4D566.jpeg
...The cheap looking umbrella is definitely not ours.
Our traditional umbrella has 32 or more "bones" and is very sturdy, and colorful, delicately designed. (but very expensive - I don't have one :p )View attachment 14987

Love the variety of what we learn here!

Love
Live
Give

EDIT: I just saw a horse guy walking along a road so I took a screenshot. I watched him go up to the corner, turn 180deg, start walking back along the road again, go behind and be hidden by the house, and not appear on the other side! What does anyone know about this horse guy?

Last edited:

DeletedUser112366

@kya-koro I'm thinking it's more of a "feel" of traditional while using artistic licence to make it their own thing

Many times in art the image you see is nothing like the real thing, but close enough that if you don't look too closely you'd swear you knew the place you were looking at, or the thing it's depicting.

Art is about taking what's in front of you and presenting it in a way that's visually appealing. Most of the time that means altering the object because there's a way to make it look even better then if it was exactly like real life

All the master artists do it. Even the best landscapes of the real world will have been altered for the art piece. No matter how nice what's in front of you may be, there will be elements that'll detract from the overall painting and need readjusting to make the piece work, and work well.

Yeah I am used to my daughters showing me the adaptations of original works; there are so many beautiful adaptations.
I just can't stand cheap and phony adaptations.
And something that reminds me of funerals.

I have to see Napoleon once in my city!!

Status
Not open for further replies.