• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We need better neighbourhood merge

DeletedUser

I just realized that larger neighborhoods benefit diamond users to the detriment of non diamond users. Let me explain: In my neighborhood there is a diamond user who goes through the whole neighborhood quickly because he can heal/replace units instantly. He can do 80 members in an hour. As a non-diamond user I have to wait for units to heal or be replaced (I have the max numberf of barracks that space, pop and happiness will permit). It means I can keep up with him when there are 60 or fewer players in the 'hood but cannot when there are 80. Thus I suggest that not everyone will like 'better' neighborhoods. I do admit that the vocal minority of diamond using warmongers would love larger 'hoods.

DeletedUser

He can do 80 members in an hour.

Then they are probably auto-battling and taking a lot more damage. So if you both complete the same number of battles then it's possible that (all other things being equal - which the probably aren't) the you would get more points battling manually.

50 players takes me 2 to 3 hours and that is manually battling until the battle gets to a point where there is no chance of taking any more damage when I'll use auto-battle to finish. If I use auto-battle from the start then I'd not get half way through the neighbourhood.

Anyway - I don't see a downside to having players who are willing to spend money on the game - you benefit from increased development that their money has funded; they benefit from enjoying the game; and InnoGames gets a revenue stream.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
He can do 80 members in an hour.

I don't use diamonds, especially not to heal units - that would cost a fortune in no time!

It takes me about an hour and a half to get through 70 odd battles - all but a few on autopilot. I have 18 military buildings which is just about enough to complete the hood (I usually do it in 2 batches to allow healing time). I'm helped by having a strong guild which has built up my GBs for me so I have great att/def in my army.

Martynius is right - I have more battles, but get fewer points than if I'd done them all manually. Also, he hits the nail on the head when it comes to big spenders - they pay for the game, and the rest of us benefit. I get hit by a couple of big diamond players in my hood, and I have no problem with it at all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@Gross
I think it is extremely unrealistic to assume many people are healing all their units every single day with diamonds. That actually seems kind of ludicrous. How do you know this is what he does and that it only takes him an hour? I would think the only way you could know is if he told you, but how many other people do you think would actually do this? Larger neighborhoods don't help diamond players any more than they help everyone (which is a lot). As others have pointed out, he is only benefiting in time spent, but he is definitely not helping himself in points.

DeletedUser

How do you know this is what he does and that it only takes him an hour? I would think the only way you could know is if he told you, but how many other people do you think would actually do this?

He is my competition so I watch his tower score to see when it moves and how much. I know how many points are available in the neighborhood and I have seen him gain that many battles and that many points in one hour. That is how I know 'what' he is doing. I admit I do not know 'how' he does it. The player who is second in the neighborhood told me that he (that second player) competes with the number one by using diamonds to heal and replace and only does it once in a while because it is expensive. Thus I 'assumed' that the number one player is also doing this. But another explanation is that the number one has such a high attack boost that he can zip through the neighborhood on autopilot in an hour (without significant casualties).

The end result is still a large advantage to diamond players when the 'hood gets over 60. At least that is my observation and theory.

Edit: looking at replies to my observations and theories I see a member who says: "back to the diamond arguments." Well lets not disturb the ones who pay the bills here. Forget I said anything. I see noooooothing. I hear nooooothing. I know noooooothing. Just call me Shultz.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

i have a player that battles on auto he does 70 odd fights in less than an hour, it takes me over 2 hours but i have loads of troops to replace and i win the tower with a score of over 2,300k, its a long drawn out process but he uses diamonds to heal i dont so i win and he doesnt get an advanatge in that way otherwise he would win : )

DeletedUser8813

I just realized that larger neighborhoods benefit diamond users to the detriment of non diamond users. Let me explain: In my neighborhood there is a diamond user who goes through the whole neighborhood quickly because he can heal/replace units instantly. He can do 80 members in an hour. As a non-diamond user I have to wait for units to heal or be replaced (I have the max numberf of barracks that space, pop and happiness will permit). It means I can keep up with him when there are 60 or fewer players in the 'hood but cannot when there are 80. Thus I suggest that not everyone will like 'better' neighborhoods. I do admit that the vocal minority of diamond using warmongers would love larger 'hoods.

back to the diamond arguments..i am a diamond user,i do not auto heal troops with diamonds this would as some have said be so costly in real money it would be ridiculous.
the odd one yes probably.but i have never healed troops with diamonds
i battle all 74 in my hood manually and it takes me a bit over an hour to do this.
I have 17 military buildings which is more than enough to swap out the sick and injured as i go
i think even the non diamond users would like bigger hoods the pvp player s will ,even if they break the battles up into 3 runs,farmers would i think also like bigger hoods to motivate and polish ,so they collect the max more times.
just my 2 cents

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
War Mongers

Yes, I admit it. I am in Thors Hammers, so by definition I am a warmonger. Why isn't everybody?

By not taking part in battles, players are missing out on a large part of the game. Would you play rugby but not attempt to score tries?

You don't need to spend diamonds to be successful; like others have said, just design your town to balance resource collection and military building. I play a large city in Dinegu and a tiny one in Fel-D, and I battle in both. Sure I get attacked, but it's not too hard to make sure I collect goods before they're plundered - my attackers usually go away with nothing. In a large hood, even my weak town can win a few battles. If I can't maximise my battle points in my weak town, I can certainly do lots to minimise them. If I didn't get attacked, that would take away another element of the game. I say bring it on, and plunder me if you can.

As the most challenging part of the game I really cannot understand why players don't join in with battles. The battles I play manually are great fun because of the strategic planning needed to maximise points. I'd do them all on manual if I had time.

Most of all I don't understand the animosity shown towards players who like to play all elements of this game. "I hate you because you choose to play all the game, instead of just the bits I like" - Uh?

C'mon people, give battles a try. Weak or strong, you might find you enjoy them!

DeletedUser11939

I have no problem with the battles themselves. What is a problem though is when your neighborhood consists of so many players that are soooo incredibly higher than you, that you have no chance of ever catching up or beating them in battle. These players seem to organize and tell each other when one them finds goodies to plunder and your village becomes a free for all. I have a real life that I totally enjoy also, I cannot set an alarm clock at my collection time (even when I have, if I am few minutes late, someone always finds a way to plunder something I really needed).

this said, in my neighborhood I just went from 17th to 44th. The top player is almost 100x what I am, how can I even begin to try to play without losing everything? I thought balance was a keyword in the description of the "new neighborhoods". I see no balance at all and if it does not change, I will have no choice but to discontinue playing. I could battle all day and have little chance of winning with more than half the neighbors and absolutely no chance of ever considerably changing this.

Would just like to know where the "balance" is? And what the description of "balance" is?

DeletedUser68641

I just want a hood that's more than 40 in it, keeps going down each week, getting to be a pain now.