• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #27 2017-11-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111589

More of a relief in my case @Prinza the Hunter . Completing it has that "I did it, its easier than it seem" effect, expensive though. In one encounter it took 8 goods per slot and 10 different ones to choose from, failing there is shocking.

How high is your attack and defend bonus for when you start a battle? I can't win 2 wave battles on GE 1

How high is your attack and defend bonus for when you start a battle? I can't win 2 wave battles on GE 1
Sure you can, at least some of them. The range unit mix is the worst but beatable. My secret is that — contrary to most advice — I have at least one of every troop building and keep them current (I often have one current age and one last age, for each type) plus I have 3 IA archers (though my LMA town is down to two of them now and might lose another before I am out of LMA).

The archers are mostly for cheap fodder, since the enemy will generally attack the weakest units; so if I know, for example, that the enemy horse archers will come forward and kill one of my guys whatever I do, I include an archer. Archers aren’t just fodder, though: with a little skill, 8 of them can take out 8 heavies even up to HMA with minimal loss/damage. They are cheap, require little space and rebuild in 2 hours — marvellous little chaps.

This means that I can look at the troops on GE and match my army accordingly. I am never fighting a mass of heavies with light infantry, I can cavalry-charge the range units and lose only one or two in the process, I can form a versatile square or triangle against any kind of melee units, and I can set an artillery barrage likely to smack down most troops.

To answer your question, on one city I have about 23%, on the other I have about 45% fixed attack bonuses. The difference is notable, not necessarily in how many units I might lose but in how injured they are at the end, or how many are injured. I am just getting to the point where some units will kill with one hit: THAT makes a huge difference, not only because you might be able to attack more enemy (which you can’t always) but a one-hit kill means you don’t get injured by any retaliation. Dead men don’t fight back!

At the end of GE2, I will often apply a tavern boost, too, but that isn’t so useful until mid-GE3 because it doesn’t add protection, just makes you hit harder/for more. By mid GE3, the enemy protection starts to climb so that extra attack means you can still be sure of a two-hit kill.

DeletedUser110179

A fp-attack combo ... no roads required.

FP-Att Combo.jpg

DeletedUser108047

@Test Ament - I think next week Inno will start beta testing :)

A definition for futility...

2 spear defence in PvP battle - kraken takes one...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

the one smorgas has only 2 different neighbors
so 7% def
Thanks for seeing ...

I'm not really concerned about defense (coin, supplies or goods) ... but maybe the fp and attack could still be improved upon.
4 fp/d isn't very high but 12% attack is equivalent to 24 levels on CdM or CoA.

Well, that's not completely true since GBs boost the att/def boost while SBs only boost the att number.

DeletedUser110179

Trouble at mill ... I took 3 sectors from Exostence but they retook the 3 ... + 2 more .

HMA 11 Nov.jpg

Nice but how do you propose getting hold of 4 of the same building.
I think theoretical layouts are fairly pointless on this Set.
It’s going to have to be “grab a bunch of the buildings, then see what you can do” .
They say that "structure follows strategy" ... it's nice to be a little prepared.

I got 5 RHs in last years event ... 4 hardly seems impossible with one or two doubles .
Quite frankly, I'ld be more concerned about getting the 15 pieces in total ... lol.

. . Show 2 . . . . Double Payout . . . Shuffle All

1 Madame Fortuna's Tent and 1 Straw Star Tent can be obtained from the questline.

DeletedUser111866

I wonder why many low age people make their own guids and just stay there? Are they plain parking, or maybe some other reason to do that?

DeletedUser110195

GE. With only you as a member, you can always supply the goods you need to unlock all levels, and not get held down by a perpetually inactive high age player.

DeletedUser111866

Then, they have to lose FPs for trade, and have proper set of friends, I guess. Or is trading with hood enough?

DeletedUser110195

For anything your own age trading with neighbors can be sufficient. Bear in mind I don't advocate going solo, I just understand the reasons why someone would do that, as essentially playing without a guild severely inhibits your progress, but it does afford you complete control over unlocking GE levels, with a ToR that can be good enough, fewer aid obligations.

DeletedUser110195

No, that's just to compete in the championship, you can do GE without competing in the championship. I know this because I did so..briefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.