• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming spoilers for the game... click only if wanting future updates spoiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4906

The problem with the "road" on even squares only is Pony!

FofE running before it can walk again.

A rush job to stop loads of folk's leaving....:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Another really confusing thing is that they have decided to "scale" the battlefield, but not by sqaures, but by range and distance. So our riflemans who had a range of 8 will just have a range of 6 now, although, it will still say 8 squares in the stats. This is just a massive headache :(
What ?! I don't understand how is that going to work.. When it will apply? For example, how would it work if I put an archer, riflemen and sniper? Also counting squares is the only way to calculate where it is safe from enemy ranged, how it will work with this?!

DeletedUser

What ?! I don't understand how is that going to work.. When it will apply? For example, how would it work if I put an archer, riflemen and sniper? Also counting squares is the only way to calculate where it is safe from enemy ranged, how it will work with this?!

^^This. Yikes. Really not liking this. The roads thing is definitely going to be an issue, but i'm not so mad about it. Just adds to the fun of strategic city planning. But the battlefield and range thing is a mega issue. I'm a very strategic fighter, and the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of on-field battle strategy, to me at least, is knowing where to move my units so that it will allow me either to attack that turn or the next turn, while staying out of enemy range. This is going to be tricky. I hope it's something that we can figure out and calculate accurately once we get used to it. Especially since the AI will still be able to calculate. Hmm...on second though...could make things a little more challenging and fun if the AI is smarter than us at SOMETHING, hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah, I agree the roads thing is really lame and doesn't make any sense. I just saw that they responded and said it was not a bug

DeletedUser

yeah, I agree the roads thing is really lame and doesn't make any sense. I just saw that they responded and said it was not a bug

Why it should be bug? 2 lane autobahn allways have all 2 lanes connected, or on one lane cars suddenly drive in nirvana.

2laneroads8590.png

...... or this happen:

2laneroads5178.png

DeletedUser

If its not released sooner, it will be released later. Better they try to get it right than get it fast.

DeletedUser

Why it should be bug? 2 lane autobahn allways have all 2 lanes connected, or on one lane cars suddenly drive in nirvana.

2laneroads8590.png

Ok, you know that was an extreme example, and to be honest, it just made you look silly. You know that we didn't mean that a 2 lane street should be able to connect by one square, that was not what we (I) was complaining about. You just proposed a dump example...

If you would have looked at the pictures I provided, you'd have known this I did not complain about this:

##
##
##
##
##
##

The thing above should indeed not be possible. However:

This should be possible:

##
##
##
######
######
##

And this should be possible:

##
######
######
##
##
##

And this one should also be possible:

##
####
######
####
##
##

DeletedUser

There's the world of "shoulds", there's also the world of how it is implemented.

DeletedUser

There's the world of "shoulds", there's also the world of how it is implemented.

I don't think it would be too hard to implemet. Currently, 1 piece of 2x2 road checks if 1 adjacent piece of 2x2 road is connected to that road. Therefore, when placing 1 piece "between" 2 other pieces, it only registrates it as the new piece is connected to either the upper or lower piece. What needs to be done is to check globally, and not just for 1 adjacent piece :)

DeletedUser

..... 4 example

# # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # #
- # #
- # #
- # #
- # #

this one not possible because when you remove top left road peace then result is same as what I make manipulated screenshot from in earlier post:

----# # # # # #
----# # # # # #
- # #
- # #
- # #
- # #

DeletedUser

# # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # #
- # #
- # #
- # #
- # #

this one not possible because when you remove top left road peace then result is same as what I make manipulated screenshot from in earlier post:

----# # # # # #
----# # # # # #
- # #
- # #
- # #
- # #

OMG... :eek:

That is exactly what they are going to fix! They should make it possible to build these "uneven" crossroads and they should make it possible to remove a part of that road without messing it up!

I can't seriusly believe that your support the current system where crossroads need to be on "even" squares :mad:

EDIT: This is exactly why they should use 2x1 and 1x2 roads instead of 2x2 roads :)

DeletedUser

...... make it possible to build these "uneven" crossroads and they should make it possible to remove a part of that road without messing it up.....

that is exact the problem: when you remove part of road on uneven field road is messed up and you get funny connection like in my screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.