• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggest a building! (entry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16408

1. Casa Mila Barcelona from 1905-1910
2.Berlin Cathedral from 1905

DeletedUser

I would suggest Mount Rushmore. The size could be 6x5 and gives out happiness and goods from our age.

The History behind Mount Rushmore is that it started construction in 1927 and went through up until 1941 during the Great Depression to help open jobs and raise the American spirit during the bad times and low moods of the Great Depression. It is because of this that we should get a happiness gain. Also because it created jobs we should get Goods from our current age.

DeletedUser16260

Flatiron Building. Early Skyscraper. Built 1903 in New York

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10085

I would suggest either the woolworth building or The Auditorium Building, seeing as the progressive era map is USA might as well be American GB's

DeletedUser

Since we are talking about the Progressive Era, my suggestion is the Home Insurance Building, built in Chicago, Illinois, USA in 1884. The building was the first to use structural steel in it's construction. Due to the Chicago building's unique architecture and unique weight-bearing frame, it is considered the first skyscraper in the world (although at the time it wasn't the tallest). The building weighed only one-third as much as a stone building would have.
Basically, it paved the way for what is known today as a skyscraper. You can't get much more progressive than that :D

Lokithor

DeletedUser

I think aviation was the most exciting thing to happen in that era, so perhaps world's oldest airport? College Park Airport in Maryland, US, established in 1909 by Wilbur Wright. That's my suggestion.

DeletedUser

Cologne Cathedral:
Construction of Cologne Cathedral commenced in 1248 and was halted in 1473, leaving it unfinished. Work restarted in the 19th century and was completed, to the original plan, in 1880. It is 144.5 metres (474 ft) long, 86.5 m (284 ft) wide and its towers are approximately 157 m (515 ft) tall. The cathedral is the largest Gothic church in Northern Europe and has the second-tallest spires and largest facade of any church in the world. The choir has the largest height to width ratio, 3.6:1, of any medieval church.

DeletedUser

State cinema Art Deco Cinema still standing in Grays in Essex UK fabulous building in it's hay day

DeletedUser9815

I suggest Cinquantenaire! :cool:
Cinquantenaire_Triumphal_Arch_of_Triumph_Belgium_Brussels_Tarun_Chandel_PhotoBlog.jpg
Parc du Cinquantenaire (French for "Park of the Fiftieth Anniversary", pronounced [paʁk dy sɛ̃kɑ̃tnɛʁ]) or Jubelpark (Dutch for "Jubilee Park", pronounced [ˈjybəlpɑrk]) is a large public, urban park (30 hectares) in the easternmost part of the European Quarter in Brussels, Belgium.
Most buildings of the U-shaped complex which dominate the park were commissioned by the Belgian government under the patrondom of King Leopold II for the 1880 National Exhibition commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of Belgian independence, and successive exhibitions which place in the same area, replacing previous constructions . The present centrepiece triumphal arch was erected in 1905 replacing a previous temporary version of the arcade by Gédéon Bordiau. The structures were built in iron, glass and stone, symbolising the economic and industrial performance of Belgium. The surrounding 30 hectare park esplanade was full of picturesque gardens, ponds and waterfalls. It housed several trade fairs, exhibitions and festivals at the beginning of the century. This settled however in 1930 when it was decided that Cinquantenaire would become a leisure park.[1]
The Royal Military Museum has been the sole tenant of the northern half of the complex since 1880. The southern half is currently occupied by the Cinquantenaire Art Museum and the AutoWorld Museum. The Temple of Human Passions, a remainder from 1886, and the Great Mosque of Brussels from 1978 are located in the north-western corner of the park!....it's got it all going on, lol

woody432

Private
this is my choice its a lovely designed building with great features
1.Low Library, by McKim, Mead and White, at Columbia University, New York, New York, 1903

woody432

DeletedUser

Mr Bazalgette's sewers

I'd like to suggest Mr Bazalgette's sewers, they were the most important building project in Londons history as they improved health for all levels of society

DeletedUser9759

I would like to make a suggestion that is just barely outside the guide lines. However, I think it would make the most amazing Great Building and I think it embodies the progressive age.

The First Transcontinental Railroad in the United States built in the 1860's and finished in 1869.

This could be an awesome Great building with a really unique long shape. It would be awesome if a train came across the track occasionally but not all the time.

Also it could have all kinds of cool bonuses. For instance it could reduce the production times on all goods buildings by 25% or something new and fresh like that. Or really cool it could reduce the cool down on mot/pol/attacking by 2 hours. that would be the best ever. IMHO

Please let me know if this would be accepted as an official entery or if I should change my entery

Status
Not open for further replies.