• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Day 2024 discussion

Agent327

Overlord
Probably true, but you can just skip those overpriced quests and still get a bunch of good rewards from all the other quests.

Doesn't mean it isn't bait, dangling right before your eyes. Same as the leagues are. Haven't noticed we are getting more of those now?

Nidwin

Sergeant
I seriously doubt people can spend 3200 pots of gold without using diamonds.
The question is where do those spent diamonds come from, in game or credit card. Some claim it's all a money grab and I'm not convinced of it. I don't do St Patrick's like event as I dislike the mechanics of it so can't judge for this particular event. What I do know is that it didn't even cross my mind to do the Rivals during the Wild Life event as I knew I would at least spent 100K diamonds (150k+ in the end). Rivals in my opinion are a nice to have for freeloaders and casual spenders to give them a little edge. The passes are the income, excluding P2W and whales, not the Rivals in my opinion.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Doesn't mean it isn't bait, dangling right before your eyes. Same as the leagues are. Haven't noticed we are getting more of those now?
Is that wrong or bad in your opinion Agent? (just wondering as I'm not certain how you responded here)

It's still a free to play model so what you consider bait that I consider an offer is to be expected. It's up to everyone to decide what they want and do or don't. GbG is also a big "bait", toss x amount of diamonds for the buildings or wait 3 hours. Cultural events are also a bait, toss diamonds to finish or wait. Opening the entire map with diamonds in Space Ages for immediately running special resources is also a bait. Collecting your entire city in one go (be under 100 fps on the counter) is also a bait. It's optional, not a must have so it's everyone's call.

indywolf

Private
it was not the price i was complaing about as said above it is a choice it was more the fact that the last quest was not displayed untill you spent on quest 31

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
it was not the price i was complaing about as said above it is a choice it was more the fact that the last quest was not displayed untill you spent on quest 31

I think it was several questlines running rather than 1 leading upto that one and both the 4hr and 8hr where in one line, It felt more like the old Halloween event when you opened all the doll questlines at once and then tried to match them up on certain quests.

I think between this weeks and next weeks there will be enough upgrades for the druid hut so at least we have somewhere to gain the building to use the new upgrades on if you don't usually do St Pats.

Agent327

Overlord
Is that wrong or bad in your opinion Agent? (just wondering as I'm not certain how you responded here)

It's still a free to play model so what you consider bait that I consider an offer is to be expected. It's up to everyone to decide what they want and do or don't. GbG is also a big "bait", toss x amount of diamonds for the buildings or wait 3 hours. Cultural events are also a bait, toss diamonds to finish or wait. Opening the entire map with diamonds in Space Ages for immediately running special resources is also a bait. Collecting your entire city in one go (be under 100 fps on the counter) is also a bait. It's optional, not a must have so it's everyone's call.

Yes, it is still free to play, but there now is a big difference between how it is now and how it used to be. In the past, F2P players could easily keep up with P2P players as long as they were active. That has changed. In the past you had no problem getting the main building. You got the base, got the upgrades and in the end you could place the building and most of the time you had another base and maybe an upgrade left. Right now I have 3 base buildings in my inventory and still not enough upgrades to build the main. Silver and Gold chessts have been introduced and Silver and Gold upgrades. Sure you can get those through the main building as well, but by the time you have gathered enough there are already new and better buildings. The opportunity to get diamonds without buying them has been diminished significant. No, it is still not a must to buy diamonds, but the gap between F2P and P2P has become much bigger. Is it wrong or bad? I don't know, but what I do know that compared to how it was it has become a big money grab.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
You're not paying their bills, so easy with the constant complaints.
It is a growing issue with events that you absolutely need to research, look up the quest lists and know before you try to play whether it's even possible to go for completing quests or events, especially Rivals.

