• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming spoilers for the game... click only if wanting future updates spoiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser276

Hey folks

just thought i would introduce a discussion on future updates and keep things in a single thread rather than have people floundering around the forums searching. Though try to read all this thread as I can see it getting long and asking the same questions as has already been asked will just make this thread needlessly longer. Things could change though and some might not be released or might not be released as advertised.

The RED WRITING is new information. When I get new info I remove the red and add it to the new stuff.

Finished Great Buildings Blueprints

Getting tired of getting the same blueprints for great buildings already completed? Well soon you will be able to do 'wonderous' things with them.

Guild Wars

Thats right guild vs guild vs guild vs gu... well you get the idea. Massive battles and the plains will run red in the blood of your neighbors. When this is put in the game will turn into more of a pvp setting but still have that same run on your own to build a sim city that some of you enjoy. Which path will you take.... world domination with your guild or a kingdom on the edge of the world more advanced than any other around you...

With guild battle maps, large groups of players will have to collaborate in order to conquer areas from other guilds and defeat them.

PVP Battles

soon you shall not have to fight a dumb AI. If both players are online the defender will be able to take control of their own troops. Thats right folks... the AI will only be used if your offline.

Repair and Ravage

Very soon we will introduce new social interactions, for example “repair” and “ravage”. With “repair”, a visiting player can repair a plundered building, restoring its full harvest. Using “ravage”, an attacker damages a decorative building. It loses its effect until it is repaired by the owner.

DeletedUser

able to do 'wonderous' things with them.

I knew it! God i wish i had the time to post my idea about the 7 wonders of the world and how i thought they should work. How i hate i can only dedicate so much time to this game this winter.

What can i say, i love this game and i love being party of this community!

DeletedUser

Please try to stay away from these topics.. I will explain why under each one.

Chat System

There will not be a chat system here. Chat systems in-game are server thirsty backdoors. We would need mods for the chatroom, a dedicated server for it blah blah. This alone is just a little bit of work.... however a lot of chats are backdoor access's to the coding and other parts of the game and thats a risk we cannot have here. As such there will not be now nor ever an in-game chat system. Players have the guild forums for slow conversations OR there are tons of online chat programs out there. We even have a player chat on Skype. Use the search function in the top right of the forums to find the thread in regards to it.

Chat system is a Big surprise.

DeletedUser

Its all wonderful. I hope that (along with the museum idea) there will be some incentive in the Industrial Age to preserve (not plunder or attack) ancient cultures. It is one of the virtues civilized people strive for and to include that in a Civ type game seems reasonable.

Of course 'civilized' cultures attack, kill and plunder each other all the time :-)

DeletedUser

I thought there was talk about how much the chat system would eat up and how it was a back door to get into the game etc etc, they must have found a way to get around that?

DeletedUser

I thought there was talk about how much the chat system would eat up and how it was a back door to get into the game etc etc, they must have found a way to get around that?

It was originally a feature that was unlikely to make it in, for the above mentioned reasons. But they have sorted out a way that will make it work.

DeletedUser

Since we're talking about possible spoilers for future updates, I thought I'd see about collecting some of the little nuggets of information that have been scattered throughout different threads in the forums.

Hopefully none of this information is already outdated. I tried not going back further than a couple months, since information can change so quickly. Just remember that even though most of these quotes are straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, plans change all the time.

Quotes within spoiler tags just to make this easier to read.

More possible information regarding the upcoming Guild Wars:
The Guild vs. Guild feature will give the PvP players an outlet for their energies. As it is an optional feature where friendly/PvE players don't have to participate, this will most likely lessen the number of attacks aimed at them.
when that feature comes up I am sure that they wont "force" you to control your defending troops. I am sure that you can select ai control and the battle takes place as it does now. Off your screen and on your enemies.

