• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #13 2017-07-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks, welcome to the 13th 'What time is it?' competition thread. This week we have a double rollover! Will it be lucky 13 for someone?

In addition to the prizes still up for grabs from the last 2 weeks' competitions:

1x Premium Production building of any age up to and of course including the age you are in
1 full set of BPs for any GB up to and including those for the age you are in

This week you can also win:

1x Premium Residential and 1x Premium Culture Building of your age or below!

As always, all you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is reply in this thread. Since we have a double rollover this week, the time frame is widened to 4 minutes either side of the chosen time. Otherwise all the usual rules apply. This week's competition will close at 11pm UK time on Sunday August 6th

Good luck everyone!

DeletedUser110195

I was getting antsy with no new thread to post in, I think I'm addicted to the nonsense that goes on in these threads :lol:

I have just arranged to trade FPs for goods. By the sound of things, this is the goods provider's first ti e at this, too.

Something has just occured to me: can he and I even trade the goods, given that we are friends but are not in the same guild?

DeletedUser110195

Yes. Friends, neighbors, guildies, if the other person is one of them you can trade.

It just costs 1 fp per trade

DeletedUser110179

So it may be best to make up one trade for each type of good traded ... preferably using the same type of goods so that it's easy to find in one easy bunch.

DeletedUser110195

Just made a deal to buy the Arc goods I need....500 FP minimum, potentially 565. Still less than 625, so it works for me.

DeletedUser110179

I bought my Arc goods for 360 fps ... so shop around.

I donated the fps onto his Arc which in effect, brought back 100 fps or more.
You may have a few big friends who's incentive to make a profit in fps from new players may be of secondary importance.
That said, a serious trader will happily charge 1,000 fps.

I guess it all starts by sending those early invites to the Top 50 or 100 players on your world.

Last edited by a moderator:
360 sounds an exceptionally good deal. I think anything around one week's fps isn't too bad and with 4 almost-complete Palace sets, I'm suddenly able to fetch in over 50 per day. That's a heck of a jump from my pre-Summer Event total of 26 per day!

LadyHecate

Major-General
DT is great for lower Age players getting those higher Age goods; either for GBs or to fair trade down the market to get tons of goods of their current Age. The only real issue is getting the pool of higher Age players into your Friends list unless you have enough in your Guild.

DeletedUser110914

I guess that can be easily solved by joining a higher level guild, there are enough guilds with members who have a million and more points. My current has like 15 members near or over 1 million.
I might focus on Arc next, first want to have Albert Hall, got most BP's now.

Sidenote: What do you guys think of Temple of Relics, worth it?

LadyHecate

Major-General
I guess that can be easily solved by joining a higher level guild,
You'd be surprised how many high end players will accept Friends' requests from lower Age players as long as they have space for more Friends and also you have the top end table cloth in your Tavern.
Sidenote: What do you guys think of Temple of Relics, worth it?
Absolutely, as long as you attempt GE every week. It'll pay for itself with FP rewards and the other rewards help too.

I have several top-end players. I stay active on aiding and tavern visiting and have a top tablecloth with a tavern that rarely fills.

Talking of which, it seems to me that too few people below the top players care how often your tavern is full: a mistake imho.

LadyHecate

Major-General
If your Tavern rarely fills then you've got the wrong Friends! I regularly weed my Friends list; at least once per month if not every other week. The Friends filter on the Event History helps here. If a Friend doesn't appear in the event history, and hasn't amended their Profile to state they're away on holiday, then they get kicked. Consequently, I'm emptying my Tavern after filling to 16 several times a day.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Unfortunately, it's been a long time since I've been able to invite anyone! I'm normally floating in the 120-130 Friends bracket.

DeletedUser110195

I'm going for Dynamic Tower first. I'll see how viable that is, as a way to get Arc goods.
Getting the goods for anything through DT is the way to go, polivate buildings of the era of the thing you want so while you're getting the blueprint together, you're getting the goods.

I was just impatient, since I mostly had the Arc blueprint done when I got DT built. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.