• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2017

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm still working on my first set - fortunately there are more daily quests than I thought, but there's still a massive element of chance in acquiring specific missing buildings...

DeletedUser5180

I'm still waiting for a 2nd Sakura rock (preferably) or a pond to complete my set, I'm upto date with daily quests and only enough lanterns for 2 gold chests as twice I needed 4 attempts for the daily prize.... if I don't complete the set then hey-ho it's no big deal, I've still enjoyed the event and will be happy with what I've won...

ATM I've 5% attack boost, 3 daily fps from my partially completed set and another 3 from a bazaar and a SoK so it's been another GREAT event in my eyes

SpankMeHard

Corporal
INNO your own words say """you can access all the features of the game and play as long as you want for free""" ALL the FEATURES of the game obviously does not apply to the main prize of the Spring Event?

I cannot access the complete prize... I cannot access that feature -- I would like access to that feature for free please????

I completed the original quest in 3 - 4 days. You would think that this would give me some sort of advantage.... BUT NO!!!!!!!!!!!! By having quest limitation on the 2nd line of quests (daily completion of 1 quest) AND by having CHANCE GOVERN the ability to get all parts of the Cherry Set you eliminated the advantage of people completing the prize quickly or fully for the Spring Event.

I earned the maximum number of tulips possible for me through the chances given. I also spent EVERY single tulip, on chances to get parts of the Cherry Set. BUT I did not get the FULL Cherry Set.

Despite more than 12 attempts, at parts of the Cherry Set, I received only 1 part through the CHANCE GOVERNED system. If the Chances described were accurate, then I should have received 3 parts through the chance system. Instead I received FOUR Pagodas, of which on average I should have received ONE only. Your chance system seemed to be crappy for a significant number of players in my guild. Without access to this feature of the game, that is the FULL CHERRY SET, the Cherry Set is effectively a waste of time. Thank you for making the Spring Event a NON-EVENT.

As a result the main prize has been withheld, obviously; but I simply did not get access to this feature of the game for free, as you advertise.

INNO you obviously did not think this through. You effectively made completing the main quest line as quickly as possible, a NON-EVENT. Your Spring Event was a NON-EVENT!!!!! PATHETIC!!!!

This is because quick completion OR FULL COMPLETION gave no advantage in getting the full Cherry Set. In so doing, you have falsely advertised that we will have access to ALL features of the game.

DeletedUser110433

Sadly the % numbers are almost always wrong, there were people that got full set in less than a week, by just getting daily specs on all attempts, while others can still only dream about single piece even at this point of game.
Update on my Golden-Chest only progress:
11+1 Golden chests
1 x Lanterns; 2 x StoreKit; 4 x BPs [censored]; 1 x Daily spec; 2 x FPs; 1 x Pagoda; 1 x Medals

DeletedUser110433

P.S.
I had mentioned this before but en.wiki.forgeofempires STILL has no info on cherry event buildings!
For any refferences use google translate and german version of forge wiki.

DeletedUser

P.S.
I had mentioned this before but en.wiki.forgeofempires STILL has no info on cherry event buildings!
For any refferences use google translate and german version of forge wiki.
That wiki's useless for all but new players learning the very basics of the game imo. Was a complete waste of time creating a wiki that they didn't intend to update in a timely fashion. Use the fan created wiki http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Forge_of_Empires_Wiki. Unofficial but updated regularly and much more useful.

DeletedUser9168

INNO your own words say """you can access all the features of the game and play as long as you want for free""" ALL the FEATURES of the game obviously does not apply to the main prize of the Spring Event?

As a result the main prize has been withheld, obviously; but I simply did not get access to this feature of the game for free, as you advertise.

INNO you obviously did not think this through. You effectively made completing the main quest line as quickly as possible, a NON-EVENT. Your Spring Event was a NON-EVENT!!!!! PATHETIC!!!!

This is because quick completion OR FULL COMPLETION gave no advantage in getting the full Cherry Set. In so doing, you have falsely advertised that we will have access to ALL features of the game.

i completed the main quest line in all 10 of my worlds, and then moved on to the daily quests, where I am up-to-date in all but one world (where i do not wish to research a technology, but am still opening chests using lanterns gained daily from town hall and trees). In 7 of the 10 worlds i have complete cherry garden sets, and am hopeful for the remaining 3 worlds. I have not spent a single diamond on the event and have much enjoyed the variety of quests, the random cherry trees appearing in the city and the event overall. Luck plays a large part in opening the chests - i have almost entirely restricted myself to opening the gold chests, and only on days where i wanted the daily special reward. other days i saved the blossoms. If i don't gain a full set of buildings in every world, I will still have had a great event overall - and all played for FREE!
If you don't like an event, or events in general - don't play them. they are added extras to the main game - which you can also play perfectly well for free - just needs a bit more patience.

