• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggest a building! (entry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16894

The American Academy in Rome

It was build in 1912. It is a wonderful building!

DeletedUser

Suggestion

I have multiple suggestions. Focused on production and defense bonuses, you could give us the option of a Bastion - A large tower that can be created and built anywhere in the city. It could give a happiness bonus, and a defense bonus, as well as the special option to imprison citizens or enemy troops.

Another suggestion would be to create a like of underground tunnel entrance. Give the availability to move into your adjacent territories faster and safely, and move a certain amount of supplies without any possible detection. If the enemy captures the city with the tunnel hq, than they can use it if you dont destroy it before they conquer the city.

Consider deeply,
House of Scorpi

DeletedUser

i suggest Casa Batll'o

The interior of Casa Batlló, an art nouveau masterpiece of Spanish architect Antonio Gaudí, has been one of Barcelona's best-kept secrets. This year, to honor the 150th anniversary of Gaudí's birth, the current owners have opened Casa Batlló to public view for the first time since it was completed nearly a century ago.

The undulating rhythms and the organic imagery of these interiors create the feeling that the house lives and breathes. Spiral forms on the walls and ceilings lend a sensation of movement to the spaces. One Gaudí scholar, Philippe Thiébaut, has even suggested that the rooms of the Batlló apartment unfold like a process of cellular growth.

Originally the architect was asked by the textile magnate Josep Batlló to demolish a nondescript building designed in the 1870s by Emilio Sala Cortés and create a new house. But Gaudí convinced Batlló that he could keep the existing structural framework and remodel it into a masterpiece that would both shock and delight,i think it will bring a bit of verity into the game as the exterior is truly
awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would suggest the Highland Park Ford Plant because most of the Model T automobiles came out of that plant.

DeletedUser

SCROLL UP!

Scroll Waaaaay Up. Until you see some blue tabs, one of which says 'Search Thread'. I just used that tab to search the last three entries before this post and each of them is a duplicate. Each of the last 3 buildings has been mentioned before and all three players just blew any chance of winning . . by not searching.

Don't let this happen to you if you still have an entry to submit!

Edit: The post below me is an interesting one. A search shows the Berlin Cathedral was previously suggested about post #50 or so. BUT it was the second option of the poster so would that count?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14587

Berlin Cathedral

Berlin Cathedral (German: Berliner Dom) is the colloquial name for the Evangelical (i.e. Protestant) Oberpfarr- und Domkirche (English analogously: Supreme Parish and Collegiate Church, literally Supreme Parish and Cathedral Church) in Berlin, Germany. It is the parish church of the Evangelical congregation Gemeinde der Oberpfarr- und Domkirche zu Berlin, a member of the umbrella organisation Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia. Its present building is located on Museum Island in the Mitte borough.
The Berlin Cathedral has never been a cathedral in the actual sense of that term since it has never been the seat of a bishop. The bishop of the Evangelical Church in Berlin-Brandenburg (under this name 1945–2003) is based in St. Mary's Church, Berlin, and Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. St. Hedwig's Cathedral serves as seat of Berlin's Roman Catholic metropolitan bishop.

expected size 4x5
suggested building Military and goods building

DeletedUser16927

Chicago's Home insurance Building, don't know if anyone has suggested it. Built 1884-1885

DeletedUser

the french maginot line bulding started construction in 1930 and finished in 1940
not very sure if thats allowed
and the titanic under water you could just use a pond and build a ship on it as everyone knows the titanic was built in 1908 to 1910

DeletedUser

Cool idea!Ive got 2
You could do a Palace which is like a GIANT fortress
Or you could do a Farm where you can make milk cheese and milk animals
Congrats!!
Dr Blood OUT

DeletedUser

Santa Justa Lift, Lisbon, Portugal
320px-Lisbon_%28Lisboa%29_historic_elevator_Santa_Justa_Luca_Galuzzi_2006.jpg

Rossio Railway Station, Lisbon, Portugal
EstacaoRossioLisboa.JPG

Dom Luis Bridge, Porto, Portugal
640px-Ponte_Dom_Luis_I.jpg

DeletedUser16952

The Venn Building in the University of Hull:
John Venn was born to Martha Sykes and Rev. Henry Venn in Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire, England and died in Cambridge, England on April 4, 1923 at the age of 88. He received his early education from Highgate School and graduated from Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge in 1853. He invented the famous Venn Diagram, and in 1881 introduced it through his work “Symbolic Logic.” The Venn diagram helps to organize one’s thoughts by a graphical representation of differences and similarities between two entities and shows sets, their intersections, and unions. The Venn Building in the University of Hull was constructed to honor him.

DeletedUser

Reflect the international nature of co-operation within the game by using the one building that represents the same ideal, the UN Headquarters building in New York (1952), although the Statue of Liberty could be stunning. Either could provide trading bonuses, ie doubling the return in the first three trades of the cycle, but not at the expense of the person you are trading with. They could also provide a defense bonus in line with the theme of international co-operation.

DeletedUser

hadrians wall or great wall of china, just great structures for defensive purposes

DeletedUser

I suggest that since that the industrial age was the last age in the game that the tech of early 1900 and up is next so i say a airport would go allong with the progression of this game

Status
Not open for further replies.