• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2017

DeletedUser11899

So day 2 (right!)...is there still a chance to get the complete set of the Cherry Garden!...I missed the emperor piece yesterday....that and the pond piece are the only 2 elusive pieces of the set right!..

Dont worry, if you missed the Emperor you'll have new chances to get your missing pieces bcos they will appear on the Daily Special, one more time at least. Fortunatelly there're still many days left.

DeletedUser110433

Did the maths on Pagoda... [censored] piece of [censored]. And here I thought Renaissance Villa was bad....
R. Villa had 2/3 of Ziggurat population and happy PER TILE, Pagoda has 1/2 PER TILE. Even without comparison to same effect building - Ziggurat, normal residences are better than this.
Another thing... I had to go to GERMAN official wiki to get the data on this. It`s the 4th day of the event get your act together Inno, and update your own ENGLISH wiki!

DeletedUser109096

One Story Pagoda gives 1580 population, same happiness and 96k coins in Oceanic Age...most players goes for buildings efficiency but some (city builders) likes their city's look nice. So it's up to you to build it or not...but looks good tho.

DeletedUser109385

I don't really care about the new Japanese themed buildings, I only care about their boosts;)

DeletedUser5180

I don't really care about the new Japanese themed buildings, I only care about their boosts;)
I think most players will agree that for a 5x5 space the Japanese themed buildings (as a set) gives avesome boosts... there is even a choice as none fighters can boost their city defense with a pond as part of the set and fighters can go for 2 rocks and get 10% attack boost.

If you add that attack boost to the recent chess board then that's a lot of attack boost given out by inno recently and most players won't find much to moan about (hopefully)

I'm personally hoping this event is seen as a big success by most players and positive feedback leads to more events where sets of buildings can be collected and grouped together for great rewards

IMO this event gets a massive thumbs up so far

DeletedUser11899

I'm personally hoping this event is seen as a big success by most players and positive feedback leads to more events where sets of buildings can be collected and grouped together for great rewards

Wait for the feedback by the unlucky ones to come, I'm afraid they wont think the event has been a big success for them :D

DeletedUser110433

One Story Pagoda gives 1580 population, same happiness and 96k coins in Oceanic Age...most players goes for buildings efficiency but some (city builders) likes their city's look nice. So it's up to you to build it or not...but looks good tho.
I can understand giving a little slack to performance in favor to good design, BUT you do realize i could even out OF Pagoda with TE buildings? I have some old and useless stuff in my city as well, but having Pagoda in my city would be telling ''good job Inno'' and you see it`s not true in this case.

DeletedUser109950

As I expected the announcement here is basically the same as the beta server so let me add my experience and missing information that we found out on our own (after 11 days of playing this event on beta).

1. Spring Lantern counter. This shows how many Lanterns you currently have. The main way to get Lanterns are the Spring quests. You can also get a few Lanterns from cherry trees (1 or 3 or rarely 10) that will show up in the wilderness around your city when you open a chest or complete a quest. Alternatively, you can also use Diamonds. Finish the main questline (25 quests) as fast as you can!, this way, once you've completed the main questline, you'll get additional quests (one a day till the end of the event) which give you some valuable lanterns. Save and use your lanterns wisely!

2. Chests. There are three of them: bronze, silver and gold. Each of them contains different rewards and you have to pay with Lanterns to get one of them! Hover over the chest of your choice to see what prizes are available for you to win. To see what a more detailed description of each prize, click the '?' icon. Among the rewards, you will find not only buildings from the previous events, but also a few new items! More about them below :). Dont get confused, the One-Storey Pagoda premium building in the gold chest IS NOT A PIECE OF THE CHERRY GARDEN. Dont waste your first lanterns just to get this building!

3. Daily Special. This is a particularly valuable reward. It's available in every chest and changes every day. The chances of getting the Daily Special differ from chest to chest: bronze (7%), silver (13%) and gold (25%). The Nishikigoi Pond and Emperor's Entrance WILL BOTH APPEAR HERE DAYS LATER. In the meantime build up as many lanterns as you can to be able to get both without spending diamonds!

4. The Grand Prize. Every time you open a chest you will also get cherry blossoms which fill up the Grand Prize progress bar. Once this is completely filled up you will get the Grand Prize. You can get the Grand Prize multiple times (it will change to a new one), as the bar will reset when you reach the goal. The Sakura Rock is the first Grand Prize but dont be in a hurry to get it!. You'll get the Sakura Rock automatically after opening some chests everytime you need to do it. Dont do it the first day of event!

Order of appearance of Cherry Garden Pieces on the Daily Special:

1st. Nishikigoi Pond
2nd. Emperor's Entrance
3rd. Sakura Rock (get this second Sakura Rock if you want to have a +10% attack boost instead of +5%!)
4th. Zen Zone
5th. Nishikigoi Pond (again)
6th. Gong of Wisdom (yeah!)
7th. ???

And last but not least this is from beta so 'things may change'! LoL

DeletedUser109950

I am currently at a standstill in the quest because the next task is going to take me ages to achieve. If I want to buy some cherry blossoms with diamonds, how and where on the screen do I go to do this?
Also, are any cherry blossoms ever randomly allocated quite apart from opening chests or completing quests?

DeletedUser

I am currently at a standstill in the quest because the next task is going to take me ages to achieve. If I want to buy some cherry blossoms with diamonds, how and where on the screen do I go to do this?
Also, are any cherry blossoms ever randomly allocated quite apart from opening chests or completing quests?
You can't actually buy cherry blossoms directly; you can only buy Spring Lanterns in order to fill up the cherry blossom meter in the main event window. You can find Lanterns, not cherry blossoms, as a reward for completing quests and in the chests. You also collect them from cherry blossom trees that spawn in your surrounding city whenever you complete a quest and when you open chests, and from your Town Hall when your daily bonus is ready.

DeletedUser109950

I see what you mean. Where do I go to buy some more Spring Lanterns with diamonds then? I can't see them for sale in the shop or elsewhere

joesoap

Major-General
in the event page where you open chests, there is a gold + button beside the number of lanterns that you have, click this

DeletedUser109950

Joesoap thank you for your explanation about locating the diamonds - very useful!

DeletedUser110666

Hi,
I was wondering, how is it that the grand prizes of the Spring Event include buildings that are not part of the "Zen garden"?
Also, I've opened many chests, never getting a spring event building. Aren't the chances of getting one too low?

I think that new players will have extreme difficulties getting anywhere close to getting more than one zen building...

Looking forward to read your thoughts.

DeletedUser653

yes

Edut: boosts stay til you use them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108219

Hi,
I was wondering, how is it that the grand prizes of the Spring Event include buildings that are not part of the "Zen garden"?
Also, I've opened many chests, never getting a spring event building. Aren't the chances of getting one too low?

I think that new players will have extreme difficulties getting anywhere close to getting more than one zen building...

Looking forward to read your thoughts.

I think the whole event is badly put together. I have finished all the quests in just a couple of days. Saved all my Lantern`s to obtain one of the main event buildings and ended up with 2 x 5 Blueprints, 2 x 7000 medals and 2 x pagoda`s. Fair enough was unlucky but Blueprints and medals are not really a reward in my book. Anyway brought some diamonds and changed them for Lantern`s to try and get the main building and still failed. 25 % chance of winning hmmm I question that however I did get 1 shrine so 1 in 8 ?
Now I am stuck with a daily quest for a few Lantern`s + 10 from the town Hall Oh and the odd tree that appears from now and then. Not got any chance really of obtaining the last 2 main building`s to complete the set as there are no real lantern`s on offer.
If you are willing to pay the new price of the diamonds then I guess you have a chance but you got to have deep pockets or be very Lucky I guess.
Or have I missed something ??

DeletedUser1094

I believe, that all the set buildings, except the Gong, will appear at least twice as the Daily Special throughout the event.

I got lucky and got the complete set on day three, I believe... (One world down, 13 to go)!

DeletedUser110666

Now I am wondering what the point of having quest based events is if you have to pay to complete them...
It gives Freemium a whole new meaning.