• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming spoilers for the game... click only if wanting future updates spoiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10731

I'm confused, will the Zeppelin be a military unit or a cultural building? :confused: I'm not sure, but didn't they use Zeppelins in warfare aswell, wasn't Zeppelins the first "aerial" units in history, or? :confused:

I think it will be a premium cultural building ;)

DeletedUser6065

I think it will be a premium cultural building ;)
I continue to hold hope it will be a regular cultural edifice. Reason: Premium goodies are not displayed in the tech tree. They only show up when you unlock the 'secret square'. We were shown this in all its glory, so I'm going (hoping) for a regular type (gold/resources/production) type building. If this is so, sorta makes you wonder exactly what the premium goodies will be (besides expensive, of course). . . . . . mk

DeletedUser

Noone that hopes that it will be a military building?

I was hoping for:

Zeppelin (Fast Unit)
Special preference: Aerial Unit.

Aerial Unit = Immune to melee attacks. Only ranged attacks can damage this unit.

DeletedUser

Hope that PA is any good..Out in a week and not even in zz yet. Man if any u devs reading this, u need to hook me up with whatever it is u really using for testing stuff nowadays, get it balanced without any loopholes this time.

Since it didn't even go to zz on the 17th the 24th is looking very unlikely for international servers.

DeletedUser6065

I was hoping for:

Zeppelin (Fast Unit)
Special preference: Aerial Unit.

Aerial Unit = Immune to melee attacks. Only ranged attacks can damage this unit.
Interesting. Then the combat units would be:
Zeppelin
Ranged Anti-Aircraft Weapon
Infantry
Tank? (from Birthday Event Artwork).
Some sort of a howitzer type weapon for use against tank and infantry ? (bonus for one, not the other) . . . . mk

DeletedUser

Interesting. Then the combat units would be:
Zeppelin
Ranged Anti-Aircraft Weapon
Infantry
Tank? (from Birthday Event Artwork).
Some sort of a howitzer type weapon for use against tank and infantry ? (bonus for one, not the other) . . . . mk

You forgot the sniper (as said in the blog) ;)

I was thinking something like this:

Light: Rifleman
Heavy: Tank
Fast: Zeppelin
Ranged: Sniper
Artillery: Longranged Howitzer

Haha thats just my guess, I might be way off ;)

EDIT:

Oh I almost forgot to say, PLEASE make the tanks proper! I'll jump out from a window if spears, swords and ordinary bullets can damage a tank. My suggestion:

Tank (Heavy)
Special preference: Thick Armor

Thick Armor = Can only be damaged by armor piercing rounds or explosive ammunition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have searched all over and cannot find where to make suggestions.
A suggestion from one of my guild is to enable trading of Blue Prints, this could be made a tough process by costing 10 (or more) FPs per trade or diamonds
and only same age trade. I know there was some talk of doing something with excess BPs but nothing seems to be afoot.

DeletedUser

I have searched all over and cannot find where to make suggestions.

The page to begin your search is on the forum main page, HERE

You will see a section for Questions, (where your question should have been posted. Do not hijack this thread further by asking more questions in this thread.)

You will see a section for Game Discussions - click - Feedback if you just want to explain how you feel about something.

You will see a section for Ideas but be sure to read the must read sticky. Your idea has been suggested many times and so is not a candidate for a new idea. If you scroll through the ideas already mentioned you should be able to find a similar idea. Or use the search function.

DeletedUser

lol have anyone noticed the "Ford" logo on the garage, replaced with the "Forge" written? :D

Or the name of the airport the Zeppelin is moored at? :D (Spotted that off the line drawing artwork awarded during the Birthday Event, glad it looks like they are keeping it).

Wow, very nicely spotted of both of you! I love those puns :D

Zeppelin (Fast Unit)

Erm... Zeppelins & fast? I'm not so sure about that. Saw one fly by one day and it definitely wasn't fast :p And personally, I hope it will not be military at all ^^

DeletedUser

zepllins are cultural guys.

So are defensive buildings pretty much useless now that buildings are getting bigger? The chance of plundering someone seems nonexistent because everything will be motivated. I don't see too many people building goods buildings at this point either, so that doesn't seem like an option. I guess the defensive buildings might lower their tower points for 1 person in the neighborhood (you), but this is easily made up if you have one more guild member in your hood than they do. The fact that they only boost defense means it will rarely stop them from winning, so it isn't even like you are completely preventing them from getting points.

DeletedUser

how about zepllins let u know the exact enemy defence so u can make a calculated attack and win every battle... don't put it near gas lamps though cos it might explode and demolish all the GB in your city... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

1430 forge points to fullfill the PE,near 60 days at 24 fp's a day :)

which is the name of the new era after this one?

DeletedUser

Here is the list:

Light: Conscription Office - Conscript
Heavy: Tank Factory - Tank
Fast: Armored Car Factory - Armored Car
Ranged: Sniper Camp - Sniper
Artillery: Ordnance Factory - Rapid Fire Cannon

Yeah, I saw that ;) Well I was ~80% correct haha :)

However, do you know the stats of each unit yet? :)

And regards to different skills:

- Rapid Fire Cannon. Does it have some kind of special skill? Rapid Fire Cannon for me sound like a cannon that can fire multiple artillery bursts quickly. May it attack multiple targets in one turn?

- Tank. Does it have some special skill? Please don't say that spears, swords and ordinary bullets may damage it! In that case it's not a tank :p

DeletedUser

I am also interested to learn a little bit more on the special skill of the new units.

iirc 'dig in' was mentioned as the special skill for artillery, which will reduce its damage from long range units. It might be nice if it also offered reaction fire i.e. retaliate against or reduce effectiveness of attacks against adjacent units.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry to say this, but, the Tanks are not Tanks :(

It appears like spears, swords, knifes (rogue), arrows and ordinary bullets can damage it.

To be honest I'm slightly disappointed, I expected the Tanks, as a real Tank would, to be immune to everything except explosive and armor piercing rounds :(

DeletedUser

Perhaps you were expecting late 20th century tanks? To quote wikipedia: "The first tanks were highly mechanically unreliable. There were problems that caused considerable attrition rates during combat deployment and transit."

So it is likely that jamming a spear in the treads of an early tank actually would damage it.

DeletedUser

Indiana Jones took a WW2 tank with a rock man. These aren't even as advanced as that tank

DeletedUser7223

Indiana Jones took a WW2 tank with a rock man. These aren't even as advanced as that tank

Not to forget Tom Hanks took a Tiger out with a Sticky Bomb. "It's in the manual "

DeletedUser

19/20th century tank or not, that thing is in metal and ways tons, I hardly belive that a spear, sword, knife or ordinary bullet would damage it, unless we bring movies into the picture :p We shall not forget that Rambo took down a cropper by driving his tank into it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.