DeletedUser

You are just deliberately misinterpreting the dynamic of a freemium game in order to bemoan your bad luck. Have you seriously never played one before? It is free to play the game, including the events and in doing so, you have a chance to win special prizes. Not all prizes are guaranteed. Where did you get the impression that completing the quests quickly would give you an advantage in winning the set?

DeletedUser110433

That wiki's useless for all but new players learning the very basics of the game imo. Was a complete waste of time creating a wiki that they didn't intend to update in a timely fashion. Use the fan created wiki http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Forge_of_Empires_Wiki. Unofficial but updated regularly and much more useful.
I am well aware of the site, problem is that`s a fan site of FoE not official one, and mods hate when someone refers to it. A ridiculous situation, when you can`t provide public help because it`s not a trusted link (from FoE view) but can`t give any FoE link ether.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I stopped using that site. It is good for information but also has the occasional pop up advert that takes over my phone browser and won't let me shut it down. Shame as for information it's great but I Google any questions I have now and avoid wikia links in the results.

DeletedUser

I am well aware of the site, problem is that`s a fan site of FoE not official one, and mods hate when someone refers to it. A ridiculous situation, when you can`t provide public help because it`s not a trusted link (from FoE view) but can`t give any FoE link ether.
Very ridiculous situation indeed but until such time as the official wiki is updated in a useful timeframe and not weeks after, they don't leave us with much of an option. No, you probably can't post links to it in global as with any external unverified site, but it could still prove useful in private communication or for your own information; of course, you should always remind folks that it's unofficial as a disclaimer.
I stopped using that site. It is good for information but also has the occasional pop up advert that takes over my phone browser and won't let me shut it down. Shame as for information it's great but I Google any questions I have now and avoid wikia links in the results.
Yeah, it's a shame that it's not a site optimised for mobile use; with an ad-blocker on PC browser, it's tolerable enough to use but not much good for app users etc. Google is a good option too! Better than the useless official wiki anywho.

DeletedUser110654

I wasn't very optimistic after the first two weeks (actually was slightly frustrated, don't really like events where you put in effort and it still comes down to random luck), because I was kinda unlucky in opening the golden chests and with maximum two tries left, I was still missing the Emperor's entrance. But, I completed the set cherry garden set yesterday, got the entrance from the 1st golden chest I opened! Thank you very much for this great set, I really like the cherry garden set.

DeletedUser107049

Got to admit I have enjoyed this event...the pink tree is easier to see and find, the prizes has been good and sufficient. I have a set on 4 of my 7 worlds. Thanks. Hope summer event is just as good :)

SpankMeHard

Corporal
You are just deliberately misinterpreting the dynamic of a freemium game in order to bemoan your bad luck. Have you seriously never played one before? It is free to play the game, including the events and in doing so, you have a chance to win special prizes. Not all prizes are guaranteed. Where did you get the impression that completing the quests quickly would give you an advantage in winning the set?

Sorry diamond bandit.... did not mean to offend. Or are excusing poor planning, where quests enable prizes? Put simply quests enable prizes to be won, if you complete the quest you get the prize

Effective (fast or full or both fast and full) completion of quests always leads to better outcomes in just about ANY quest or other game ever played in the history of humankind.... So when you have a feature of winning a prize for the completion of quests, the prize should be won and not just possibly won.

Luck is not normally a MASSIVE part of any strategy game.... It was for this Spring NON-EVENT / Spring poorly planned event.

Last edited:

SpankMeHard

Corporal
I have not spent a single diamond on the event and have much enjoyed the variety of quests, the random cherry trees appearing in the city and the event overall.

This part of the event was fine for me too.....

Luck plays a large part in opening the chests - i have almost entirely restricted myself to opening the gold chests, and only on days where i wanted the daily special reward. other days i saved the blossoms. If i don't gain a full set of buildings in every world, I will still have had a great event overall - and all played for FREE!

I did restrict myself completely to the gold chests only, not 1 tulip spent elsewhere.... I also restricted myself to the gold chests that only had a part of the Cherry Set as the Grand Prize.... So every single tulip was spent on an attempt to get the FULL SET.

But despite this, unlike yourself, I did not get the Cherry Set at all. So when they make a claim that you can play ALL features for free, it is obviously ALL features except for this KEY one. Inno's actual claim is ALL.

If you don't like an event, or events in general - don't play them. they are added extras to the main game - which you can also play perfectly well for free - just needs a bit more patience.

It's about getting the prize for the event --- the prize being the feature --- AND
ALL features being available to free players --- as advertised --- AND
Despite the best that can be expected playing of the game ALL features were not made available.

So Inno have not lived up to their claim of ALL features in a key feature that gives players abilities to complete the game.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
You are just deliberately misinterpreting the dynamic of a freemium game

No I am quoting their advertised ability....
Inno state """ALL features""", in this case it was not possible.

Not all prizes are guaranteed. Where did you get the impression that completing the quests quickly would give you an advantage in winning the set?

Access to prizes is a FEATURE of the game. ALL FEATURES are meant to be available according to their own words. Unless I BOUGHT diamonds I did not have access to this feature.

Not all prizes are guaranteed.
True as in nearly every other game in history, IF you don't complete the stated needs to fulfill the prize.

I did complete and without spending money I also used EVERY SINGLE TULIP on the 120 Tulip Gold Chest to MAXIMIZE the chance of getting the full feature of the game """Cherry Garden Set""".

In other words, I played fairly, properly and completely and the feature of the game was withheld. As a result ALL features were not made available is most definitely a fair statement.

DeletedUser110179

Just found 2 Cherry Blossom Trees in my city just after midnight, after the Daily Special change etc. Do Cherry Blossoms spawn randomly at this time?
The trees spawn at 1 o'clock (same time as new quests and daily specials).

Edit: My 1 o'clock ... your midnight.

I knew someone would say that events are optional ....
everything in the game is optional...including playing it
Perhaps it's more about being a leader or a follower. We can play the game blindly ... or actively participate in canvasing for changes and improvements. People may call it "making the game easier" but changes can better improve the gaming experience for everyone.

I'm no game-guru or inventor ... and avoid fixing something that isn't broke.

It's all good ♣

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

Does anyone know if the "cherry garden concept" will be implemented in the GE ?

I won a Sacred Sky Watch and Fountain of Youth in the GE ... which mimic Shrine of Knowledge and Wishing Well (although SSW uses a 50% bigger floor space). It's not inconceivable that FoE plan to offer a unique GE-garden reward for level 4 GE (collectable in pieces).

It's all good ♠

SpankMeHard

Corporal
i completed the main quest line in all 10 of my worlds, and then moved on to the daily quests, where I am up-to-date in all but one world (where i do not wish to research a technology, but am still opening chests using lanterns gained daily from town hall and trees). In 7 of the 10 worlds i have complete cherry garden sets, and am hopeful for the remaining 3 worlds.

You make a good point that in 3 of the worlds you did not receive the full set.... And in 1 of the worlds you did not complete all the quests....
I did complete ALL quests....

You make the point of getting the trees with ADDITIONAL LANTERNS.
I did too and averaged 1 lantern per tree for the first half of the main quest line. I actually celebrated the day when I got my first 3 and 10, because the random nature had been so not random.

I have not spent a single diamond on the event and have much enjoyed the variety of quests, the random cherry trees appearing in the city and the event overall. Luck plays a large part in opening the chests - i have almost entirely restricted myself to opening the gold chests, and only on days where i wanted the daily special reward. other days i saved the blossoms.

You make the point of mostly opening the gold chests.
I ONLY opened gold chests.

You make the point of """only on days where I wanted the daily special reward"""
Only on days where Cherry Set pieces were on offer for me was when I used the lanterns. Not ONCE was it spent at another time, because I did not have spare lanterns. See the ADDITIONAL LANTERNS comment above.

If i don't gain a full set of buildings in every world, I will still have had a great event overall - and all played for FREE!

But you did gain full sets despite NOT maximizing your chances. I maximized my chances and missed the full set.

The events and the prizes in them are features of what is advertised as a strategy game. These features make the strategy game unique and normally good. BUT Inno make a claim that you can play ALL features of the strategy game for free, but this clearly was not the case here.

By introducing CHANCE into what is advertised as a strategy game, and then making chance a MASSIVE part of winning a feature of the game ""The Cherry Garden Set"", they are automatically introducing that certain players will not be able to play ALL features of a strategy game for free.

DeletedUser110419

Access to prizes is a FEATURE of the game. ALL FEATURES are meant to be available according to their own words. Unless I BOUGHT diamonds I did not have access to this feature....

Guaranteed prizes are not a "feature of the game". You can state your non-fact over and over, but it is still just your opinion.

1) Your complaint is unjustified on the basis that the EVENT IS NOT OVER. To claim you didn't get the prize is meaningless as there is still time left in the event to do so.

2) The prize will be available in future events. Just because you didn't get a particular prize RIGHT NOW doesn't mean you won't get it in the future. In any case, your strategy for obtaining the prize could be sub-optimal and you may never get the prize.

3) There are some aspects of this game which require strategy, there are other aspects which require luck. Getting certain prizes (whether in events, GE, Treasure Hunt, etc.) entails luck. In fact, one could say that luck is a feature of this game.

Good luck to you, sir.