• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser6065

If you're getting 'three in a row' you are almost at the end of the event. There are four straight 'slow downs' after the final (250 diamond) quest, then event is over. There are 4 'slow downs' during the quest (if you progress rapidly), but these are given intermittently. . . . mk

DeletedUser15432

Well I have passed the diamonds on 6 worlds so far and also received 2 wishing wells, 2 rogue hideouts, an oasis, 2 log huts and a tigers den apart from other prizes so a great big thank you for the wells Inno

DeletedUser96901

I've had 3 of those 'Slow-Down' (24-hour Production & Motivate/Polish Buildings) quests in a row. What is going on in this Event? Why am I only getting those miserable 'Slow-Down' Quests?
you should be happy:
after those quests it is over

or would you prefer that it directly ends after the quest with the diamond reward and you don't get those 4 extra tickets :confused:

:rolleyes:

but too bad only 4 after the last regular quest. could be endless until the event ends ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How many quests are there roughly until the diamond quest?
I've managed to to about 2-3 quests each day (before getting the 24h one, which I know I'm not preparing for correctly! :D) so far but I'm wondering how far through I am realistically.

I'm saving my tickets until there is a spice trader on the wheel, I love that building!

DeletedUser15386

Did they remove the age specific happiness buildings (like Zeppelin in PA) from the wheel ? Because i haven't seen one in 2 days. Obviously i don't see every single wheel in my hood so i might just have missed them, but i saw quite a few Zeppelins at the start of the event without even trying to see as many wheels as possible.

DeletedUser2989

It is entirely possible to go a few days without seeing a specific prize. As an example I've gone days without seeing any Renovation Kits and I'm in much a similar situation (I've missed many wheels). With such a large range of prizes you may see a Preimum Culture building in your next wheel or you might miss out on it, depends how many more wheels you see and how many tickets you have avaliable to personally refresh the wheel looking for one.

DeletedUser6065

Did they remove the age specific happiness buildings (like Zeppelin in PA) from the wheel ? Because i haven't seen one in 2 days. Obviously i don't see every single wheel in my hood so i might just have missed them, but i saw quite a few Zeppelins at the start of the event without even trying to see as many wheels as possible.

Travelling Circus has appeared fairly frequently. I suspect the the frequency of goodies appearing may be affected by how often your wheel is refreshed. Just a guess, no facts . . mk

DeletedUser

I'm quite happy with the event really :) I only moved up to LMA the day before the event started, so to have got a few houses, cultural buildings and supply buildings for no cost has been a really good start to a new age!
Now all I need is a Spice Trader *fingers crossed* and I will be as happy as they come :D

DeletedUser6065

' . . . I only moved up to LMA the day before the event started . . '
BeeVee - you are one lucky person. As I mentioned before 'in the old days', quests did not allow you the option of 'Build 3 Residential buildings from the current age or 4 from the previous age'. You had to build in the age you are at. I remember the first Valentine's Event where a player missed out on the final prize because they had just entered a new age, and there was no way they were going to get all the forge points necessary to climb the tree. Likewise with recruiting military units. You had to get your age only. Look at the tech tree. How far away are you from the first military barracks? And, woe the person who needed goods from that age. Had to conquer provinces, but no current armies, no production buildings, no nada.
Glad it all worked out for you, especially all the buildings at no cost. That is the best part of these events (IMHO). . . mk

DeletedUser7719

Gotta thank the devs for listening to that then ;) I also noticed there were no plunder quests either, so those peaceful players don't have much to complain about this event either.

