• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We need better neighbourhood merge

DeletedUser6968

For 2 weeks now we have a hood of 57 players with no new players arriving. We range from over 100 k to 1 k. A major shuffle would be appreciated. But like every Inno game I played you will have the very active players, the active players and the less active players. It's kind of hard, I suppose, to get a balance hood each week.

DeletedUser9252

Yeah, there was no shuffling last monday because I didn't see the popup. My neighbors used to be 73. Now it's dwindling down to 45 with 10 players under 5000 points. So basically excluding friends, guild members and 2spearmen defense, I've got about 20 neighbors to attack for the PvP towers.

DeletedUser

Hi folks I was reading the posts and an idea hit me. Most complaints are that in a neighborhood theres players from a hundrend pts. to 100.000 . Why not tier players in neighborhoods of similar rank from top to bottom on a server . And reshuffle every monday according to last weeks progress .

DeletedUser

Hi folks I was reading the posts and an idea hit me. Most complaints are that in a neighborhood theres players from a hundrend pts. to 100.000 . Why not tier players in neighborhoods of similar rank from top to bottom on a server . And reshuffle every monday according to last weeks progress .

i did suggest that in another thread, an upside to that would be everyone can get plundered because most neighbors will then have roughly the same age armies (or near enough) if you know what i mean.

DeletedUser9759

I may be confused but i though that is what happens.

DeletedUser7719

That's what we need! Neighborhoods should be reshuffled rather than kept for eternity (until merged)

DeletedUser

I hate the neighborhoods. I dream of the day of a world wide neighborhood.

DeletedUser7767

Sooo...what is currently the minimum number within a neighbourhood; on en6 mine is currently down to 38 and half of them have 2 spear defence; hardly riveting stuff.

DeletedUser

Sooo...what is currently the minimum number within a neighbourhood; on en6 mine is currently down to 38 and half of them have 2 spear defence; hardly riveting stuff.

One person... although that's unlikely to happen.

When you get down to 40 or below then a merge is likely (if there is another similar neighbourhood to merge with - if there isn't then you might be stuck for a while).

DeletedUser15501

This is bologne, a friend of mine plays on a German world and his neighbourhood gets reshuffled all the time. How difficult can it be to filter out the inactives and group players more according to ranking points and activity? It gets really really boring if you're basically the only one who likes a bit of competition in your neighbourhood...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

Thats because a bunch of players figure they get bored with one world or set cross world attempts to push accounts and create accounts on all the servers. This in turn adds inactives to the neighborhood rosters and as such you get a bunch of 2 spear defense as well as non growing members. Then when they get what they want in the trades they abandon their accounts.

This is more obvious since I have been doing push account searches and busting a bunch of people at it and blocking their accounts. They eventually get removed. Maybe the German servers you idolize dont do that.

The problem at this time Mizar isnt how the system operates but players trying to get around the system.

Play on 1 or 2 worlds max, if people stuck to this then things would work oh so much better. But no.... they are greedy and think they are more important to the whole :)

Welcome to the internet. Making nerds a pain in the butt since 1965

DeletedUser6965

This is bologne, a friend of mine plays on a German world and his neighbourhood gets reshuffled all the time. How difficult can it be to filter out the inactives and group players more according to ranking points and activity? It gets really really boring if you're basically the only one who likes a bit of competition in your neighbourhood...

I play on german server, too. And I can tell u, there is no difference to the EN-server (and sure to all other languages), except updates here come some days earlier.

Of course the push-"Accounts" are a problem. But don't do the mistake and think, they are the only reason for bad neighbourhoods. Because we all know this problem is here since... ever, so even before there were GBs.

So it's a fact, that we need a better system to merge neighbourhoods. But it's really really difficult to create a better one. All ideas about that I read, are not good enough... so if anyone have a perfect idea, plz share with us ;) (but I don't think a perfect idea exists)

DeletedUser3157

I remember once suggesting semi-fix ideas like defecting option(limited only once per month or smth very rare) into another random naberhood that fits your parameters, doing something called "the great reshuffle" like every 3 or 6 months or whatever when everything gets played over hood wise and everyone gets new nabers, and a way of getting similar effect while keeping hoods more intact by manner of just splitting some naberhoods that have grown way too apart.

Personally I think the "great re-shuffle" might be most realistic of those, I'm sure after months if not years, most player would welcome a change and new scenery. If it would be known concept that hoods last just for very long time instead of forever, I think players would get used to it quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Something needs to be done though. Once your neighbourhood start to shrink then it becomes boring especially for those of us who enjoy this game mostly for the PvP.
One more thing the devs can take in consideration is the offensive GBs which drastically reduce the fighting time. You can easily make neighbourhoods of 200 players and spend fighting them the same amount of time you did prior to GBs in 80s neighbourhoods.
The guild wars might save the day but who knows when it will be implemented...

DeletedUser14782

People get deleted for inactivity, and then there is some need for merging.

Still though, My neighbourhoods best player had about 50k points, and then the merge came, and "POOF!", a 88k player is no 1.

DeletedUser7719

Why not just a reshuffle every week? And it could also be matching the age you are currently in... (the only problem would be the "Current Champion" on the PvP tower :p)

DeletedUser7913

is it possible to have different neighbors every week, as it will lead to uncertainty of defense of different players and will make game more interesting, especially for those who have finished tech tree.

DeletedUser11899

I play on german server, too. And I can tell u, there is no difference to the EN-server (and sure to all other languages), except updates here come some days earlier.

Of course the push-"Accounts" are a problem. But don't do the mistake and think, they are the only reason for bad neighbourhoods. Because we all know this problem is here since... ever, so even before there were GBs.

So it's a fact, that we need a better system to merge neighbourhoods. But it's really really difficult to create a better one. All ideas about that I read, are not good enough... so if anyone have a perfect idea, plz share with us ;) (but I don't think a perfect idea exists)

Yes, push-accounts has incremented 'dummy players' in all worlds, but poor neighbouthoods or wrong balanced, always existed since I began to play this game, six months ago and before GB's came.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?13439-Are-there-not-enough-to-go-around-these-days

DeletedUser

The state of the neighbourhoods is a JOKE. Also the 'rankings' is a complete farce. How can people compete on a 'level playing field', if in fact it is not level, but completely stacked in the favour of those with large neighbourhoods. If the rankings are to mean ANYTHING, remove the battle points from it, as it is at present corrupt and invalid.