@indywolf has a valid point that you need to know the last 2 quests on that line cost 2600 pots of gold before you spend on either of the quests. And I can imagine being upset when you make the decision to spend thinking you have just one more to go, and then find it costs even more to do the last Rival quest.

for once Agent's right, haha, its a big money grab, and I find it very uncomfortable to have to put a Like on one his posts.
Excuse me, I need to go take a shower now LOL :lol:

Last edited:
Screwed out of my 1400 pots of gold to do 2 4 hour jumps anf then you jerks ask for an 8 hour skip for more pots of gold - you BASTARDS have gotten very thievish - BASTARDS

Nidwin

Sergeant
In the past, F2P players could easily keep up with P2P players as long as they were active.
That's not true. There's no way that a F2P could keep up with P2W, neither should it. Governor's villa, house of horrors, eagle mountains, those big rotation wheels, ... . F2P 1 every event, P2W many many of those buildings.
Silver and Gold chessts have been introduced and Silver and Gold upgrades. Sure you can get those through the main building as well, but by the time you have gathered enough there are already new and better buildings.
Yes and it creates a little gap between F2P and soft/light spenders. Toss 25€ for the gold pass on an event and you have one of each for free.
The opportunity to get diamonds without buying them has been diminished significant. No, it is still not a must to buy diamonds, but the gap between F2P and P2P has become much bigger. Is it wrong or bad? I don't know, but what I do know that compared to how it was it has become a big money grab.
The problem here too isn't between P2W and F2P but between F2P and light spenders and Inno needed to do something about it to avoid loosing the income of soft/light spenders. Passes to counter big diamond farms and revision of GE to avoid a massive, easy mode, diamond farming.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
That's not true. There's no way that a F2P could keep up with P2W,

Yes you could by being active.

You didn't need 2x or 10x event buildings, sniping covered fps lost by not having multiple buildings provided you built up your arc, plundering covered goods and even more fps, with the addition of AM and voyager, someone active could be buildings gbs up way faster than P2W and have goods/fps for techs etc easily.

Of course now they added GT which has restricted plundering but if you where active it was possible, it still is just not as easily.

What part are you referring to that F2P couldn't keep up with P2W? because its certainly not every part of the game so you must have a specific part you're thinking of that they couldn't.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Yes you could by being active.

You didn't need 2x or 10x event buildings, sniping covered fps lost by not having multiple buildings provided you built up your arc, plundering covered goods and even more fps, with the addition of AM and voyager, someone active could be buildings gbs up way faster than P2W and have goods/fps for techs etc easily.

Of course now they added GT which has restricted plundering but if you where active it was possible, it still is just not as easily.

What part are you referring to that F2P couldn't keep up with P2W? because its certainly not every part of the game so you must have a specific part you're thinking of that they couldn't.
The part you can't have the amount of top buildings compared to P2W because that's not possible.

edit 1
At this point in time the gap is quite big but it will shrink again over time when F2P will have a good amount of new buildings through coming events. What I see in my neighborhood and friends list is that F2Pers still have half of their city with old outdated event buildings or even more. P2W cities are now fully updated with the Past Year's event buildings. Some P2W cities have also already gotten rid of a lot of GB's, replaced by more global efficient event buildings, so here too it will take some time for F2P to catch up.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
The part you can't have the amount of top buildings compared to P2W because that's not possible.

That's the part nobody else cares about, it's achieving nothing, It's players few and far between that even bother to look at other players cities. It's literally creating an achievement that doesn't really matter, It's not a stat documented on any league table. Serious legend in your own lunchtime material.

Agent327

Overlord
You're not paying their bills, so easy with the constant complaints.

FoE surpassed 1 billion in lifetime revenue in 2023 and is estimated to have a revenue of 1 million each month. I don't think their bills are a problem.

Agent327

Overlord
That's not true. There's no way that a F2P could keep up with P2W, neither should it. Governor's villa, house of horrors, eagle mountains, those big rotation wheels, ... . F2P 1 every event, P2W many many of those buildings.

It is very much true. Very active players could even do better than P2P players. Rather obvious you are not playing that long. Maybe you should not comment on things you know nothing or very little about. You don't do St Pats, you don't do Rivals and yet you seem to think you know everything about it.

At this point in time the gap is quite big but it will shrink again over time when F2P will have a good amount of new buildings through coming events. What I see in my neighborhood and friends list is that F2Pers still have half of their city with old outdated event buildings or even more. P2W cities are now fully updated with the Past Year's event buildings. Some P2W cities have also already gotten rid of a lot of GB's, replaced by more global efficient event buildings, so here too it will take some time for F2P to catch up.

