• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too many bullies

Dragonhost

Private
That’s actually a reasonable city. Well done. I’m impressed
Few pointers
(1) you don’t need quite so much double lane roads. If your able to fit the double lane buildings next to one strip and eliminate the other strip you should be able to free up some space

(2) try to use the shortest end of a building as the end that touches the road. For example those lamp(?) factories? I’d likely place them like this:

(3) Alcatraz could be better placed. It’s taking up a lot of room by having it surrounded by roads. One of two options would be best suited for it. Either put it right at the edges of your city or surround it with smaller buildings.

Here’s an example on what I mean by surrounding a large building with small buildings:
image0.png

If you can improve the city layout with these things you should hopefully also be able to fit in more stuff so when you’re plundered it’s not as big of a problem though of course it won’t stop plundering.

What production cycles are you currently using?
Will try and have a re-jig of the city when I can.
Alcatraz is a pain to position :)
Currently doing 24 hour cycles when possible but the event and daily quests can muck that up a little which takes a while to re-calibrate, plus I work shifts which can change daily so that can also mess things up collection wise (but you gotta earn money to survive!).

Emberguard

Legend
24 hr collections are good for things you’re looking to get motivated (because motivated buildings can’t be plundered and there’s a limited amount of motivations per 24 hrs), using recurring quests and collecting if you know you’ll get there reasonably on time

I personally prefer 8 hr cycles for the techtree goods buildings. Two lots of 8 hr give the same amount as one 24 hr and it means I don’t have to worry as much about the time creeping forward.

If you know you’re going to be plundered regardless of whether you use a 24 hr timer then try using smaller time slots. The plunderers can only take once per 24 hrs so they’d only get half your production if using 8 hrs instead of 24.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Markieboy, we have all read many times, the same complaints and the usual responses that you learn to collect on time. Sometimes this can prove impractical and it has happened to me that I have been hit during Collections, much to my dismay lol.
You can of course change your collection times by allowing Buildings to Sleep or even disconnect for a while and do shorter, timed runs. There are various methodologies one might employ.

I had one serial Plunder Monkey who hit everyone in the Hood on a daily basis, I found my own way to deal with them:
Day 1, I ignored the hit and Aided.
Day 2, I Aided and added 1 FP to each paying GB, just as a little hint.
Day 3, I Aided and added last FPs to 1 GB to Level it at a small loss to me.
Day 4, I Aided and Levelled 2 GBs, one of them at a healthy profit.
Day 5, I Aided and Levelled 3 GBs, including Arc and Obs all at a decent profit to myself; many FPs, Medals and BPs, tee hee.
The Plunderer started Aiding me after that, point made, lesson learned; I take countermeasures even if it costs me in the short-term.

Hit back Dude if it bothers you so much that you Post here to complain about it, you have nothing to lose and plenty to gain if you play it right. You'll feel all the better for it.
Plunder Monkey :lol: love it

Reminds me of someone I was having a conversation with ingame. Can’t remember what it was about initially but they were so proud that they got through my defences after I’d plundered them and was saying how much of a deterrent it is to plunderers if they know they can be hit back. That is until I pointed out I didn’t even notice I’d been attacked prior to the message :lol:

Glad your system of aiding + FP adding worked :blush: wouldn’t have changed anything for my city without discussion via message. Does make me curious though as to how many players it would work on

Certainly worth a try given there are players who aid via event history before plundering
My tactic to avoid plundering is to simply build a fully plunder-proof city. :P
Outside of my lone Cherry Garden set, ('cause it look so damn pretty!), everything in my city needs to be motivated to payout the fps/goods.

...Go ahead and smash through my defense, I'll never, ever care!
(yes, even if you get 1 of my CG set buildings - I have a CF-boosted questing city, so enjoy those 5 EMA goods because I still have 10.1k of each and counting. :P)

However, my favourite play is when I hit up someone's 24hr or 48hr goods production, then put those same goods up on market & watch as they 'buy them back' from me!lol.