• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We need better neighbourhood merge

DeletedUser4333

okay for one i have 75 people in my neigbourhood and its getting anoying because i have 53,000 points and im 30th so yhay me because 1-15 have over 100,000 points just take a guss how manny times i get plundered on the up sied thought i get to plunder people with -5,000 but i isnt fair i think the team should make the niegbour hoods a bit more even

DeletedUser15501

I play on german server, too. And I can tell u, there is no difference to the EN-server (and sure to all other languages), except updates here come some days earlier.

I can definitely say this is not true. My housemate plays on the German server in Siegard (sp?) and inactives get filtered out and he is getting new neighbours weekly. My neighbourhood is still exactly the same as it was when I started, with half of them still sitting below 100 points. He only has two neighbours left with less than 100 points, and we both started at pretty much the same time a few weeks ago.

DeletedUser

My neighbourhood is still exactly the same as it was when I started, with half of them still sitting below 100 points. He only has two neighbours left with less than 100 points

There are no differences in the way neighborhoods work between the different language servers. The German server doesn't filter out inactive players any more than ours does. Inactive players in the early Ages of the game are hidden from your neighborhood view after two days. If a player with 100 points is still showing, he's logging in at least once every couple days.

DeletedUser15501

There are no differences in the way neighborhoods work between the different language servers. The German server doesn't filter out inactive players any more than ours does. Inactive players in the early Ages of the game are hidden from your neighborhood view after two days. If a player with 100 points is still showing, he's logging in at least once every couple days.

Well something was bugged then because it's extremely unlikely 40 players would sit at 80 points for weeks and keep logging in doing absolutely nothing. But anyway it seems that the problem has been fixed, yesterday I still had 80 (!) neighbours with 40 sitting at 80-100 points and now I have 72 neighbors with only 1 person left at 100 pts and the rest all at 250+. This is how it should be, thanks to whoever had a look into this. :)

DeletedUser

Well something was bugged then because it's extremely unlikely 40 players would sit at 80 points for weeks and keep logging in doing absolutely nothing.
Unless *puts on his tin foil hat* it is a clever long term scheme used by devious minds, who set up two accounts at the same time(likely in the same hood) one primary and the other so that they can use their extra accounts to donate FP or during events like the easter egg hunt :rolleyes:

---

Anyway, I skimmed over few posts and most of them are complaining about the current situation, was/is there any suggestion on how to fix it?

DeletedUser

perhaps, when the city points get reclac'ed (and not just edited to suit), the issue of low 'hoods, may also get looked at, so to 'balance' the at present totally flawed points and ranking system

DeletedUser

"We" are under 40 in our eighbourhood. It is shrinking rapidy and there are not enough trade goods. We will suffocate soon and this neighbourhood will die. How about a fix eh?

DeletedUser

"We" are under 40 in our eighbourhood. It is shrinking rapidy and there are not enough trade goods. We will suffocate soon and this neighbourhood will die. How about a fix eh?

You should be merged with another neighborhood soon. Remember that for every person complaining about their neighborhood being at 46 (for example), there needs to be another neighborhood at 34 (for this example), before there can be a merge. The average merge happening at 40 players.

DeletedUser

@ Taeriyn. Much of this game is to do with skill, effort and perhaps the addition of hard earned cash, Why then is it also sooo biased against those with small 'hoods. There are two 'ranking' list, both of which can be heavily altered due to 'battle points'. How though, can someone in a 'hood of 40-50, (potentially) EVER compete with those of 60+. In this game, as the saying goes 'points make prizes'. But if you have no way of collecting those points, vs those in large 'hoods, how can we compete evenly?? I would also point out the disproportionate difficulties of trade and polish/motivate. It is all well and good, age after new age being developed, but why has such a fundamental flaw not been addressed?? (and yes there is some effort made @ 40 members, but this is a quick half-hearted attempt to gloss over a problem, that leaves the ranking system corrupt and prejudice)

DeletedUser

@ Taeriyn. Much of this game is to do with skill, effort and perhaps the addition of hard earned cash, Why then is it also sooo biased against those with small 'hoods. There are two 'ranking' list, both of which can be heavily altered due to 'battle points'. How though, can someone in a 'hood of 40-50, (potentially) EVER compete with those of 60+. In this game, as the saying goes 'points make prizes'. But if you have no way of collecting those points, vs those in large 'hoods, how can we compete evenly?? I would also point out the disproportionate difficulties of trade and polish/motivate. It is all well and good, age after new age being developed, but why has such a fundamental flaw not been addressed?? (and yes there is some effort made @ 40 members, but this is a quick half-hearted attempt to gloss over a problem, that leaves the ranking system corrupt and prejudice)

I agree that it can be unfortunate to be stuck in a smaller neighborhood for long periods of time. My own neighborhood stayed at 41 for what seems like 6 weeks or longer, until we finally got a merge this weekend (hurrah!). Unfortunately I have no say in why things are the way they are-- I can only explain the mechanics of the current system.

