• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #25 2017-10-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you perchance mean Saint Nicholas from Myra?
That’s the fellow, though only the Dutch continue with the very non-politically-correct story of his travelling with a black servant (slave? bed-warmer?) boy from Africa. But that’s alright: he was almost certainly a dark-skinned moor himself.

Nikolaos as his mother probably called him, Saint Nicholas as the English say it, Sinta Klaas as the Dutch have it, Santa Clausa as the Danish say it, he somehow morphed from his Christian Saint’s Day in early December to be the icon for a man he barely believed in, since even his Christianity can be doubted by the way he avoided Roman imprisonment for Christians and his writings on the prophet Duwad (David in English translations of the Bible and Qur’an).

I suspect that if he could have a say in the matter, he would today call himself a Muslim as much as a Christian (the Qur’an wasn’t written when he was alive), though perhaps not a very good one of either. Still, if half the stories are half true, he was a very decent fellow.

DeletedUser108047

Santa Claus (as distinct from St Nicholas etc) was a Coca-Cola promotion in the early 20th century....

@Test Ament perhaps the most attractive element of Atlantis is that you can get a decent wodge of plunder without having to battle and plunder everyone everyday... which means you can be a moderate plunderer and possibly still get some limited goodwill from your hood :)

DeletedUser111351

I can't imagine anyone going after and building a plunder-specific GB and then plundering less once they've obtained and leveled it. It'll just make them more bloodthirsty.

DeletedUser110179

@ Test Ament perhaps the most attractive element of Atlantis is that you can get a decent wodge of plunder without having to battle and plunder everyone everyday... which means you can be a moderate plunderer and possibly still get some limited goodwill from your hood :)
Sounds like a contradiction in terms ... but everyone needs a good villain (be it Capt Hook, Darth Vader or HAL 9000) .

If you're going to worry about goodwill from the neighbours ... you're probably not focused on progress and development. You really need to hit the neighbours hard else they're going to laugh at your split personality or call you bi-polar. I enjoyed defeating the highest ranked players in the hood ... Atlantis makes it all worthwhile .

Battle and plunder is a strategy for success rather than an enjoyment preference.

DeletedUser96901

I only attack and plunder people who don't aid me

and those already don't have a goodwill on me or else they would aid me

:rolleyes:

...I enjoyed defeating the highest ranked players in the hood ... Battle and plunder is a strategy for success rather than an enjoyment preference.
Make your mind up, Bridge. This is a game, so if sucess in it (however that is defined in a game that can’t be won) is what you enjoy then there is no ‘rather than’.

DeletedUser111589

Inno goods collected sooner than Alcatraz ones and I started getting Alcatraz goods a week or two before. Now just to have terrace farm finish producing FP so I can store it to make some space.

Good morning @Yugure

DeletedUser110179

Make your mind up, Bridge.
This is a game, so if sucess in it (however that is defined in a game that can’t be won) is what you enjoy then there is no ‘rather than’.
I guess I enjoy power and influence ...

For me it was more about tackling the toughest dude in the hood than pilfering anything afterwards.
Even financial prosperity (in RL) can be more about status and power than any material needs (like food and shelter) .

That said you can still set goals and challenges which will be your personal victory or "winning" when they are achieved .

DeletedUser111589

Screenshot_20171029-141414-compressed.jpg

Finished

DeletedUser111866

Grats Ilela :)

I wish I'd be this lucky. Two weekly challenger chests, two 2xstore in a row. Hope you can store a GB with it, or else why should people use so kany of them? (Yes I am aware that I am lucky to have those daily challenges at all, but...) store building seems to be the worst prize to get from challenger chest, at least you can invest the FPs and get something right away, these are dead weight until a certain srt of circumstances comes up.

DeletedUser111866

I've got one DC to defeat 30 and get 3 sectora, and nothing more. The reward was culture vs residential (chose culture). That DC was safely skipped XD

Some dc's require me(on beta) to do what I'd have done anyway, so no cost. e.g spend fp, aid 30 players, and so on
I like when these appear. They are like freebies then.

DeletedUser111589

Completed 2 weekly challenges in a row (14 daily ones) now for last 2 days I'm getting 'obtain 5 sectors on map'.

Thanks.

@vikingraider1 I need some houses for gold until I get more tribal squares.

@ih8regin store building proved quite nice reward. I had to store terrace farm for some space. Now that I've gotten rid of majority of houses I can build terrace farm again.

Status
Not open for further replies.