• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #27 2017-11-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

I'm suddenly very glad the Kraken was low on my priority list, and the Oracle wasn't even on my radar. As a result nothing I had or was donating to was affected.

DeletedUser111589

I donated to one guys kraken last night, it was lv 67 on top of it. Got my rewards, and today he had it close to level up once again. Logged in few hours later, and BAM! Its lv 3.

Pleasant guy, such a shame that happened to him.

Got few more rewards from cape and orangery that were over lv 60 as well.

I have often thought that games developers should get experience on finance systems. That teaches a very useful set of behaviours that, in the lomg run, would not cost a company like Inno but would prevent pissing off customers.

DeletedUser108047

new hood. new epic defender fail

610% def
yesterday I plundered him
today city shield

wasting space for 610% defense but then needing a city shield :lol:

Well if your game was to beat them on the rankings - your plundering has helped reinforce their inefficient city design and you should out rank them for all time... :)

@Prinza the Hunter wasn't QA that guy on Star Trek Next Generation who was Picard's unpredictable wacky nemesis???

DeletedUser110195

Captain Prinzard: What do you want QA?
QA: Why, to offer my services of course as part of your crew.
Captain Prinzard: We neither want nor require your help QA.
QA: How can you be so sure? There are errors out there you couldn't possibly imagine!
Captain Prinzard: I'm sure our software is ready for whatever the users should encounter.
QA: Is that so? Well then, let's see how ready your software is! snaps fingers and the software is sent to beta testing

Captain Prinzard: What do you want QA?
QA: Why, to offer my services of course as part of your crew.
Captain Prinzard: We neither want nor require your help QA.
QA: How can you be so sure? There are errors out there you couldn't possibly imagine!
Captain Prinzard: I'm sure our software is ready for whatever the users should encounter.
QA: Is that so? Well then, let's see how ready your software is! snaps fingers and the software is sent to beta testing
And then the cheeky bloody beta testers get it wrong and use the software the way they want it used, so back it comes for modification under the guise of what they dare to call ‘bugs’ as though my software could be anything but perfect!

DeletedUser108047

On the one hand I'm still dark that I haven't got daily incidents... on the other I'm doubly glad that my guild doesn't seem to have been affected by oracle debacle (which is ironic - if you had built an oracle - you should have been warned)

On the one hand I'm still dark that I haven't got daily incidents...
I just don’t understand how a commercial company expects to gain by openly playing favouritism to some customers without as much as an open statement of what they are doing.

The anti-Forge of Empires rhetoric isn’t even confined to the wider web, now. On this, the beta and the US forums, customers are. annnouncing the cessation of spending money, or the abandonment of the game.

I just can’t fathom what anyone at Inno is up to with this policy, beyond commercial vandalism.

DeletedUser110179

The anti-Forge of Empires rhetoric isn’t even confined to the wider web, now. On this, the beta and the US forums, customers are announcing the cessation of spending money, or the abandonment of the game.

I just can’t fathom what anyone at Inno is up to with this policy, beyond commercial vandalism.
FoE was started by a few people that loved the game ... but now it's grown into this monster that requires all kinds of business skills aswell
(no wonder Van Gogh never sold a painting in his lifetime).

The interest in studying economics or business management is a fairly modern phenomenon. Prior to the 20th century it was pretty much in the hands of groups like the Jewish people because it was considered a dirty job (akin to washing toilets ... pretty much everything in the Bible askews the tax collector or people interested in financial advancement).

Some players have warned me against GvG (ie It won't be with us much longer unless it gets ported to mobile) ... but FoE itself may not be here in the next 5 years.

foe_logo_open_graph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Forge of Empires - where there is no Forge and there is no Empire. Just two things that makes me think this game has little to do with how it was first envisaged.

Edit:

Hey! They have activated the Winter Event on beta for the app. Woo hoo!

Shame it is one week late.

DeletedUser111866

So, a 5x7 comsisting of 14 pieces for 7FP/day? Nice, but will there be ever a person collecting enough during the event (unless they spend diamonds of course)?

DeletedUser110179

So, a 5x7 comsisting of 14 pieces for 7FP/day?
Nice, but will there ever be a person collecting enough during the event (unless they spend diamonds of course)?
No ... I doubt it ... everyone has diamonds from GE, else buying a few with real money.

Interesting mobile battle dynamics for Warlords of Aternum .

Status
Not open for further replies.