• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #13 2017-07-31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just posted this to my guild on Arvahall :

BUG info: A bug when using ROGUES in GE combat has been noted on beta and raised with support that might affect us here (I don't fight with rogues, so can't be sure).

After a rogue is hit by an enemy, the PICTURE of this unit on the BATTLEGROUND transforms ino a regular unit, as it should do. But it really is NOT transformed. It keeps the specific ROGUE attributes, that is, it cannot attack from behind and does not have any range for a shooting attack.

While the picture on screen shows the transformed unit, the BAR below the main screen shows the un-transformed rogue.

So, obviously rogue transformation is malfunctioning. Until further news on this, I advise you to NOT USE ROGUES for the time being.

DeletedUser109510

oh dear - if you auto-fight then you will never even notice

DeletedUser110195

Umm...if there's a bug where the rogue is getting hit, not being instantly destroyed or transformed, and can then take another hit and repeat the cycle...that bug makes them ridiculously overpowered in GE, because the AI will continue trying, and failing, to attack the rogues. It doesn't matter if they can't attack at a distance if they can't be transformed while keeping secret identity.

Wait...what is this nonsense about them 'not being able to attack from behind'?

DeletedUser110195

I'm still trying to muster up the motivation to get into a guild and fill up my friends lists on K and M.

DeletedUser110914

People won't bite you know ;) Besides a good place for BP's my current guild isn't that active to be honest. Getting some people to put FP's in new buildings but that's it

DeletedUser110195

The problem is my strategy now is so time-consuming that I simply don't feel like it. Spend a day looking through people for the right age, right GBs, enough polivatable things of the right age(s) and applying to a high, but not too high guild, so I'm not expected to play the game like it's a job, and not entertainment. Hard enough to treat it like a job once, and that's why I don't have a guild or friends on K and M. :)

DeletedUser110914

I don't really have a set strategy. For now I am saving for several GB's, so that means putting forgepoints in other GB's, developing the ones that I have. Gathering all the goods that I need to complete Industrial and Progressive Era (working in an Excel sheet ;))

If your Tavern rarely fills then you've got the wrong Friends! I regularly weed my Friends list; at least once per month if not every other week. The Friends filter on the Event History helps here. If a Friend doesn't appear in the event history, and hasn't amended their Profile to state they're away on holiday, then they get kicked. Consequently, I'm emptying my Tavern after filling to 16 several times a day.
Unless you are sitting on your game (or getting notifications that you can respond to immediately) then insisting that your tavern fills is a mistake. Yes, my tavern does fill occasionally, especially if I don't catch it right during the morning or lunchtime peaks. However, if you are a regular player with only occasional play time available, it is a mistake to always wait for your tavern to fill before you empty it.

As to a friend not appearing in event history .. well, I use the app, so using the event history is out. That said, I recently managed to get set up (on the en server but not on beta) with a browser access; it is fuzzy and relatively slow but I might see if using the event history is better than my current, rather guess-work related, method of keeping a clean friends list.

As a security analyst, I feel compelled to say that nobody should be declaring that they are on holiday, whether in their town profile, their social (sic) media, this forum or anywhere else. An astonishingly high number of house-clearing thefts are traced back to people who broadcast that a thief would have plenty of time in an unoccupied home. (And don't tell me that nobody can find out where you live from your game name .. please don't be that naive.)

DeletedUser110195

I guarantee it is. I've seen the event history in the app, it barely goes back one day, browser event history goes back a week, and it's filterable, so you can more easily check for just friend events, take a list of friends and enter them one by one. See who isn't on that list and boot them.

As for finding out where you live from a name you use....that's just straight ridiculous. Even if I made my username 'DetroitMichigan' that hardly means I'm from Detroit, Michigan.

DeletedUser110179

Getting the goods for anything through DT is the way to go,
I'm keen on the DT since I love producing goods for the guild. That said, if you can get the goods for the DT,
you can probably get the goods for any GB (long before the DT actually delivers).

FP Producing GBs.png

A small comparison of fp producing GBs to ascertain how well Hagia Sophia stacks up.

I've noticed that many players refrain from building the Hagia at all. My feeling is that any "fp producing GB is a good GB".
It's a big building and most players wont need happiness if they have Alcatraz levelled high or maybe they have a few other happiness GBs

Last edited by a moderator:
As for finding out where you live from a name you use....that's just straight ridiculous. Even if I made my username 'DetroitMichigan' that hardly means I'm from Detroit, Michigan.
I said nothing about finding out where you live from a name you use.

Why is it that I KEEP forgetting to forward the Munroe Quest when I am splashing out fps!? I have just done a 99fp snipe but only advanced one quest! I could have gotten two with little risk, or three with not much risk :(

DeletedUser110195

And don't tell me that nobody can find out where you live from your game name .. please don't be that naive
I think you did.

I'm keen on the DT since I love producing goods for the guild. That said, if you can get the goods for the DT,
you can probably get the goods for any GB (long before the DT actually delivers).
If you have the blueprint already finished, sure, but if you have not even one piece of it when you build DT, by the time you get that blueprint finished, you'll have the goods for it through DT.

Getting blueprints for the Arc is a doddle. It's as though the builders published them on WikiLeaks!

Still, goods for the DT are cheaper so I still will go that way, since I am crowded for space (my HMA town might even have to lose the last two Iron Age archery ranges!).

DeletedUser110195

Why sell off military buildings? DT has supplies production, sell supplies production, enough to fit it in. I wouldn't be worried too much over getting the rosarium from the event, it's just a compact luau. 2.5 FP a day(the production is 1/8hr, so you're not likely to get 3 of them to the second.)

DeletedUser108047

With an active friends list say 90% full one can easily get between 5 and 6 full tavern tables a day without chasing it... #drowning in silver

DeletedUser110195

I'm drowning in silver now mostly because having that 1.5 scale battlefield means I can do some proper strategy and don't need the attack boost as much to make up for ranged units being able to hit me without my guys moving an inch.

DeletedUser108047

@Augustavian what do you call drowning? I've over 300k and have had the 30% fight boost on most of the time.. can't really spend it all... Most of the other boosts aren't that useful to me

Status
Not open for further replies.