• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggest a building! (entry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14230

The Grand Palais des Champs-Elysées, commonly known as the Grand Palais is a large historic site, exhibition hall and museum complex located at the Champs-Élysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, France.
Construction of the Grand Palais began in 1897 following the demolition of the Palais de l'Industrie (Palace of Industry) as part of the preparation works for the Universal Exposition of 1900.

PanoramiqueGrandPalais-3600.jpg

petit-grand-palais-paris.jpg

DeletedUser

Great Building

Sagrada Familia 1882, the greatest building of all time.

DeletedUser15432

My suggestions are as follows: -
The Shard in London, Sydney Opera House, Palm Islan in Dubai, Petronas Towers, Parliament building in Edinburgh, EEC Parliament Building, The World Trade Centre (destroyed 9.11.01), The Pentagon, Autobahn Network in Germany, The underground system in London. The Olympic stadium in Beijing

DeletedUser

My suggestion is the 'Palais des Nations'. (Palace of Nations)

Construction started in 1929, and it became the headquarters of the League of Nations, predecessor to the United Nations. It was the first large scale attempt to global diplomacy, though it's failure in preventing World War II lead to the idea a new name and organization would be needed. The palace is still used however by The United Nations as their second largest headquarter building.

DeletedUser16166

Brooklyn Bridge. At the time it opened, and for several years, it was the longest suspension bridge in the world—50% longer than any previously built—and it has become a major landmark not just in New York but globally. It combines a vital role in joining Manhattan and Brooklyn so that the powerhouse of the US economy could take off with an iconic image of what technology was capable of in the new industrial era. The bridge became a symbol of the optimism of the time. Used cleverly within the game would also allow players to build it across territory (if your programming allows this) and so more than one player can be working on building this same icon at the same time from different start locations and provide a means to access each other's realm more easily.

DeletedUser16065

I would like to suggest the Einstein Tower (built between 1919-1921) an observatory in Potsdam, Germany. This is not an obvious suggestion and yet its association with Albert Einstein gives it one of the most Iconic names of both this era and the 20th Century which provides possible links to the next era.

DeletedUser16065

My Second Suggestion is also German (I'm not) - Staatliches Bauhaus - The Famous and Iconic School of design (1919-1933) and closed by the ****s. Both the buildings in Dessau and Weimar qualify.

DeletedUser

Grundtvig's Church (Danish: Grundtvigs Kirke) is located in the Bispebjerg district of Copenhagen, Denmark. It is a rare example of expressionist church architecture.

DeletedUser

I think the Chrysler Building would be an iconic skyscraper to introduce to the game espically with the colonial age based around America!
Thanks and good luck everyone :)

DeletedUser

Teatro Amazonas, in English The Amazon Theatre, is an amazing opera house built in the city centre of Manaus, Brazil. Built in a Renaissance style this opera house took seventeen years to build, with construction being completed in 1895. The money for the theatre was funded by the massive rubber boom in the late 19th and early 20th century. The decadence in this building is outrageous with roofing tiles, furniture and murals of the meeting of the waters from Alsace and Paris. From Italy came Carrarra Marble for the stairs, statues and columns, also 198 chandeliers, including 32 made from Murano glass in Venice. The dome on the outside is covered with over 36,000 decorated ceramic tiles painted in the colors of the Brazilian flag. Pretty much everything was imported from Europe, including the bricks, except the wood. After the rubber market collapsed the theatre suffered greatly.

There were no opera performances in the theatre for almost 90 years but when a populist governor got elected into office he pledged to save the theatre. The theatre is now fully restored and has many opera and classical symphony performances every year. Since 2004 the Amazonas Film Festival is held in the theatre now.
Teatro_amazonas.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Teatro_amazonas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A Tank Factory to produce Tanks, Armored cars ,Scout Cars,Half Tracks,Gun Carriers ect.

DeletedUser13805

a simple toilet building would be my suggestion : ) give the little people somewhere to spend a penny : )

Status
Not open for further replies.