• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too many bullies

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Well it's obvious that there is a minority here who are intent in wallowing in self pity about this trivial matter, so please have the last word and then perhaps you will be a little happier.

DeletedUser114342

I kinda think that this is a test to see who will continue playing the game and who will give up. I have 2 IA diamond farms which are unplunderable coz I haven’t unlocked pvp. I have to routinely go through my friends list and cull the inactive players as so many give up. I assume that one of the reasons is that they can’t handle being plundered. If people were serious about playing a war game they will understand that plundering is inevitable. Besides they too have an army and can go attack people as well. Maybe not the ones that attack them, but they can attack other players to recooperate their losses.

I’ve only been plundered 3x, and that happened in my first 2 weeks. Only once was I unable to retaliate coz the person moved up an era in the meantime. But from that experience, I learned what to do to minimise being plundered.

I honestly don’t see the point of complaining about a legitimate aspect in the game and call it bullying when there are so many strategies that can be utilised to minimise being plundered.

Agent327

Overlord
I honestly don’t see the point of complaining about a legitimate aspect in the game and call it bullying when there are so many strategies that can be utilised to minimise being plundered.

Who is complaining? There is just the suggestion to put campers with campers. Now even campers can not complain about that. It is their nature to group together.

DeletedUser114342

From my interpretation of the initial post there was a complaint.

As for grouping campers together, I personally don’t like that idea. I like the fact that the hoods are variable as it allows the newer/ more inexperienced players to make contact with those who are more experienced. When I first started I made a number of friends by sending players who were more experienced friends requests which most of them accepted.

This allowed me to not be plundered by them and still have access to their GBs which were often advanced for the age after the change in hoods. Most people are pretty helpful if you reach out to them ☺️

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
One can also avoid plundering altogether by simply building a 'plunder-proof' city...
If most/all of your goods & fp's productions are tied into buildings like SoK/Tribal Square/PoH's/Tholos/etc..., you're 'safe' as those buildings will always have their goods/fp's payouts protected by being polivated.

My last 'hood I had a player who moved up to LMA & then kept attacking my city with their higher age units, for 6 days strait before the 'hood change.
In nearly a full week, I 'lost' 1 stupid fp from my Lv1 Emp's Entrance. Otherwise, I just kept collecting my stuff on time and/or laughed as the only things 'open' for plunder were some blacksmiths w/5min productions and/or a longhouse, due to 95% of my city being covered by polivating protection. :P

DeletedUser114342

My main city is almost plunder proof as well. I don’t have any goods buildings relying on my GBs and special events buildings for the goods.

One major point I forgot to mention earlier on about why I like variable hoods is coz I earn a lot of FPS from those who self level. I recently was camping in LMA and I loved self levelling hoodies who were mainly ranked lower in the hood. These hoodies are the main source of my fp packs.

DeletedUser110131

The oldest topic of them all...

This "problem" isn't growing. The fact is that "camped expert players" mostly stick to GE and GvG. If you aid them and invest in their buildings, they can be an excellent source of BPs, medals and FP packs. They also increase the trade in the neighbourhood. The most common plunderers are people building their city in preparation for advancing to the next era. Learn from them; their cities are indications of what it will take to do well in that next era. Naturally, as always, there are exceptions. Even among campers there are those who never get bored with plundering. There always has been, and there always will be. They're fairly rare, though.

From experience both as plunderer and plundered, mostly the first, but enough of the second:

If you collect in a timely manner, it's fairly limited how much damage plundering can do. Time your production properly, and collect on time. If you have your buildings on a 24 hour production cycle, and collect within 1 hour (or 8 hour and collect within 20 minutes, or 4 and collect within 10), it will take an awful lot of "bullies" to make off with more than 1/4 of your production. In fact, those who haven't either figured out you schedule or are on 24/7 themselves will each have 1/24 chance of getting anything; it'll take 8 of them to make off with 1/4.

Consider that 1/4 really isn't all that much. Remember, it'll only last until you've built up enough strength to fight back.

If you have a problem with very active plunderers, add a goods building. Trip them up a bit by throwing in the occasional 8 or 4 hour cycle. Put up a City Shield once in a while. Frequently switch between different types of defending armies; it'll force them to either fight manually or accept losses.

The fact is that you don't need to be an "expert player" in order to do well; you just have to be a fairly competent strategy player. Don't advance too fast. Build yourself up to a strength where you can survive the next age before you progress to it. Learn the game, and apply the learning fully. This is a game of patience and planning. A month is a blink of the eye. If that's not for you, you won't stick with the game for very long, anyway.

DeletedUser116687

My Guild is really nice to me , and they give advice to me . Don't see what's the prob with bullying:?. I hate to admit it but , it's not what you think!

DeletedUser114342

Also using circular trades. The 3 guilds I belong to have a designated thread for this.

Emberguard

Legend
Collecting GB’s perhaps that works here.
the event would require collect X productions. So anyone who:
have no plunderable buildings in your city and rely on your GB's for everything or almost everything

either:
(a) have production buildings for the express purpose of events
(b) only do quests upto whatever would be doable without production building
(c) don't do event quests at all
(d) count motivated buildings as "non plunderable"? (self aid kits?)

Shad23

Emperor
How will you do the event that way?
well i rarely do events i don't realy have space anyways to place all those special buildings in my city i prefer GB's + thread ain't about events it's about too many bullys
so my way of playing can be an answer for that at explicit condition you don't care for the events

Agent327

Overlord
well i rarely do events i don't realy have space anyways to place all those special buildings in my city i prefer GB's + thread ain't about events it's about too many bullys
so my way of playing can be an answer for that at explicit condition you don't care for the events

So that limits your way of play. It is no solution for players that like to participate in all parts of the game. What you are basically saying is that bullies prevent people from playing the events as well./

Shad23

Emperor
So that limits your way of play. It is no solution for players that like to participate in all parts of the game. What you are basically saying is that bullies prevent people from playing the events as well./
not in my case i never get plundered and realy don't care for the event buildings it's like everything in this game it depends of how you want to play the game

DeletedUser99692

Wait, this topic again?
Damn
Please try not to use Expletives in replies. As long as there is the ability to plunder there will always be threads of this nature saying it should be stopped or posing methods to prevent it. The only sure method is a continual city shield loose this umbrella and you just might get wet. Or you can just sing in the rain.

Shad23

Emperor
you just might get wet. Or you can just sing in the rain.
lol accept it plundering is part of game best way is to boost your city so you'll be in top of your neighborhood usealy top players in neighborhood get less bothered by ppl who plunder