• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggest a building! (entry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The Palace of the Parliament in Romania which was built in 1984. There is Great history behind it and I quote: "According to the World Records Academy, the Palace is the world's largest civilian building, most expensive administrative building, and heaviest building". It would be a CRIME not to put it in the game.

DeletedUser

Dmon one, the Empire State was started in 1929 and finished in 1931, not having a go at you or anything just wanted to tell you if you wanted to have another go :)

Hey Guys,

I was going to submit the Cologne Cathedral in Germany, as it's one of my all-time favourites concerning architectural wonders in the world, but as that had already been taken, I think I'm going to go with the Casa Mila in Barcelona, Spain.

It was built by the controversial architect Antoni Gaudi through the years 1906-1912 and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1984. Of course, it doesn't compare to the Cologne Cathedral that took over 600 years to complete but I think the Casa Mila would be great as a building in Forge of Empires as it's not too large in size, has a fair bit of history behind it and it's a great example of progressive architectural ideas, resources and technology. This is shown through the fact that the facade supports itself.

If you guys are interested in this idea, you can learn more about it by following my link below :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEY2XvzlOl4

Kind Regards,
Lewis

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

menin gate unveiled in 1927 menin gate is a memorial dedicated to the British and Commonwealth soldiers who were killed in the Ypres Salient of World War I and whose graves are unknown. menin.jpg
dbImage.jpg

DeletedUser16814

im going to say Harland & Wolff shipyard which is were the titanic and other great ships have been built the major thing of the era
regards bck

DeletedUser

I suggest San Francisco City Hall, which was reopened in 1915. The City Hall replaced the old one after it was destroyed in the 1906 earthquake. Its dome is the 5th largest in the world. Its 19 ft, or 5.8 metes higher than the United States Capitol. Its massive wide open space is more than 500,000 square feet or 46,000 m2. Its pretty impressive. Here is a picture of it today:
San_Francisco_City_Hall_2.jpg

DeletedUser16766

Woolworth Building, New York, 1910-1913 :D hope you like my idea, its great

DeletedUser16217

How about a building 'The ale House' where you could meet, spies, killers, other players etc.

DeletedUser

I really recommend The Kurhaus at the Sea in Scheveningen with or without Pier, The Hague, the most famous building in The Netherlands was built between 1884 and 1885

Having suffered serious damage by fire, it was rebuilt between 1886 and 1887. The ceilings were painted by the Brussels artist Van Hoeck

Kings & Queens, ambassadeurs, and famous artists stayed and performed here.
(a gig from the Rolling Stones made the Kurhaus even more wanted, attracting tourists even today.)

http://flossy.nl/weblog777/media/kurhaus.jpg
http://www.denhaag.nl/upload_mm/6/9/4/54653_fullimage_03.jpg with the walking Pier that is threatened to be teared down due the costs..would be great to see it everyday in good shape :D

DeletedUser

I am going to say,

Waterloo train station as it is an architecturally sound beacon to the London Underground, which opened in 1863 and the beginning of the 150 year exploration into the world of mass transit.

This has to be something which changed the world. And built the world we know.

Its not just the old, this station has been about since the 1850's and yet still is at the forefront of transport hubs in the world connecting two of the worlds greatest capitals via train and a tunnel under the sea. (London - Paris) A hub to all London Boroughs with a new tube link being built as we speak, the Crossrail. And direct connections to Heathrow airport, the worlds busiest airport. One of the only places in the world where you could truly disappear, train plane or automobile this place connects you to it all.

This symbolizes mass transit, and a notion which a nation teaches, that the world is not such a vast space, it brings us all together as England did with the railway, this extension, this monument to the bridging of old and new.

The Revolution has begun ;)

DeletedUser4906

How about a Lunatic Asylum or an Observatory of the Victorian era?
I hope the graphics will be better for the next age, Industrial Age looks like it was rushed & quite cartoon looking, just my opinion, guess i'll be slated by some......

Status
Not open for further replies.