• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

1) Saving up all their tickets for a chance at a good prize and waiting for someone else to refresh the wheel.

I did this but if it makes you feel any better, it didn't work!! I spent 10 tickets all in one go when there was finally a wheel with a spice trader, and got everything but! Boo!

DeletedUser5514

are diamonds one of the prizes that can be won on the wheel or it never appears on wheels at all?

DeletedUser4879

Reading thru this, I get that feeling that this Summer event is a failure for most players and that includes me!
The thing I've learned is to ignore silly events like this! I've done with 2 events and there are no diamonds at the
End and there was none on the Wheel! I noticed a lot of BUGS, none of which finished in my inventory, LOL...
One day Inno devs will get it right, but the sad part is we might not live long enough to enjoy it......:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1081

... Huh? There are diamonds in this one, as a reward for finishing the last regular (non-extra) quest. Plus a lot of stuff you can normally only get by spending diamonds, and here (if you're lucky) you can get them for nothing.

I'm not a fan of events where the only way to get what you want is to get lucky - this one needs a "shop" aspect on the side, so we could purchase particular items we want - but to be fair we just had that in the world cup event, and it was a big surprise to get any event at all so soon after that.

But if you don't like silly events like this by all means ignore them! There are certainly far better ways to have fun than getting uptight about an optional add-on to a browser game.

Meanwhile, could someone please let the devs know they need to improve the randomness of their spinner? The last time an oasis came up on my neighbourhood wheel was Day 2 of the event - we've had straw huts, sand castles and beach bars on practically every wheel, but I want an oasis! Got my shades all ready for it too, see? :cool:

DeletedUser15526

i think last summers wheel had much better prizes, either that or im missing them all.

DeletedUser5514

What these events bring is a huge imbalance between players: some players manage to fill theyre cities with shrines (they give 1 FP per day if motivated), wich enables them to move through GBs and tech tree at a fascinating speed; other players fail to do so. Ive seen cities with 5+, 10+, 20+, 40+ shrines...

... Huh? There are diamonds in this one, as a reward for finishing the last regular (non-extra) quest. Plus a lot of stuff you can normally only get by spending diamonds, and here (if you're lucky) you can get them for nothing.

I'm not a fan of events where the only way to get what you want is to get lucky - this one needs a "shop" aspect on the side, so we could purchase particular items we want - but to be fair we just had that in the world cup event, and it was a big surprise to get any event at all so soon after that.

But if you don't like silly events like this by all means ignore them! There are certainly far better ways to have fun than getting uptight about an optional add-on to a browser game.

Meanwhile, could someone please let the devs know they need to improve the randomness of their spinner? The last time an oasis came up on my neighbourhood wheel was Day 2 of the event - we've had straw huts, sand castles and beach bars on practically every wheel, but I want an oasis! Got my shades all ready for it too, see? :cool:

DeletedUser1081

What these events bring is a huge imbalance between players: some players manage to fill theyre cities with shrines (they give 1 FP per day if motivated), wich enables them to move through GBs and tech tree at a fascinating speed; other players fail to do so. Ive seen cities with 5+, 10+, 20+, 40+ shrines...

... There's always a huge imbalance between players in a free-to-play game with optional paid-for content, and where brand-new players are in the same worlds with longtime players. You could just as well say events like this contribute to reducing the gap by letting non-paying players win premium stuff.

DeletedUser5514

I dont understand how can you reach to such conclusion since, bear with me on this, who stops those who pay diamonds, to do so on those events and increase the gap between players? Thats what has been happenning all along:

- Diamond buyers will buy more diamonds as they always did, then they will buy all the tickets they want and win all prizes, bad or good, but obviously will get what they want as many as they want (refresh and spin endlessly or spin endlessly, depending on the wheels).
- Non diamond buyers will not buy diamonds, wich limits theyre possibility to win what they want and also the quantities of those things (if theyre lucky they might get something, if theyre unlucky they wont get anything).

The above applies to all events ive seen so far, so these events dont contribute do reduce the gap but instead they contribute to increase even more the gap between diamond buyers and non diamond buyers.

... There's always a huge imbalance between players in a free-to-play game with optional paid-for content, and where brand-new players are in the same worlds with longtime players. You could just as well say events like this contribute to reducing the gap by letting non-paying players win premium stuff.

DeletedUser2989

I'd say you're partly right there rogeriods, these bonus events aren't really there to close or widen the gap. All players get the chance to gain extra prizes with different levels of luck. I can see how looking at just one event on it's own you'd be able to see it as creating a wide gap between players but theoretically everyone gets lucky/unlucky eventually. So the more events a group of players goes through the more even the results should get. But in reality with some people playing the game for longer than others there is always going to be an observable gap.

Oh and the reason I say that it isn't widening the gap is because it's always been the case that spending more money get you further. It's also hard to complain about paying players getting so far ahead as they are funding the game :)

As mink says though, these events give a nice chance for non paying players to experience a bit of the premium stuff. I think most people appreciate the free stuff :)

DeletedUser15526

ive never bought diamonds on here, and get by fine.

diamonds do give you a quicker way of doin things, but its not everything. most important to get anywhere on forge is by putting the time in, some of the advanced players have been playing this game over 2 years, nothing you do will close that gap.

if someone chooses to spend money getting extra things in their city its upto them, their city their playing style.

also alot of the stuff they have may already be won on past events, ive had a rouge hidout since they were first released, so spent no tickets, cups or eggs trying to get them in last events allowing me to use them elsewhere. as have other players who have been here.

premium items are always better, thats why people buy them, if there was no difference then no one would want them, and then we would all probably have to pay to play forge :P

DeletedUser5514

Sure, ive been playing for a long time, on a specific world, thus ive been aware of all the other events and how they work (diamond buyers will always get more from those events thus widdening the gap between players). In my oppinion, in opposition to mink's oppinion, these events increase the gap between diamond buyers and non diamond buyers.

