• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #23 2017-10-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111510

Thanks LadyHecate. I'll give it a look when I get a chance. I think I need to rearrange things to make my city more efficient before I head to Modern era.

DeletedUser110179

Does anyone know where I can find the city planner tool I've seen mentioned a couple of times?
FoE City Planner is certainly my favorite (see Forum Discussion) .
Love the 2D/3D option ... you can load any city from any server.

city-editor-4.jpg

DeletedUser108047

I too like the foe manager city planner - I find it particularly useful to have open side by side with my city as I move stuff around and then reload to see what I have missed etc. Its particularly good for checking you have no empty squares or roads that haven't been upgraded.

Thanks. Cue the mad dash for OF goods
Indeed. The first release of the Kraken was not so good and people whined that it was useless (I thought then that they were wrong). Inno's response was to so over-power it that it became a "must have" for almost everyone. Even farmers are saying they might build it, just as deterrent.

On another note, I just have my first Great Sword Warrior. It seems strange that a burly guy able to lug a 5kg shield on one arm while wielding a 3kg, 1½ metre great sword in both hands with any effect, is classed as a 'light unit'. Makes me wonder just how chunky the heavy infantry are!

DeletedUser108047

GSW are very hand soldiers - with some boost they will make a mess of a lot of armies :)
As for Kraken - yes got a full set of goods put aside... OF have been very cheap to buy :)

DeletedUser108047

1 OF for 1AF is common, 1OF for 1FE occasional as straight trades; haven't had to buy with fps

As for Kraken - yes got a full set of goods put aside... OF have been very cheap to buy :)
I saw that opportunity coming but have been getting my Arcs going (while still in middle ages) so have missed the cheap OF goods. I was even thinking of getting OF goods to trade down for AF, since I want to build a Geae sometime soonish (I know people in later ages don't think much of it but for me, still in LMA, that many medals and that much happiness will help me hugely).

----

FoE City Planner is certainly my favorite (see Forum Discussion) .
Love the 2D/3D option ... you can load any city from any server.
Unfortunately, all the city planners I know use Flash, so I can't use them. I suppose I might give it a go on the Puffin Browser but that might be waaaay too sluggish.

DeletedUser111589

Screenshot_20171010-145302.png

Plus on other world I got another 30 diamonds for spending just 2 FP

DeletedUser110195

400fp? That makes the rate about 1:6 which is pretty cheap
The guy who supplied my goods for Dynamic Tower on greif actually traded all 1875 of them for only having put 40 FP on his building. I'm going to put more just because I don't think its fair he should give up a full set for so little...but he did that.

The guy who supplied my goods for Dynamic Tower on greif actually traded all 1875 of them for only having put 40 FP on his building. I'm going to put more just because I don't think its fair he should give up a full set for so little...but he did that.
I have been given the two least-wanted FE goods for an Arc and asked to make just a 10FP donation (like you, I gave more). Not everyone in this game is playing just to trample over everyone else.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I have been given the two least-wanted FE goods for an Arc and asked to make just a 10FP donation (like you, I gave more). Not everyone in this game is playing just to trample over everyone else.
Arc goods do tend to be the exception to the rule! Our guild does likewise and gives our junior members a full set of Arc goods for free once they have shown some commitment to the guild (and collected a full set of Arc BPs!).

DeletedUser110195

Makes sense for a guild to help build Arcs, they are the best method of generating goods for the treasury. You do need to take care of who you do that for though, a few of our members jumped ship recently to join top 3 guilds. Fair weather guildies looking for the bigger better deal.

DeletedUser111351

Can't say I'm looking forward to the hunt for high level goods.

DeletedUser110195

There's not much to it, get a couple dozen top end players in your friend list, then send a message to all of them when you're ready to build an advanced GB, and wait. Most plan for this and have goods on hand to sell. I had 2 responses to my request to buy Tomorrow Era goods for Dynamic Tower within a couple minutes.

Of course you don't have to wait for the blueprint to be finished to do this, you can get a headstart on it as I did(which is why my DT isn't up yet...still missing two pieces)

LadyHecate

Major-General
You do need to take care of who you do that for though, a few of our members jumped ship recently to join top 3 guilds.
Hence my statement "once they have shown some commitment to the guild", also we are a Top 3 guild!

There's not much to it, get a couple dozen top end players in your friend list, then send a message to all of them when you're ready to build an advanced GB, and wait. Most plan for this and have goods on hand to sell. I had 2 responses to my request to buy Tomorrow Era goods for Dynamic Tower within a couple minutes.
Agreed! I'm a CE player but easily trade up for TE goods and consequently offer both CE/TE goods to others and PE (from GBs etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.