• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #23 2017-10-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

also we are a Top 3 guild!
Meh, I don't much care for the idea of being in a top 3, 10, or even 20 guild. To do so usually requires one to treat the game like a job, in which case it is no longer fun or a game.

DeletedUser110195

Only for the Leadership! Our players all enjoy themselves otherwise, as you suggest, they'd leave.
What does your guild make mandatory for membership? It depends heavily on that, as to whether the game is a game, or a job.

LadyHecate

Major-General
What does your guild make mandatory for membership? It depends heavily on that, as to whether the game is a game, or a job.
Already in possession of an Observatory GB and be Colonial Age or later; we have a sister guild for those LMA and below. Once a Member, we require a 12 FPs weekly donation to a nominated Obs within the guild (our guild generates 6 FPs/day, so that's only two days worth from the Town Hall), and completion of Level 1 GE each week (we also help with goods for members if they're farmers Negotiating rather than fighting).

DeletedUser110179

Our guild does likewise and gives our junior members a full set of Arc goods for free once they have shown some commitment to the guild (and collected a full set of Arc BPs!).
That's brilliant.

The real benefit isn't so much for the treasury but that an Arc instantly makes everyone worth more (owners and investors alike) ...
hence, a guild is multiplying it's own value many times over quite quickly.

If a guild is shooting for Top spot in the rankings ... an Arc for everyone is absolutely essential
(like computers in a software company or cars in a sales company) .

TopTen_LandingPage640x360px.jpg

DeletedUser110195

A fixed amount of FP that you know about beforehand and doesn't change, finish level 1 GE...that's reasonable. I've joined guilds in the past that require points be put on new GBs...they mean new GBs but say 'GBs in the mud'....so it was...okay, so I have to stop and read through 4 pages of messages in the mud thread to find what was recently dropped and put a point on it before spending my days collection....sorry, too much work for a game, and they're not even a top 30 guild on any of their worlds.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I've joined guilds in the past that require points be put on new GBs...they mean new GBs but say 'GBs in the mud'
We did have a GB in the Mud requirement, however, it was entirely voluntary; if you wanted to post your own GB in the Mud then you were expected to donate to others! It became too difficult to police and so we dropped it. We still have a GB in the Mud thread to alert others to a new GB's existence however there's no obligation to donate to any GBs such posted.

DeletedUser110195

Things being voluntary tend to get people doing them more than when it's mandatory. If I can't do something at that moment, then it's demanding me to put a hurt on myself just to continue being a member, then I don't need that guild. I frequently put points on new GBs on my main world which has a much higher amount of FP to work with, I also fully agree that if you don't help someone else's GBs out of the mud you shouldn't expect others to help yours...I also think it's unfair to deny people using those threads if they were late to the mud party.

vikingraider

Emperor
The guy who supplied my goods for Dynamic Tower on greif actually traded all 1875 of them for only having put 40 FP on his building. I'm going to put more just because I don't think its fair he should give up a full set for so little...but he did that.

I'm that guy on beta :-)

That is cheap for a full set of OF GB goods! Should have bought more and then sold them at a profit after Kraken's release!

I could've done but it betrays trust. Plus there are many sellers at 400fp.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111589

No, you cannot choose which BPs specifically, however we would not give you any duplicates. So if, for example, you choose to have 3 each for 2 GBs where you only need 3 BPs, and 1 for a GB where you only need 1 more, you would complete all 3 GBs

Would it be possible to select bp for multiple worlds?

DeletedUser110195

;) You can indeed take some BPs on one world and some on another, however, Goods and FPs to level 10 are not included :P
Maybe that could be the prize of a many times rollover? Like say 5 or so rollovers, you get all the goods to build a GB of your choice and another one or so, all the FPs to level it to 10? :)

DeletedUser110195

I think the odds of having 5 rollovers are so low, I might actually win a multi-million dollar lottery jackpot before it happens, so it's not like this would become a common occurrence. ;)

DeletedUser111589

Just noticed I have 7 missing Arc BP.

Would be great if I were to win... Alas, it'll be like last week or any of previous weeks I have participated, much to my dismay...

DeletedUser110195

I don't know, I've gone a pretty long dry spell of no wins, and some poor individuals like Dane who've been in it since these started and still have no wins. Overall none of us have particularly encouraging win rates, but it can really help if you get lucky. I got my first Dynamic Tower built on account of a 7 BPs of your choice prize.

DeletedUser110195

Yeah so was my first win :P
Here we are at week 23, 4 wins to my name, a 17% win record for someone who's been in it from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.