Youre correct, free stuff is nice, but at what cost? Can you imagine a city full of shrines, how many FPs and coins a player can get from them, as long as that player is in a good guild and have a good list of friends and even neighbours, who can help out daily? Imagine 50 extra FPs per day, what you can do with them: either buy cheap goods for FPs invested into other people's GBs or invest into your own GBs or advance even faster in the tech tree.

The more events a group of players goes through the more un-even the results will be, because diamond buyers will take every chance to buy the best stuff and non diamond buyers will not do the same.

Therefore, its obvious that these events increase the gap between players and contribute to make the game more imbalanced, even though these events might not have been intended to do that, but in the end of the day, thats what those events end up doing.

I'd say you're partly right there rogeriods, these bonus events aren't really there to close or widen the gap. All players get the chance to gain extra prizes with different levels of luck. I can see how looking at just one event on it's own you'd be able to see it as creating a wide gap between players but theoretically everyone gets lucky/unlucky eventually. So the more events a group of players goes through the more even the results should get. But in reality with some people playing the game for longer than others there is always going to be an observable gap.

Oh and the reason I say that it isn't widening the gap is because it's always been the case that spending more money get you further. It's also hard to complain about paying players getting so far ahead as they are funding the game :)

As mink says though, these events give a nice chance for non paying players to experience a bit of the premium stuff. I think most people appreciate the free stuff :)

DeletedUser1081

I dont understand how can you reach to such conclusion since ...

What I said was "you could just as well say it contributes to reducing the gap", which means I don't really subscribe to either view. In the purely luck-based events some lucky non-diamond players get a bunch of premium stuff they wouldn't have otherwise, while some theoretical unlucky diamond-buyer doesn't get what s/he wants despite spending miles of diamonds (which they would've spent on something else anyway). But in the end it doesn't make much difference either way, because the disparities aren't arising due to events. The disparities are due to the fact that a] free and paying players are in the same worlds, and b] new and longtime players are also in the same worlds.

DeletedUser15432

Well, the only thing I buy diamonds for and only occasionally is for the expansions, and with 13 wells now, 3 operating Chateau's as well, the wells and repeat quests should start to supply the diamonds that I need for expansions

I have been lucky during this event and managed to get 3 rogues hideouts whereas before I have never managed to get any

However, if I won the lottery, this would solve all my diamond expansion costs in 1 go - I think 39000 diamonds would fill all the unfilled diamond expansions costs and bring the 3 rogues hideouts to maximum efficiency and leave additional diamonds for other expansions as well

DeletedUser5514

Thats all true but some stuff should have a limit, although money has the higher ground on this. Still, this does not change the fact that these events contribute to the increase of the game imbalance.

ive never bought diamonds on here, and get by fine.

diamonds do give you a quicker way of doin things, but its not everything. most important to get anywhere on forge is by putting the time in, some of the advanced players have been playing this game over 2 years, nothing you do will close that gap.

if someone chooses to spend money getting extra things in their city its upto them, their city their playing style.

also alot of the stuff they have may already be won on past events, ive had a rouge hidout since they were first released, so spent no tickets, cups or eggs trying to get them in last events allowing me to use them elsewhere. as have other players who have been here.

premium items are always better, thats why people buy them, if there was no difference then no one would want them, and then we would all probably have to pay to play forge :P

DeletedUser15526

lol everything contributes to imbalance on here. :P

but it is most certainly can be overcome with strategy n planning

DeletedUser5514

But you cant "just as well say it contributes to reducing the gap" because it simply doesnt. Diamond users will always get what they want on these events, because they can buy the tickets they need to roll the wheel as many times as they want, when they want, refresh until they find a good wheel for them, therefore its impossible not to get what they want. Either on practise or in theory, there is no way a diamond buyer wont get what he wants, unless he just rolls the wheel for the kicks of doing so (no diamond user would say: well, ive won all the bad prizes therefore im going to refresh the wheel and refuse to win the good prizes).

What I said was "you could just as well say it contributes to reducing the gap", which means I don't really subscribe to either view. In the purely luck-based events some lucky non-diamond players get a bunch of premium stuff they wouldn't have otherwise, while some theoretical unlucky diamond-buyer doesn't get what s/he wants despite spending miles of diamonds (which they would've spent on something else anyway). But in the end it doesn't make much difference either way, because the disparities aren't arising due to events. The disparities are due to the fact that a] free and paying players are in the same worlds, and b] new and longtime players are also in the same worlds.

DeletedUser653

Minks 100% right. I play on 8 worlds at the moment and only spend diamonds on one of these, the other 7 never have had a diamond spent on them once. But if you compare my EN1 and EN2 worlds you would be guessing as to which is the diamond one.
The summer event has been a great help to non diamond players who (myself included) have gained diamond buildings which they otherwise would never have got. It does not make diamond players get further ahead as most awards they could have bought anyway and if they bought a few more tickets they have the same advantage over non diamond players in the summer event as they do in the game.

Generally the summer event has been great. I remember getting 4 renovation kits in one world from 8 spins but then not getting a premium cultural building with 18 spins in another even some other prizes all gone. I have one world where I got no premium prizes at all and seemed to always win things I already had coins, goods or decorations (and of course I have a great collection of "faces" now!). Playing across 8 worlds I can see that some players would think its a horrid unfair event if they have been unlucky while others are thinking its great and overall I think it was one of the best events.

Very good event Inno, I even liked the 24hr delay quests to slow the racers down - more of these please which keep the event live for more players for longer.

DeletedUser15526

if that is how they wish to spend their money on a game on the internet. more fool them in my opinion.

is their choice,lol

Last edited by a moderator: