• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming spoilers for the game... click only if wanting future updates spoiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It mean Mr Smith get angry when he see it. But I not sure if still is same politic now with new boss.

That's not true. Blacksmith doesn't want off-topic discussion about things on the zz-server. And yes, this is the EN forum, so zz-server is off-topic here.

Regarding the original question: zz is a server where we roll out changes first (about a week or two before official release). Be warned that zz is indeed "more BETA than BETA" - we will frequently fiddle around with things there, don't expect changelogs or apologies on zz. :)

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

I'm sure it has been explained in several searchable threads. ZZ is the designation for the "alpha" or "test" server. Even though this is a beta, they have one separate server which is like the miner's canary. They test out new content there to a limited audience who know not to whine about stuff when it breaks or gets pulled with no warning!

Sheesh, that'll teach me to click onto the "last answered" bit on the right instead of into the thread and scroll down to the last entry!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

IThey test out new content there to a limited audience who know not to whine about stuff when it breaks or gets pulled with no warning!
Anyone can make an account on the zz server. On the login screen, it's the last flag that says: "beta.forgeofempires.com"
And I see a lot of people whine, just not in an annoying/angry way ;)

DeletedUser276

That's not true. Blacksmith doesn't want off-topic discussion about things on the zz-server. And yes, this is the EN forum, so zz-server is off-topic here.

Regarding the original question: zz is a server where we roll out changes first (about a week or two before official release). Be warned that zz is indeed "more BETA than BETA" - we will frequently fiddle around with things there, don't expect changelogs or apologies on zz. :)

Regards,

Anwar

I could kiss yah :P

The rule I have in the forum rules (yes its in the forum rules if you read them) about discussing other games is as Anwar says things change over there. What they get can change drastically before it gets here. And most people dont talk about those things nicely so what happens is the players post about spoilers there and rev up the people here. Guys like Anwar bust their humps to correct any issue thats huge before it gets here. Then players here get it and they are reved up already needlessly. Thats why I prefer beta stuff to remain on beta. Same as Other language server stuff stays on their servers. Especially since players have posted policies by cm's on other language servers in this forum and thats not our policy here.

Anyways this thread is about spoilers :P not zz so lets stay on topic please.

DeletedUser

Thats why I prefer beta stuff to remain on beta.

That's true. But it's also a fact that beta stuff will most likely make it to the rest of the servers, and as far as this thread is concerned, it says "upcoming spoilers", so I think that the two are linked.

Then comes the natural question, just because a moderator created a spoiler thread, why shouldn't someone else be allowed to make a similar spoiler thread?

DeletedUser

That's true. But it's also a fact that beta stuff will most likely make it to the rest of the servers, and as far as this thread is concerned, it says "upcoming spoilers", so I think that the two are linked.

Then comes the natural question, just because a moderator created a spoiler thread, why shouldn't someone else be allowed to make a similar spoiler thread?
Because it wasn't a moderator that created it. It was a Co-Community Manager. ;)
It's called Upcoming Spoilers, because if you read the first post, Blacksmith spoilers some upcoming features.
Those are the spoilers to be discussed. As Anwar nicely put as well, zz. discussions are off topic in these forums.
Actually, I think anything that doesn't concern the features in the first post are off-topic in this particular thread. :rolleyes:

- L

DeletedUser

Because it wasn't a moderator that created it. It was a Co-Community Manager. ;)
It's called Upcoming Spoilers, because if you read the first post, Blacksmith spoilers some upcoming features.
Those are the spoilers to be discussed. As Anwar nicely put as well, zz. discussions are off topic in these forums.
Actually, I think anything that doesn't concern the features in the first post are off-topic in this particular thread. :rolleyes:

- L

I don't see the major difference between a Co-Community Manager and a Moderator. They're still representing the game / organisation.

Those spoilers included the industrial age, which also happens to be on the zz. server already. How can you argue that "what is on the zz server should stay on the zz forum" when we're trying to discuss the industrial age.

DeletedUser

Probably more accurate to call it Alpha server, since Alpha testing precedes Beta testing.
Alpha/beta are milestones in the game/service development (alpha is usually denotes internal testing, while beta involves us) in between there are many patches, those are not Alpha/beta patches, just patches. Having a test server where they role out those patches(just like having several worlds) is a precautionary measure used for quality assurance for us, nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6965

[...]
As Anwar nicely put as well, zz. discussions are off topic in these forums. [...]
- L
-->post everything about zz-server information here: Offtopic

=P :D that's the logical conclusion ^^

but of course ur right, there are too many changes between zz and other servers.

DeletedUser276

I don't see the major difference between a Co-Community Manager and a Moderator. They're still representing the game / organisation.

Those spoilers included the industrial age, which also happens to be on the zz. server already. How can you argue that "what is on the zz server should stay on the zz forum" when we're trying to discuss the industrial age.

mmm he didnt explain it exactly well.

The difference between a moderator and a co cm is like asking what is the difference between a secretary and a ceo ;)

Anyways.. Yes Industrial age is in the op thread. Industrial age is out though. And this thread is for "upcoming spoilers" not lets discuss something thats already out. The point of this thread is to post information release from head office on things that are not out yet and as such be the first to get information to the masses on what is to come. When the first post was put out, the industrial age still had not come to zz.

Talking about what is out on zz here in this thread falls outside that scope. I hope this explains the use of this thread a little better.

The reason why is the same as if a player makes a thread and we dont like other players making a similar thread. It has nothing to do with a mod doing it or Co Cm. I really dont want 30 of the same thread all over the forums making a mess of things. Then you get disjointed conversations going on and people jumping from thread to thread discussing the exact same thing. This keeps the forums neat and tidy and pretty so everyone can enjoy them and find what they are looking for fast and easy.

DeletedUser14865

I dont like the eastern buildings, they ruin the game, please dont release them or think about it twice

DeletedUser

No, there is nothing announced yet. I am pretty sure we will get a heads up as soon as there is news. :)

DeletedUser

Looking forward to it. I just had the best-worst blueprint day ever. I was strolling along, polishing and motivating the neighbors, when I came across four shiny blueprints. In a single day! Hilariously enough, 3 of them were the exact same piece, and all of them were for the same GB. The wonderous Hagia Sophia....that I've already built. ;):):confused::(

DeletedUser5136

hopefully the next age all the buildings with be the exact same colour

Status
Not open for further replies.