• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We need better neighbourhood merge

DeletedUser

Not sure why people are defending the merge system here, it's obviously not working as they intended. My neighborhood on Arvhall has 117 people right now btw, and we've been up over 140. Points range from 65k to 99, and it's a ton of fun. There's no reason anybody should be stuck in a tiny neighborhood like that, they need to get that worked out asap. Yeah the guilds take care of the trading problems, but still it must be boooring having only a handful of people to play against...Anything less than 50 people is unacceptable imo.

DeletedUser

I think you have to consider the Purge Inactives and the Merge as a single process. My neighbourhood has been purged (again) but not merged, and we are now down to just eleven of us. Inactives were a source of battle points for us medal junkies (hmm, an adict in less than a week) and they have been removed and nothing has replaced them. Inactives should only be removed during the merge process and only if the neighbourhood can be merged (the inactives would play no part in the points calculation for the merge).

DeletedUser

Not sure why people are defending the merge system here, it's obviously not working as they intended. My neighborhood on Arvhall has 117 people right now btw, and we've been up over 140. Points range from 65k to 99, and it's a ton of fun. There's no reason anybody should be stuck in a tiny neighborhood like that, they need to get that worked out asap. Yeah the guilds take care of the trading problems, but still it must be boooring having only a handful of people to play against...Anything less than 50 people is unacceptable imo.

OMG!!! 140 people! Heaven on Earth! ... well internet :D

DeletedUser1946

I have 55 people in my neighborhood. I attack and plunder all of them everyday but I'm still hungry for more neighbors.
And my neighbors are too chicken to attack me anyway. :D

DeletedUser

I think that this post has served its purpose, since Wallachian's neighborhood now has 77 people in it. And tons of nice armies to attack.

DeletedUser3157

I think that this post has served its purpose, since Wallachian's neighborhood now has 77 people in it. And tons of nice armies to attack.

Not really. My naberhood in en05 has 48 people. I attack all my nabers every or almost every day and I keep falling behind in total attacks in charts. Players I used to have an equal number of attacks with are now ahead of me by nearly 200 attacks. So yeah I got tad of a disadvatage there, just gotta hope for a better merge finally coming or their sizes dropping too(I msged them, they said they have about 65'ish naberhoods).

DeletedUser

Not really. My naberhood in en05 has 48 people. I attack all my nabers every or almost every day and I keep falling behind in total attacks in charts. Players I used to have an equal number of attacks with are now ahead of me by nearly 200 attacks. So yeah I got tad of a disadvatage there, just gotta hope for a better merge finally coming or their sizes dropping too(I msged them, they said they have about 65'ish naberhoods).

This had happened to me too, along with Wallachian. The problem must lie in the fact that there are no neighborhoods within the described parameters small enough to be combined. Let me put it this way- the neighborhood where the guys in the top ten are have an average score which exceeds those of other neighborhoods by more than 20%. The neighborhoods which are fairly new, are going to have scores less than 20% than yours.

These incompatible neighborhoods are not so good, since they would make it too hard for the newer players to keep any goods from being plundered. So in these cases the neighborhoods are not eligible for merging.

By the way, every neighborhood that has existed for a long period of time is the product of several merges, not just the one. So it is not like we are waiting around for a single merge to solve our pvp woes. Don't you get tired of attacking those two spearmen? But since the neighborhoods are refreshed from time to time, the competition gets heavier and heavier. From my original neighborhood of 80, I see max one person there. So the neighborhood I am in now is probably the combination of 7, 8, even 16 neighborhoods. So I could imagine that if your neighborhood has 48, then there are also a bunch of other neighborhoods which had combined to make numbers 40+, which will not be combined according to the rules. I had been in a neighborhood of less than 40 for a while, now it is up to 77.

So the thing is that the neighborhoods change over the weeks. Once the game winds to where there are people finishing up LMA, you will probably have only the serious people there, the ones who really stick with it, with huge armies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

I'm bumping this thread because naberhood merges/system still works very poorly. Soon after I made my last post in this thread, I did get 1 merge which filled the hood up near to 80 again and it was great while it lasted, but that number dropped near 60 smth very very quickly(like in about a week or so). And now it has been around 55-60 for about a month. Most people seem to be logging maybe few times per week(only way I could possibly explain why they advancing so slowly) and have since fallen multiple ages behind from where they should be with proper playing(near the end of LMA, but most are in EMA, some even still in IA). But appearently they are logging on and growing pts just barely enough so they won't get listed as inactives. At times few do dissapear, but I instead I've seen us getting new players as replacements(who all always go inactive right away). And out of the few people who do appear to be playing to some degree, most of them happen to be my guild-mates (I somehow landed smth like 5 guild mates to my hood with my last merge 6 weeks ago). Overall it is just a really awful naberhood and the few people in it who wish to play are STUCK in it without nothing they can do.

I know devs are fixiated on keeping excisting naberhoods intact, but I disagree. Some older naberhoods obviously have grown so much apart that they should be split up based on player advancement and/or activity levels and merged together to create more even naberhoods, otherwise this stuff just don't work because players have too different playing habbits. I know mathematicly with 80 random people it should work out rather even all around the block, but if you get stuck in below average overall activity naberhood as an active player yourself, how are you supposed to climb out of that hole?

DeletedUser

I think the system is working as intended, but I must agree with hint on the second part of the post.
It might take too much resources, coding and time.. but they should really find a way to break neighbourhoods apart.

Something like: If Pointgain (over the week) is less than ####, then move player(s) to new neighbourhood (which again would be viable for merge with multiple other low activity neighbourhoods).

This would split low activity players to neighbourhoods of their own progression, and clears some frustration from both parties in the same neighbourhood (high rank & low rank).
It would also make the neighbourhood smaller for high ranking players in it, which again makes it more likely to be merged with other high ranking 'hoods.

- L

DeletedUser

I'll admit I haven't read all the posts within this thread, but couldn't there be an option implemented to have players choose their playing style within the 'settings menu' and have them merged into an appropriate neighbourhood the next week? There could be a limit of allowing to change this only once a month or something to avoid any possible abuse. Just a suggestion though. :)

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

I must agree that the merging system does create some problems and unfairness in both ability to trade and compete for top ranking, even if I am not affected by it. Maybe every now and then all neighbourhoods should be broken apart and new ones created? Although it would be kind of sad to lose my dear neighbours :P

Or splitting the neighbourhoods so that the ranking point differences can't get too large.. I don't know. But it is something I would definitely work on personally :)

DeletedUser17

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this thread on to the appropriate channels.

DeletedUser

Jester, I am not sure if others would share my view but personally I think neighbourhoods of around 100 or even over would be fantastic. Although this may be a more civilisation-type game, I'm sure a lot of players would love the increased competition and ability to farm. So when there is nothing else to do in the game we can all attack our neighbourhoods.

Bigger is better in my opinion. You would feel more victorious and it would also promote better battle capabilities (until we are able to attack anyone on the entire rank list - if this would ever happen).

DeletedUser3157

I'd personally rather support a decreased number of people one could attack per day. Like leave naberhoods as they are or even increase them to 200 for all I care, but limit the number of people you can attack per day. Like let's say to 25. Would make the game a) less repeative since most fights right now are walkovers and mandatory just to stay ranked, b) more challengining since if you want to be the best and gain most points, you better pick the toughest fights and c) lowers the importance of having a huge naberhood for guys fighting for ranking points.
Although even then it would be a temp fix since naberhood average advancement level would still make a difference, it would be better than what we have right now. But last time I raised a smililar suggestion I nearly got buried alive but some PvPers claiming how they absolutlely love having a ton of boring walkover battles every day and without them they would be bored and quit, so idk.

DeletedUser

In my opinion neighbours are good and there is not much that can be changed. There is no way to predict who will stay active and who won‘t. We should just be patient and think about The blue Monday as ond of the most important days in this game which is good to have. My neighbours are good ( <3 ) and I hope that we‘ll stay together.

Btw, mobile version of forums is hard to use e.e

DeletedUser9252

I think the reason new players are abandoning the game altogether are due to plundering from more advanced players and they came to the conclusion that there is nothing for them to do to stop it. When I started this game, I got raged and mad because players were plundering my goods. Luckily it was only 1 or 2 individuals that did this and they are not much above me in points. Imagine in a large, active neighbors and you get plunder 10 to 15 times a day and you can't do anything about it?
I would quit the game as I think most people would too. I hope the developers would consider no looting for Bronze and Iron age, as this is when new players start out, and let them get a feel for the game before getting frustrated! Once you've reach EMA than its gloves off since now you're pretty much into the game if you got this far.

DeletedUser7719

Even though there would be many guildies involved in my idea: Why did we never use first 80 people in world rank: one neighborhood, second 80: next neighborhood, and so on? (Just get rid of inactives)

DeletedUser9252

Good point.... but the top 80 would rise in rank faster than the others due to better defense of their city.
Another option I would suggest is for players can only loot neighbors in their own age. They can fight anybody in the neighborhood they want. This makes it a fairer fight assuming that the same age neighbor has similar military units.