• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #25 2017-10-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks!

This week's competition thread is now open 8-)
As we had a winner last week, the prizes are reset. This week you can win:

1 Premium Supply building from your age or below

This week's competition will close at 11:30pm on Sunday 29th October. Good luck everybody!

DeletedUser110179

3D white man 1st 200px.jpg

I was looking earlier at comparisons between supply production buildings. The Alchemist is pretty good (one of the best aged buildings) but is topped by the same-sized special, Beach Bar (but the Alchemist is included in repeating quests). The premium Windmil (won on GE, I think, though it might have been won here) is inredible, producing slightly more than the much larger Farm. What surprised me is that the HMA Windmill stays directly competitive through the following two ages and competes even in the third age up, because of its lower population need.

DeletedUser110195

1 Clockmaker.png

This fine production building of the colonial age is the direct successor to the alchemist in terms of a perfect supplies building.

DeletedUser111866

Meh prize imho. Even if I'd be competing for a domestication pen XDDD I'm not in such a need for supplies. BPs were a lot more tasty.

I also wonder if you can attack a player who has not yet researched military tactics. Someone tested and succeed, and unless that was a bug, this SUCKS big time. Imagine a new BA player came into a hood with say me who has lots of units and rogues to boot, and repeatedly gets plundered without an ability to even fight back until well into tech tree (2 weks estimated)!

DeletedUser111351

Meh prize imho. Even if I'd be competing for a domestication pen XDDD I'm not in such a need for supplies. BPs were a lot more tasty.

I also wonder if you can attack a player who has not yet researched military tactics. Someone tested and succeed, and unless that was a bug, this SUCKS big time. Imagine a new BA player came into a hood with say me who has lots of units and rogues to boot, and repeatedly gets plundered without an ability to even fight back until well into tech tree (2 weks estimated)!
I'm sure I was plundered before I ever had my first soldier. Battling foes off with spearmen, oh yeah. Isn't like a had a ton of loot to be plundered that early on. And if you are getting plundered in early Iron or sooner by someone using 7 rogues, well, being able to attack back isn't likely to be productive in the slightest.

But I can't say it's anything I was consciously aware of at the time, so memory could be fuzzy. Ah, looks like this was a new add (knew I didn't really remember it). Seems I suddenly have a giant lock on my assign defenders button in my newest world. That lock wasn't even there like 2 hours ago.

As for the premium production building, I won one of those. Not particularly exciting as you say. I do wonder what the rules for request actually are for that one though. I mean, another cider mill (let alone bountiful), now that would be nice. Or maybe a terrace farm or something. If it's actually limited to the diamond purchaseables in the buildings menu, not quite so special.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

I'm sure I was plundered before I ever had my first soldier.
Well, I meant with the new rules of PVP, that is, you have to research Military Tactics to have a chance to attack. Someone said that he could attack a BA player after this came into effect.

I'd like to have a cider mill, although I don't exactly have space for it XD my BA one is still operational and pretty productive based on prod/pop ratio, also that 2x3 spot is rather deserted without it. :)

DeletedUser108047

Having carefully read the ideas forum and the basis of self-interest that seems to support and define many of them...

I propose that we change the rules for this thread so that those the chances of winning are optimised for those who have been losers the longest....

eg:
those who are 0/25 will win if they are within an hour of the posted time....
those who are 1/25 will win if within 10 minutes
those who are 2/25 will win if within 4 minutes
etc etc
those with 7/25 can't win....

LadyHecate

Major-General
I was looking earlier at comparisons between supply production buildings. The Alchemist is pretty good (one of the best aged buildings) but is topped by the same-sized special, Beach Bar (but the Alchemist is included in repeating quests). The premium Windmil (won on GE, I think, though it might have been won here) is inredible, producing slightly more than the much larger Farm. What surprised me is that the HMA Windmill stays directly competitive through the following two ages and competes even in the third age up, because of its lower population need.
Most premium production buildings survive an Age or two beyond their actual one due to the production rates. I've only just deleted my ME Film Studio, despite being in CE, to make room for the Black Tower. The only one I didn't particularly like was the CA Perfume Distillery due to it's small size. Whilst the 3x2 production buildings are great for production they suck up all you Aids from other players, hence my like for the larger ones.
those who are 0/25 will win if they are within an hour of the posted time....
those who are 1/25 will win if within 10 minutes
those who are 2/25 will win if within 4 minutes
etc etc
those with 7/25 can't win....
Big thumbs up from me! Played (written) every week thus far and still without a win! :(

DeletedUser111589

I'm getting close to advancing up to LMA, only 5 more techs to research.

Since no one in my friendlist has high enough inno with good reward (like for arc and Alcatraz) that is leveling it up, I may very well decide to buy last 2 remaining bp

LadyHecate

Major-General
@LadyHecate you should get bonus minutes for all the sage advice you give!
You're too kind! And I'll probably end up winning this week as, alas, I have no use for a premium production building; I'd rather have one Zeus BP!

And I'm still getting used to the true cross-Era new 'hood that I've ended up in this week! Since the new system started back in January I've only ever been in a (at least 95%) CE 'hood. This week, with at least 50% being in TE, I've had to start paying attention to the Neighbours!

Last edited:
Since no one in my friendlist has high enough inno with good reward (like for arc and Alcatraz) that is leveling it up, I may very well decide to buy last 2 remaining bp
The solution is indicted by the statement “...no one in my friendlist has high enough inno with good reward...” but I try to a avoid suggesting to people that they don’t spend diamonds!

LadyHecate

Major-General
The solution is indicted by the statement “...no one in my friendlist has high enough inno with good reward...” but I try to a avoid suggesting to people that they don’t spend diamonds!
Once you've unlocked all the premium expansions for your Age, getting that last BP you're after is the best use for Diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.