• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2017

joesoap

Major-General
INNO your own words say """you can access all the features of the game and play as long as you want for free""" ALL the FEATURES of the game obviously does not apply to the main prize of the Spring Event?
if you want to class buildings as features then all features have never been free, every age has buildings that can only be purchased for diamonds, surely you have noticed this before now so cant really start to argue now that buildings are features

DeletedUser97048

How ridiculous getting the Daily Prize was today.
15 Gold Chest (after buying more Diamonds) before it grudgingly gave itself up:

lantern, store, bp, lantern, store, fp, reno, lantern, medal, reno, medal, store, lantern, pagoda, POND.

DeletedUser110195

I'd love to get that many lantern hits....open enough chests and you get the entire set whether you complete the quests or not, whether your luck sucks so hard you could walk down a city street with skyscrapers lining both sides with ground rods on all of them and you get hit by a lightning bolt.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Now that the event is over, when will we be able to get that unattainable pond? Or other individual buildings?
It is bugging me big time that I couldn't get that single piece.
5 times I picked the biggest chest where the probability is the greatest and I got stuff with stupidly low odds that I have no need for...

All 13 times I used the Gold Chest and didn't get it either.....

Be prepared to be mocked by the employees or diamond muppets on here, for expressing this view.

SpankMeHard

Corporal

lantern, store, bp, lantern, store, fp, reno, lantern, medal, reno, medal, store, lantern, pagoda, POND.

I totally agree with you. .....

This is what my posts were implying above.

That the CHANCE based system used, could lead to people not being able to attain this feature of the game without spending real money....

Chance by definition excludes "all features" for free like they advertise. As for you; did the CHANCE based system opens itself up to abuse? Abuse like, where your Pond became available because you made a purchase.

In other words, this feature was not available for free...... Like Inno claim.

Last edited:

SpankMeHard

Corporal
if you want to class buildings as features then all features have never been free, every age has buildings that can only be purchased for diamonds, surely you have noticed this before now so cant really start to argue now that buildings are features

This is what you are saying;
The Spring Event is a feature of the game.
The prize is a feature of the Spring Event.....

BUT the prize is not a feature of the game?????

Your lack of logic is astounding....

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I managed to have every piece for the set apart from the pond 2 days into the event. Saved every lantern from both sets of quests, used only on days when pond available. Finally completed my set today.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
I managed to have every piece for the set apart from the pond 2 days into the event. Saved every lantern from both sets of quests, used only on days when pond available. Finally completed my set today.

Yes I needed Emperor's Entrance to complete my set for most of the quest, knowing that the Gong was coming at the end of the first set of quests.

In the end I will have to be satisfied with 4 out of 5 pieces.... Unless another way of getting the pieces (without paying for them) becomes available......

It is really PATHETIC that chance beats a person in what is advertised as a strategy game.

DeletedUser110433

Inno should award themselves a medal of [Censored] the unlucky folks... another event for me with horrible odds.
I still hold grudge for Carnival event with impossible odds for me, and now this Spring event.
No Renos, no 1-Ups, no cherry buildings from boxes, just a single Bazaar and tons of BPs (at least 6 times). Without jokes, last time i had nice fortune with chance events was Summer event in August 2016.... !
Well this is definitely a strategy game for me... strategy to survive without any luck.

DeletedUser110179

WRONG
The only reason it would be sub-optimal is because chance did not fall my way.

The game is called a Strategy Game. not a Monopoly game or any other game of chance.
Statistically, Bronze chests have a higher probability of winning daily specials (ie more bang for your lanterns).
(See Simulator: http://sebastus.tiddlyspot.com/) also (Wiki: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2017_Spring_Event)

Even Monopoly requires a degree of skill.

The whole point of having a set is that it's comprised of pieces ... some players accumulated more than 5 gardens, others one and still others only a few pieces. It's a journey, collecting is fun ... more pieces down the road (ie the rocky road).

It's all good 个

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

In the end I will have to be satisfied with 4 out of 5 pieces.... Unless another way of getting the pieces (without paying for them) becomes available.......
According to FoE on Facebook: " You will have all buildings available outside of the event in the near future ... "

DeletedUser9168

i had just enough lanterns left to open 3 gold chests on Avrahall this morning
20 FPs, pond, pond!
finished with complete sets on 10 out of 11 worlds and not a diamond spent on any (decided to refrain spending 600 diamonds to open one more chest on the world i failed on)
great fun event in my book. thanks INNO

DeletedUser11899

So the Gong of Wisdom only appeared as a main prize once, whereas the other pieces appeared repeatedly

What was the logic behind that, I saved all my lanterns for a second gong, and now it's not going to come.

no, I have 2 Gong in my city, it appeared on daily special some days ago

SpankMeHard

Corporal
A feature is a "prominent or conspicuous part or characteristic"

Where do you get the word prominent from to describe the term ""ALL features""?

My one grey hair on the back of my neck IS ONE feature of me from ALL the features of me.... But it is far from prominent.

My sunken wisdom tooth, is a feature of me, but it is far from prominent. So "A feature is a part of the game".

Last edited:

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Statistically, Bronze chests have a higher probability of winning daily specials (ie more bang for your lanterns).
Explain this to me, cause I am a qualified Math teacher. I will understand what you say.

120 Lanterns Gold Chests produces a 25% chance which worked out to be 3 Cherry Set pieces should have been won as I stated.

40 Lanterns Bronze Chest produces a 7% chance.

Each chest is a separate event to the other. So you should be able to simply add the chance the number of times you get an ESTIMATION of the likelihood you will get Cherry Set pieces.....
P(E) = P(E1) + P(E2) + ...... + P(En)

13 Gold Chests = 13 lots of 0.25 = 3.25 pieces

(if you then take into account the proportion of times it returns 200 lanterns to give you an increased number of goes, on average you would get 3.9 pieces of the Cherry Set.

39 Bronze Chests = 39 lots of 0.07 = 2.73 pieces

(if you then take into account the proportion of time it returns 70 lanterns to give you Bronze Chest attempts, on average you would get 3.514 pieces of the Cherry Set.

However, you would then need to take into account the likelihood of the return of more lanterns, of which the Bronze Chests would have a higher rate of return of lanterns (than the Gold).... Thereby increasing the number of additional chests to open, however, the website you point to says within its results that it does not take this into account.

In looking at the code source, of the referenced page, it appears to assume that in the final attempt, that people taking Gold Chests would not be able to take a Silver Chest attempt nor would they be able to take Bronze Chest attempt. This would obviously not be the case, for the Gold Chest attempt only.

So can you explain it, to a person that is likely to understand it? Because the basic probability outlined above would suggest your website reference is lacking.

However, THANKS for your response, because you make sense out of the alternative view rather than simply saying ""well this happened for me"".

A feature is a "prominent or CONSPICUOUS part or characteristic". The Cherry Garden Set is not a feature of this game. Guild Expedition is a feature of the game. PvP and GvG are features of the game. Prizes that can be won during an event may be features of the event, but they are not features of the game.

WRONG, you are omitting the word conspicuous in your demonstration of ALL features of the game. Additionally, Inno make a point of saying ""ALL features"", not just "a feature".

Quit trying to twist the meaning of the word

NOTE you did exactly what you claim I am doing, in omitting the word conspicuous in your demonstration of features of the game..... OR maybe you need to know what conspicuous means.

Therefore the Cherry Garden Set IS a feature of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Oh we need an extra large shipment of cheese for all this whine. Oh boo hoo you didn't get a full garden set, get over it, a lot of people didn't either. I got it on 3/6 worlds. No, prizes from an event are not features of the game, they are EXTRAS , you are not guaranteed to get them. Just because the garden set is insanely valuable does not mean you were denied something by Inno just because the odds were not in your favor.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
whether your luck sucks so hard you could walk down a city street with skyscrapers lining both sides with ground rods on all of them and you get hit by a lightning bolt.
That was basically my "luck" for the game..... However, this is why I am saying that as soon as you involve CHANCE in the game, Inno cannot truly show that ALL FEATURES of the game are made available for FREE, like they advertise. This is especially the case in a strategy game.

DeletedUser110668

Inno cannot truly show that ALL FEATURES of the game are made available for FREE, like they advertise.
I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.
Where does INNO state that "all features are available for free"?

Was hoping that maybe there was something else there regarding quests and such and what INNO defines as a feature.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.
Where does INNO state that "all features are available for free"?
Was hoping that maybe there was something else there regarding quests and such and what INNO defines as a feature.

I actually copied it from an advertisement (picture). So you probably won't find it with basic searches... --- It was something like ""access all features for free"".

But this is now only QUOTED from their help section
you can access all the features of the game and play as long as you want for free
https://support.innogames.com/faq/article?article=56

It was simply once on their main page -- but haven't looked their in a while -- ....
https://en0.forgeofempires.com/page/