From what I "think" since I dont know all the exact details is it probably will be that if you dont control your troops it runs as now. No loss of troops or damage but the AI is stupid and you will lose easilly. Or you can choose to defend with your troops and your defending troops will take damage and you could lose troops defending BUT you are smarter than any AI and can defend your troops in a great way.
From this Innogames Blog post:
Innogames Blog said:
PvP will also receive some new, cool features. With live-battles, you can challenge other players on the battlefield, instead of fighting their AI-army. With guild battle maps, large groups of players will have to collaborate in order to conquer areas from other guilds and defeat them.
Note: This blog post was made on July 19th and is thus over six months old and may no longer be applicable.
More possible information regarding the upcoming Industrial Age:
I have mentioned that we should expect it by spring (northern Hem)
I have seen some images from the next age and they look pretty sweet.
On a side note I got wind that we are going to be getting a bunch of new avatars female and male when we get the industrial age.
Innogames Blog said:
One of the main features of the Industrial Age is the completely new campaign. It is set in The New World and includes more than 70 new quests. And the best part is, not only are the quests new, but even the campaign map is untouched. This will be very interesting for players, who have already discovered all provinces of our old map. So be prepared and train your army! Speaking of army – with the upcoming Industrial Age, the weapons technology developed. I’m really excited what weapons are usable in the new era.
Possible information regarding the age after the Industrial Age:
Just FYI: The next age will indeed be the Industrial Age. Our graphics people and programmers are currently working on that, while I'm busy setting the foundations of the Progressive Era, which will bring some more changes to the game.
- There will be additional ages after Industrial, in fact work on the next age after Industrial has already begun. I'm not quite sure myself when to "end" the game, but current plans go to around 2050 (in-game!) and not further than that (as we feel that FoE has a realistic-historic touch to it and anything past that would just be pure SciFi). As I said however, there is no definitive answer yet - we might decide to end at an earlier age or maybe we will get a lot of requests to extend the game even past that point.
Random miscellaneous possible upcoming new features:
Note: Even though I remember once seeing seafaring mentioned in a blog post, I couldn't find it again when I went looking for it.
Seafaring is actually scheduled to be coming out. There was a notice on it in the games blog.
...and they are getting ready for some massive updates that are coming out that will change half the game almost entirely.
Mobile browsers will be updated and sent out once we near or pass the end of the beta run.
Random miscellaneous possible upcoming changes to existing features:
We've had plans for the inventory for a long time now, it's good to see them come into the game now. And rest assured, the inventory will have a role to play in some more upcoming features.
Just a small remark: We are planning to increase the number of units with "skills" (like the stealth skill of the Colonial Age ranger unit)
We plan to go back to Early Middle Ages (in Bronze and Iron, we feel, players are still learning the core mechanics of battle) and start giving units skills from that age on.
The plunder and social action systems will change in the future. We'll have to see when we can fit that in, so I can't give you a more detailed answer yet, but the concept is ready and written in my (virtual) drawer.
We'll revamp the PvP and social system somewhat in the near future, including a major change to the daily bonus of the main building. As part of this we might introduce a PvP action against the main building.
Commenting on a list of reasons for being in a guild:
As things progress there will be major additions to this list as guilds are more used and more stuff is added.
Innogames Blog said:
Another area that will receive changes very soon is multiplayer – cooperative as well as competitive. Very soon we will introduce friend’s lists and new social interactions, for example “repair” and “ravage”. With “repair”, a visiting player can repair a plundered building, restoring its full harvest. Using “ravage”, an attacker damages a decorative building. It loses its effect until it is repaired by the owner.
Note: This blog post was made on July 19th and is thus over six months old and may no longer be applicable.
Pro-tip: Clicking the little arrow icon next to a quoted person's name will take you to the thread/post that the quote came from, if you want to see more context.

EDIT: I almost forgot to include the best quote from Blacksmith that I've found so far! Not taken out of context AT ALL.
I dont know what I talk about and I am a poo poo head and a stupid doodie.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

I'll add a couple of images...
Forge_Industrial_Natural_History_Museum.jpg
Forge_Industrial_Wheelwright.jpg

DeletedUser

omg those screens look awesomeeee
thanks for those quotes Taeriyn

DeletedUser276

the problem with the chat is what was mentioned. We have found a way around it with the chat system we are looking at putting in. It will take time though but it is something we do expect. The backdoor access has been figured out etc how to protect the system :)

DeletedUser7837

can we build the building on the spoiler in the future?

chichen.jpg

DeletedUser14167

Between publication first images of Colonial Age (check blog) and releasing Colonial Age (check forum) passed about 3 long months, so... we can expect the new era at the beginning of May. for me it is later rather than sooner :(

DeletedUser14167

it would be sooner if and only if IG changed marketing strategy ;)
but I understand you cannot write - even if you know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.