It has become impossible to shrink. With the number of Events and new buildings there is no catching up. Stats of the buildings you get when ending up in gold league are totally over the top and not just that, they also give fragments of buildings that are not that easy to get for others. Catching up has been made impossible.

Emberguard

Legend
At this point in time the gap is quite big but it will shrink again over time when F2P will have a good amount of new buildings through coming events.

If we're defining any gap by how much of our city is buildings introduced within the last 6 months, 1 year and 2 years mark - whether or not that's true is going to depend on a whole lot of factors that would be difficult to predict accurately.

We'd need to know what's coming up for the next 2 years to confidently say (a) how easy or hard it is to keep pace with Pay-to-Play and (b) how much of the Free-to-Play playerbase we can expect to be capable of achieving that.

I'm confident someone is going to have the experience and time leverage to keep pace no matter what. But that doesn't mean much if only one Free-to-Play player is able to do that

Otherwise what we have is speculation based on current trajectory. Based on current trajectory it'd take 2 years for a new player to set up a Jester Stage farm that can then be utilized on Spawners. 2 years is a lot of time to be setting up something just to make it easier to pivot into any new stuff. By then who knows what the game will look like.

Emberguard

Legend
can i ask a daft off topic question, what is a jester stage farm & how does it work

In the Fellowship Event the main Event Building was the Sunhaven Palace. This spawns Jesters Stage which gives Finish Special. For St. Patricks Event the Celtic Glassworks also provides Finish Special, but unfortunately there's no buildings to spawn Celtic Glassworks.

Use all the Finish Specials spawned via Jesters Stage on the Sunhaven Palace to create more Jesters Stage. Each Jesters Stage you get speeds up the process. For every 10 Jesters Stage in your city you'll have 1 Finish Special. For every 10 Finish Specials (roughly - it'll vary depending on the spawner) you should be able to obtain 1 Selection Kit for a main building if you can get a League Spawner

Note: You will need Self-Aid Kits for this. The Sunhaven Palace requires Aid to produce Fragments, as does the Jesters Stage. So 15 Lvl 1 Nutcrackers or 10 Lvl 2 Nutcrackers is crucial for Mass-Self Aid Kits, plus some source of singular Self-Aid kits

I'm aiming for 200 Jesters Stage. This will provide 20 Finish Specials per day. So as new Events are released and we gain new League Spawners, in theory if I can get into a League position with a spawner building, that'll allow me a fully leveled Event Building every 4-7 days depending on how many levels it needs

----
Edit: Just remembered I hadn't factored in Blue Galaxy for the Gold League spawner. Lol. With Blue Galaxy on the St. Patricks Apothecary from Gold League would provide an average of 26.52 fragments of the regular selection kit per production, or 15.6 without the Blue Galaxy bonus. 16 Blue Galaxy charges + 4 without the Blue Galaxy should yield about 486.72 fragments per day on a 200 Jester farm. 1,050 Fragments needed to reach Lvl 7 Celtic Tavern means you'd have a new Event building every 2.16 days if you use the Blue Galaxy.

You'd also have a collection of Silver and Gold Fragments during that time, but anything you're short by the Lvl 7 would be able to gather in its production cycle

If you're doing that same strategy on the Bronze League Apothecary then it increases to 6.7 days to create a Lvl 7 building and needing the Celtic Tavern to provide all the Silver and Gold Fragments
----

The most difficult part will be gaining new spawners from the Leagues. Ideally I'd like Gold League but that's difficult to get without setting up Diamond income, which you'd want to be setting up during those 2 years you're working on the Jesters Stage if you're going with that strategy. You'd also need to Age up during that time to increase the amount of Expansions available. I'm in Space Age Mars and the "farm" will take up half the city. By the time I'm in Titan that'll gain access to another 42(?) Expansions from what I have now and Quantum Incursions once introduced should also provide some more Expansions

In theory you could get it completed faster or aim for a smaller farm. 2 years is based on starting with just 1 Sunhaven Palace and aiming at 200 Jesters Stage. Completing 200 Jesters sooner would be dependent on how many alternate sources of Finish Special you're able to come across during that time, how many Sunhaven Palaces you started with, whether or not you had Trailside Smithy (Gold League building), how established the city was prior to starting and whether you remained focused in creating the Jester Stage farm or got distracted by other goals.

Last edited: