• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2017

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Guaranteed prizes are not a "feature of the game". You can state your non-fact over and over, but it is still just your opinion.

The prize is a feature of the game for completing the Spring Quest full stop.

1) Your complaint is unjustified on the basis that the EVENT IS NOT OVER. To claim you didn't get the prize is meaningless as there is still time left in the event to do so.
The event has 1 more attempt with lanterns to get a Cherry Set part.... On the basis that 13 Gold Chest attempts returned 1 Cherry Set piece I am betting that the last attempt will return something other than the Cherry Set... I may be prove wrong on this

2) The prize will be available in future events. Just because you didn't get a particular prize RIGHT NOW doesn't mean you won't get it in the future. In any case, your strategy for obtaining the prize could be sub-optimal and you may never get the prize.
WRONG
The only reason it would be sub-optimal is because chance did not fall my way.

3) There are some aspects of this game which require strategy, there are other aspects which require luck. Getting certain prizes (whether in events, GE, Treasure Hunt, etc.) entails luck. In fact, one could say that luck is a feature of this game.

The game is called a Strategy Game. not a Monopoly game or any other game of chance.

Additionally when the ""chance"" is managed in the optimal manner like I did this time through it almost never provides the results it provided me. I would love to see the Bell Curve on how Cherry Set pieces were ""randomly"" distributed according to their advertised chance, because I would bet that I lay outside third standard deviation if a distribution exists.

DeletedUser

The prize is a feature of the game for completing the Spring Quest full stop.
The prize for completing the final quest of main Event questline is the Gong of Wisdom. There is no prize for finishing the event. Nor was any specific prize advertised as being granted to you simply for participating.

Know what? Go ahead and sue them for false advertising, buddy. I'd PAY to see how that goes down. You're clearly never to going to listen to reason here.

Last edited by a moderator:

joesoap

Major-General
the only real issue i had with this quest was in the 2nd set of daily quests, quest 13 was scout a province so i sent my scout off & he discovered the ME map. Quest 15 was infiltrate 5 sectors so i sent my scout off to the 1st province in ME, but when i got there the 1st province only had 4 sectors so i had to infiltrate those & acquire the province & send my scout off for a 3rd time to find another province so i could infiltrate a 5th sector...if there arent enough sectors to infiltrate in a newly scouted province i think it would be more convenient to have the quest read...infiltrate X amount of sectors or every sector in a province

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Nope - you blew it right there. It would be more accurate to say "The chance for a prize is a feature of the game for completing the Spring Event", but even then you'd have to really twist the meaning of the word "feature".
WRONG
The mere fact that there is a CHANCE excludes the word ALL.... and therefore the term ALL FEATURES as they advertise.

That

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Where does these noobs even come from? (facepalm)

Really???? The mere fact that they use the word chance says they are excluding ALL. That ain't hardto comprehend.

As a result of """chance""" it opens what is a strategy game, to manipulation of the playing.

DeletedUser110195

So basically, you want everything just handed to you. You don't want to play the game, at all, you want it played for you. I hate that my luck has been exceptionally terrible this event, I think the lanterns could've stood to be given out by quests a little heavier, but not much, but if your luck is terrible, and you want the garden set, there is a path for you. Spend diamonds and you'll get all the lanterns you need to get a complete set. Asking for the game to be played for you is as ridiculous as wanting it to be so hard that it's basically a second job.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
So basically, you want everything just handed to you.
Ridiculous statement of the year.
Asking for the game to be played for you is as ridiculous as wanting it to be so hard that it's basically a second job.

That is clearly not what I am asking, and your assertion is truly the ridiculously false statement.

I COMPLETED ALL main line quests, much more quickly than many others (4 days in total) AND have completed all quests of the daily spring quest line. This type of completion would normally give an advantage.
I maximized CHANCE to win all Cherry Set Parts, by ONLY spending lanterns on GOLD chests and ONLY when Cherry Set pieces were available. This definitely is not asking for things just to be handed to me.

You could not have optimised the completion of the quests and the attempt to get Cherry Set pieces any better than what I did. Considering this, the only way to improve my chances would have been to spend money to get the prize based features.

But the game advertises ALL features are available for free. This is clearly not the case.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
The prize for completing the final quest of main Event questline is the Gong of Wisdom. There is no prize for finishing the event. Nor was any specific prize advertised as being granted to you simply for participating.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/spring-event.33267/

The fact that there is more than a gong of wisdom as the prize is obvious as repeatedly stated that they are gotten through the chests. But that's a peripheral issue.

The fact is that the full set is a feature of the game. If you optimised your play, to complete everything in the best possible way, then the feature should be available as advertised. Pretty simple really....

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I see the event only has another 2 days to run. I completed today's quest which was to donate 20 points to a great building or finish a technology. I see the wiki says there should be another three quests but since they are only released on a daily basis how can I complete them all if the event ends before the last quest? Or is the wiki wrong about the number of quests remaining. I know it is not an official wiki but it does seem to be more up to date than the official one.

DeletedUser16112

The fact is that the full set is a feature of the game.

Is winning a feature of a lottery? Do you complain when you buy a lottery ticket and don't win? Should everyone that buys a lottery ticket expect to win?

I mean, I can understand (and agree on) the opinion that a chance-based reward system is less enjoyable than a skill based system where you can get a "completion" if you play it smart, but that's a whole different argument.

The feature of this event is a lottery, whatever we feel about lotteries in games it is unquestionable that everyone gets this feature.

DeletedUser96901

actually it is a feature of the event that you play it complete in the best possible way and don't get a complete set

DeletedUser102853

I've spent loads of Diamonds because I missed the 1st Emperors Entrance, I then saved as many Lanterns as possible (100's) and still had to buy diamonds twice to still not have an Emperor's Entrance. Completed all the quest so far, so I definitely think this is a money making exercise and certainly not free. I for one won't be buying Diamonds again.

DeletedUser5180

Where does these noobs even come from? (facepalm)
Some folks just can't listen to reason or see another's point of view through their narrow mindedness.

At the end of the day ALL players were given the same quests, ALL players then get rewarded the same (lanterns) then they ALL open chests where luck plays a part, whether they have good or bad luck they all got the same opportunity to win

End of story

DeletedUser9168

this discussion thread seems to have been taken over by a particular player and his non-acceptance of luck playing a part in which rewards he wins.
the only real issue i had with this quest was in the 2nd set of daily quests, quest 13 was scout a province so i sent my scout off & he discovered the ME map. Quest 15 was infiltrate 5 sectors so i sent my scout off to the 1st province in ME, but when i got there the 1st province only had 4 sectors so i had to infiltrate those & acquire the province & send my scout off for a 3rd time to find another province so i could infiltrate a 5th sector...if there arent enough sectors to infiltrate in a newly scouted province i think it would be more convenient to have the quest read...infiltrate X amount of sectors or every sector in a province
I'd like to add my support to this proposal, because scouting takes long enough in the later ages, and then to find you have scouted a province which contains fewer sectors than are needed for completing the quest is a bit rough. obviously if you have already acquired or infiltrated sectors of the province prior to beginning the quest, you may need to scout on further, but if it is an untouched new province, i think you should not need to infiltrate more than the total number of sectors it contains. in some ages you are able to have several provinces on the go at once, so you could do three in one and 2 in another, but in several places you can't scout until you have completed the only province already scouted.
i, too, forgot that sending my scout off in the ship to a new continent would not open up a new province without a second scouting period on arrival - but that could have been predicted. the number of sectors within an unscouted province is unknown until scouting is completed.

DeletedUser100832

So the Gong of Wisdom only appeared as a main prize once, whereas the other pieces appeared repeatedly

What was the logic behind that, I saved all my lanterns for a second gong, and now it's not going to come.

DeletedUser110666

Now that the event is over, when will we be able to get that unattainable pond? Or other individual buildings?
It is bugging me big time that I couldn't get that single piece.
5 times I picked the biggest chest where the probability is the greatest and I got stuff with stupidly low odds that I have no need for...

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Is winning a feature of a lottery? Do you complain when you buy a lottery ticket and don't win? Should everyone that buys a lottery ticket expect to win?

The Lottery does not advertise that you will have access to ALL features of the Lottery simply because you purchased a ticket... They often have terms like """wouldn't it be nice" or "you COULD have it all" or etc....

DeletedUser110419

The Lottery does not advertise that you will have access to ALL features of the Lottery simply because you purchased a ticket... They often have terms like """wouldn't it be nice" or "you COULD have it all" or etc....

A feature is a "prominent or conspicuous part or characteristic". The Cherry Garden Set is not a feature of this game. Guild Expedition is a feature of the game. PvP and GvG are features of the game. Prizes that can be won during an event may be features of the event, but they are not features of the game. Quit trying to twist the meaning of the word just because it suits you to do so. Grow up!