• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Day 2024 discussion

Kotemendo

Private
I cannot see what’s behind the minute timer. Something white.

Attachments

• IMG_4250.jpeg
    IMG_4250.jpeg
    669.6 KB · Views: 33
It is not explained very well that when you move to a new town you can't go back to your first (or at least I can't seem to be able to do it. Can someone enlighten me?). I had millions of shamrocks and now they seem to be lost and I'm back to 0 having spent pots of gold to upgrade my managers.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
No you can't go back on towns. You complete as many tasks as you can/want to, then build up shamrocks to the amount needed to complete the town and move onto the next. If you only had millions in shamrocks you where only on the tutorial town. The rest require 8.4Q shamrocks. You won't have hugely impacted by closing the town at 1m shamrocks just missed a few extra tasks.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
more prize bingo events i wonder why players dont spend there money on bingo sites ? as at least they would get a chance to win something worthwhile

No you can't go back on towns. You complete as many tasks as you can/want to, then build up shamrocks to the amount needed to complete the town and move onto the next. If you only had millions in shamrocks you where only on the tutorial town. The rest require 8.4Q shamrocks. You won't have hugely impacted by closing the town at 1m shamrocks just missed a few extra tasks.
Thanks for the clarification. As I said, it wasn't made clear by the game. In fact an arrow appeared pointing at the "Continue" button, even though I wasn't anywhere near completing the first town, which I think was misleading. As a result, I wasted pots of gold. Anyway... I know what to do now!

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Thanks for the clarification. As I said, it wasn't made clear by the game. In fact an arrow appeared pointing at the "Continue" button, even though I wasn't anywhere near completing the first town, which I think was misleading. As a result, I wasted pots of gold. Anyway... I know what to do now!
Inno tend to rely on external tutorials to explain most of their event mechanics properly. Half the time (especially with new events or new to you events) the announcement isn't very clear on what to do.

You can usually tell when it's not clear as they'll create YouTube tutorials to further explain, sometimes seeing it is easier than reading the announcements

Provided you didn't max out all managers with pots of gold you won't have impacted too much.

Agent327

Overlord

That arrow is part of what they consider to be the tutorial. You had gathered enough to finish the first town, cause as part of the tutorial the first one is a gift to show you how to continue.

joesoap

Major-General
i like this event as luck has very little to do with it (which is a bit ironic for an irish based event), the towns & the mechanics & tasks are the same for every1, its a case of finding a strategy & following it

Philodus

Corporal
In terms of being occupied with the event rather than waiting 8 hours to get a new ticket or 1 day to get more paper money, this event is well done. However, I am falling short on pots of gold to keep completing towns.

It also appears that getting the silver or golden upgrade for the main building is not intended for this event as they only begin at 525 progress! But until then we would get multiple copies of the main building (without all the upgrades) and platinum upgrade for the Archdruid hut.

Last edited:

fred54

Private
I understand that, once beyond the first town, I need 8.4Q shamrocks to move to the next town. But does this mean that I have to have that many in hand at the time I move, or just that I have to have produced that many while I’ve been in the town? If the latter, can I see a total anywhere?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I understand that, once beyond the first town, I need 8.4Q shamrocks to move to the next town. But does this mean that I have to have that many in hand at the time I move, or just that I have to have produced that many while I’ve been in the town? If the latter, can I see a total anywhere?

You need 8.4Q in stock, fully transported and in the total on the top left, If you press continue you'll see the central box with 8.4Q it'll change colour and become active when you have enough to complete the town and are able to move on.

Screenshot_20240227_085253_Forge of Empires.jpg

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I am falling short on pots of gold to keep completing towns.

If you have completed "towns" and it's only been running for 24hrs you're probably over spending on managers or end of town chests. You can complete the towns too fast sometimes and will run out of pots. Bear in mind you do not need to complete the full task list on every town, you can do some of the upgrade manager tasks but you do not need to do them all. Are you fully upto date with the questline to gain more pots?

There are some very good guides out there on the Web to help deciding on a strategy unfortunately we can't link them here. Keywords like St Patricks2024 and mooingcat will probably bring up some very good results that will help you a lot.

Last edited:

Philodus

Corporal
If you have completed "towns" and it's only been running for 24hrs you're probably over spending on managers or end of town chests. You can complete the towns too fast sometimes and will run out of pots. Bear in mind you do not need to complete the full task list on every town, you can do some of the upgrade manager tasks but you do not need to do them all. Are you fully upto date with the questline to gain more pots?

There are some very good guides out there on the Web to help deciding on a strategy unfortunately we can't link them here. Keywords like St Patricks2024 and mooingcat will probably bring up some very good results that will help you a lot.
I would think I am doing it right based on what you have suggested. I have currently completed 8 quests, I do around 25 tasks per town and move to the next and spend 350 pots opening 4 chests, upgrade managers no more than level 3. Doing this I still have a lack, saw the gold drop from 800 to 40 really quick and now I'm waiting for the 4h productions to finish to gain more.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I would think I am doing it right based on what you have suggested. I have currently completed 8 quests, I do around 25 tasks per town and move to the next and spend 350 pots opening 4 chests, upgrade managers no more than level 3. Doing this I still have a lack, saw the gold drop from 800 to 40 really quick and now I'm waiting for the 4h productions to finish to gain more.
Why are you opening 4 chests? Either open the free one only and move on, or open all 6 and get the extra prize. Anything else is a waste of pots.

There were only ever 2 strategies for this event, do a lot of towns and don't open chests, or do few towns and never advance until you have 1400 pots and open all chests. But now that upgrades aren't in the chests at the end of the town, there's really only 1 viable strategy: do as many towns as you can, only open the free chest, and save all your pots for doing more towns.

Philodus

Corporal
Why are you opening 4 chests? Either open the free one only and move on, or open all 6 and get the extra prize. Anything else is a waste of pots.

There were only ever 2 strategies for this event, do a lot of towns and don't open chests, or do few towns and never advance until you have 1400 pots and open all chests. But now that upgrades aren't in the chests at the end of the town, there's really only 1 viable strategy: do as many towns as you can, only open the free chest, and save all your pots for doing more towns.
I see. My strategy looks like it's in the middle. I thought that as opening up to 4 chests is not too costly, I would do that and proceed to the next town while getting some extra buildings/ trees on the way.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
In my main city I will be opening only the free chest and aim to finish as many cities as I can - usually one city every two or three days.

In my second city I had Celtic Glassworks level 1 in the six chests, so by opening all six I got the level 1 building and the selection kit that allowed me to upgrade it to level 2. In the following towns I will be opening only the free chest, but still, this is a 1400 Pots of Gold difference. It will be interesting to see if my second city will be able to get the main prize to max level, or if I made a mistake.

Philodus

Corporal
In my main city I will be opening only the free chest and aim to finish as many cities as I can - usually one city every two or three days.

In my second city I had Celtic Glassworks level 1 in the six chests, so by opening all six I got the level 1 building and the selection kit that allowed me to upgrade it to level 2. In the following towns I will be opening only the free chest, but still, this is a 1400 Pots of Gold difference. It will be interesting to see if my second city will be able to get the main prize to max level, or if I made a mistake.
Is it more important to get the main prize as opposed to other things in the chests such as the SA Hut, Archdruid Trees, Celtic GlassWx, etc?

Last edited: