• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggest a building! (entry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13742

Why not do the empire state building. It isn't industrial. It was built in 1929 and it would be around the age that you are designing. The great building would (at level 1) be 2500 happines, and give 7500 supplies and money every 24 hours.

DeletedUser8994

I would suggest the Chrysler building, New York City. Built between 1928-1930. Designed by William van Alen. It was the first modern skyscraper and the tallest building in the world, until the Empire state was finished in 1931. It is still the tallest brick building in the world. I just think it looks good.

DeletedUser5931

well i answered last week with the eiffel tower in Paris, at that point i couldnt see no other answer and my post is gone.
so i dont know if that was a valid answer.

DeletedUser

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde) is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, designed by Frédéric Bartholdi and dedicated on October 28, 1886. The statue, a gift to the United States from the people of France, is of a robed female figure representing Libertas, the Roman goddess of freedom, who bears a torch and a tabula ansata (a tablet evoking the law) upon which is inscribed the date of the American Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776. A broken chain lies at her feet. The statue is an icon of freedom and of the United States: a welcoming signal to immigrants arriving from abroad.

DeletedUser

Einstein Tower
The tower was begun in 1919, was effectively finished in 1921 and was officially opened in 1924.
Erich Mendelsohn's small, but powerfully modeled tower, built to symbolize the greatness of the Einsteinian concepts

DeletedUser

The Machine Hall
Built for the 1889 International Exhibition, Paris, the centenary celebration of the French Revolution (as was the Eiffel Tower) and demolished in 1910.
“Erected and glazed in the space of a year, Contamin’s shed was a huge ‘tent’ of blue and white translucent glass covering a clear space of 800 by 380 feet and held in place by 10-foot-deep, wrought-iron, lattice arches; steel, at that date, still being extremely expensive. Beneath this canopy, mobile platforms running on rails, shuttled some 100,000 people a day above the latest examples of industrial machinery laid out at their feet; a mechanical panorama to be viewed solipsistically, so to speak, from the vantage point of a mobile exhibiting machine.”

DeletedUser16881

I sugest the Electric Tower or allso known as "Niagara Mohawk" the tallest building constructed in the 1910's

DeletedUser579

A utility building would be a real change.
How about Battersea Powerstation Designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, built 1929?

Damn Beaten to to it!!!! sorry missed the first entry! =o/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another is
Capricho gaudi.... all of Gaudi's buildings are unique and beautiful

DeletedUser

The industrial age was all about the building of industries and invention of new technologies. Some of the greatest inventions were the likes of the first reliable steam engine built by James Watt or the first telephone made by Alexander bell, or the first Airplane by the Wright Brothers. The most successful at the time by far was the Steam Engine, and I suggest therefore the Boulton & Watt Company As this was the company that perfected and produced Watts design of the Steam Engine.

DeletedUser16892

^^ Sorry, didn't see the set date! How about a radio telescope - First seen in 1929?

DeletedUser16893

Home Insurance Building in Chicago was the first building to use a structural steel frame, which allowed it to have 12 floors which made it the first of the skyscrapers. It was built in 1884

Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.