DeletedUser

Did anyone have a situation when completing quest line did not give diamonds? I did my math at the end (after completing quest line on all 9 worlds) and it seems that I'm one set of diamonds short :confused: . I'm 100% sure I completed all of them (now I have only "finish production 5 times and polivate")

I was playing on a realy slow laptop which had issues with Flash Player and a significant delay (plus slow wireless internet access) . Sometimes it would take 4-5 seconds after picking up resource to see the resource counter go up. So I suppose that one time the game did not "register" that the diamonds were earned :mad:

I started with 70 diamonds in my inventory, during the game spend 100 on a ticket (only 1 Well of Wishes was left on a wheel - that "investment" will take some time to pay back ;) ). After completing all quest lines I have 2220 diamonds. So clearly I'm missing one set :mad:

joesoap

Major-General
250 x 9 (for each of the worlds)= 2250 + 70 (you had to start with) = 2320 - 100 (you spent on ticket) = 2220

DeletedUser

250 x 9 (for each of the worlds)= 2250 + 70 (you had to start with) = 2320 - 100 (you spent on ticket) = 2220

Haha! That was happens when "diamond fever" clouds one's judgement ;) I was multiplying by 10 instead of 9 - I started my other cities especially for the event, I was convinced at the beginning that there are 10 worlds. OK, so all is fine then :cool: Thanks!

DeletedUser98465

Update on merges: Please be aware that to avoid disruption to neighbourhoods and the associated difficulty this would cause whilst the summer event is running, there will be no neighbourhood merge on the 25th of August.

Lol, love this. I can just see the scenario in the Inno offices:

"group of devs sat around drinking tea looking out the window"

Dev1: That summer even is a huge success, just like everything we do. We're ace arn't we..
Dev2: Oh god yes we are, but we will have more people in the wrong neighborhoods next week...
Dev3: Damn yea, oh well I guess we will just leave it be and not tell anyone we can't fix it....
Dev1: So did you re-code that content to consider the summer event...
Dev2: Say what
Dev1: You did remember didn't you.
Dev2: Oh darn, no. Quick, post something intelligent to the mods.

Mod1: Right, Devs have spoke, they said that because of the event, it was always in the plan that once the event started we wouldn't do any neighborhood merges so that it kept things clean, so can we ensure everyone knows.

DeletedUser97349

Mod1? Have I been promoted or demoted :p

It was our decision to post this information ahead of time, rather than waiting until the last minute as was the case last year.

The neighbourhood merging issue is for another thread, on which I have commented also :)

DeletedUser98465

Mod1? Have I been promoted or demoted :p

It was our decision to post this information ahead of time, rather than waiting until the last minute as was the case last year.

The neighbourhood merging issue is for another thread, on which I have commented also :)

Lol, I know, I was being "non-specific" as it was an attempt at light hearted humor...I failed (I think)

Last minute? It's two day's before, the event has been running for over a week haha

DeletedUser5180

lol, love this. I can just see the scenario in the inno offices:

"group of devs sat around drinking tea looking out the window"

dev1: That summer even is a huge success, just like everything we do. We're ace arn't we..
Dev2: Oh god yes we are, but we will have more people in the wrong neighborhoods next week...
Dev3: Damn yea, oh well i guess we will just leave it be and not tell anyone we can't fix it....
Dev1: So did you re-code that content to consider the summer event...
Dev2: Say what
dev1: You did remember didn't you.
Dev2: Oh darn, no. Quick, post something intelligent to the mods.

Mod1: Right, devs have spoke, they said that because of the event, it was always in the plan that once the event started we wouldn't do any neighborhood merges so that it kept things clean, so can we ensure everyone knows.

ace ;)

DeletedUser5399

you should be happy:
after those quests it is over

or would you prefer that it directly ends after the quest with the diamond reward and you don't get those 4 extra tickets :confused:

:rolleyes:

but too bad only 4 after the last regular quest. could be endless until the event ends ;)

I wasn't aware that those 24-hour Production and Motivate/Polish Buildings were extra quests. I thought they were put in there to slow me down from finishing. I had no idea I was already finished with the main Event.

So I have finally finished the entire Summer Event, including the 4 extras. It was rather anti-climatic with all those 'extra' quests only rewarding one Ticket.

Nonetheless, I did win a few nice prizes but mostly junk. Still, it was fun. :)

DeletedUser100341

I keep checking the wheel for a prize I really want. But the wheel seldom gets refreshed.

I think everyone is doing one of two things. 1) Saving up all their tickets for a chance at a good prize and waiting for someone else to refresh the wheel. Or 2) spent their tickets as they got them and can't afford to take a chance on refreshing the wheel for an unknown prize.

"Patience is a virtue." But darn it where are the good prizes!.