If you have an idea for a suggestion that would be better than the current system, we have a section of the forum here for such. Other than that, I can assure you that feedback here gets read and considered, and many improvements to the game have come from suggestions or discussions right here on the forums.

DeletedUser

On the other hand, not everyone wants a large neighborhood. Think of the people with less time to play each day. They likely want a smaller neighborhood as they haven't the time to fight 79 neighbors each day to compete for the tower. Any changes that benefit the game should keep those people happy too. (Yes I am one of those sometimes.)

DeletedUser

On the other hand, not everyone wants a large neighborhood. Think of the people with less time to play each day. They likely want a smaller neighborhood as they haven't the time to fight 79 neighbors each day to compete for the tower. Any changes that benefit the game should keep those people happy too. (Yes I am one of those sometimes.)
So am I(one of those sometimes), still in this case there is no place for such preferences, the game is designed with such neighborhoods in-mind and what makes those people happy is the merge mechanics not working as intended i.e. if anything than this is a bug not a feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the thing though, If you wanted to/could make the time to do the whole 'hood, your potential battle points would always outstrip those in small 'hoods, due to sheer volume. The fact that you don't/cant is your CHOICE. I am in a small 'hood. I DO NOT have a CHOICE. Without that choice and same opportunity, the points and Rankings are flawed and corrupt. We are all equal? only some are more equal than others...

DeletedUser

There has been much debate over the recent point changes in the next update. I would point out that these are minor compared with the present injustice in the 'hoods, via battle points. Please add your comments/thoughts ( though please do nothing to infringe forum rules, and hence get you post removed, or this thread closed)

be gud.

DeletedUser11899

The fact that you don't/cant is your CHOICE. I am in a small 'hood. I DO NOT have a CHOICE.

Totally agree.

Saddens me to see update after update things continue and will continue to be equal in this aspect.
I know that it is not easy task improve this system of reorganization/merging of players and neighborhoods because it might imply a major reprogramming and technical effort.
Maybe the problem is that programmers and analysts do not see this as a problem.
Perhaps those affected are actually a very small minority and for that reason they don't take it into consideration.
Its my opinion.

DeletedUser15290

I think an easier solution would be to start separating diamond and non-diamond players. It seems like most diamond players have a ton of GB's and average non-diamond players have no way to defend against them. I'm in the Industrial age with Industrial age units defending my city. I have 9 of the +4 defense towers also but I can't even kill one of their units. How am I supposed to defend against players with +105% attack and defense? The latest neighborhood shuffle dropped a ton of these types in my hood so I'll never be able to win a tower, which I used to do. I'll eventually get plundered all the time no matter what I do unless I buy a bunch of diamonds. Shuffling players around this way would also fix the activity problem. Diamond players tend to be more active than non-diamond players so they would have to fight a lot more and they would have to use tactics over GB abilities.

DeletedUser12183

I think an easier solution would be to start separating diamond and non-diamond players. It seems like most diamond players have a ton of GB's and average non-diamond players have no way to defend against them. I'm in the Industrial age with Industrial age units defending my city. I have 9 of the +4 defense towers also but I can't even kill one of their units. How am I supposed to defend against players with +105% attack and defense? The latest neighborhood shuffle dropped a ton of these types in my hood so I'll never be able to win a tower, which I used to do. I'll eventually get plundered all the time no matter what I do unless I buy a bunch of diamonds. Shuffling players around this way would also fix the activity problem. Diamond players tend to be more active than non-diamond players so they would have to fight a lot more and they would have to use tactics over GB abilities.

I have a +124% defence bonus with InA units and still get attacked and defeated. I also have a +110% attack/defence bonus when attacking and there's still little that can defeat my attacking units. Swings and roundabouts. Nothing is completely defensible.

DeletedUser

Not all players with all GB's are diamond players. I have all GB's except one CA, and 2 IA GB's, and I haven't spend a diamond on blue prints.