• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2017

DeletedUser109966

Staying at the same age has some consequences... You cannot have all the benefits of staying in one age and the other benefits too...
This game is about forging... didn't you know...

It only has consequences if the game designers make it so... like by making events inaccessible if you happen to enjoy spending your time playing the game developing your city in one era... a choice an increasing number of players are making (and for good reason...it makes the game more fun).. quests like Research only succeed in disengaging an increasing number of players from the game and result in lost sales as players are unlikely to choose to change their playing style...

I suspect the research quest, with no alternative, was a result of laziness in programming rather than deliberate strategy...

DeletedUser5180

It only has consequences if the game designers make it so... like by making events inaccessible if you happen to enjoy spending your time playing the game developing your city in one era... a choice an increasing number of players are making (and for good reason...it makes the game more fun).. quests like Research only succeed in disengaging an increasing number of players from the game and result in lost sales as players are unlikely to choose to change their playing style...

I suspect the research quest, with no alternative, was a result of laziness in programming rather than deliberate strategy...
When this game started there was research, pvp, polish / motivate and not a whole lot more as there were no gbs, GE, gvg etc so the main aspect of the game was always about progress in tech so why should the game now abandon technology from quest-lines?

DeletedUser108358

I play for fun and I really enjoy Future Era. GvG map is fun there, GE is doable and it looks also nice. + Arc and Obs produce FE goods that I can use unlike AF or OF. Yes, I know that now GE uses some, but still our little guild has over 16k each AF goods, soon alot OF also. For me, both AF and OF seems illogical and unreasoned eras. I dont like playing there.
My point is that, if you guys force me to move to next era where I know I dont enjoy this game (cause I have one world where I'm at the end of tech tree), I will only log in to collect my city and sooner or later find some other game that I enjoy.
Spring event is good, I got all buildings in beta server and their combined prize is awesome for 5x5 space and its a shame that I cant do that event in my main world.

DeletedUser109966

When this game started there was research, pvp, polish / motivate and not a whole lot more as there were no gbs, GE, gvg etc so the main aspect of the game was always about progress in tech so why should the game now abandon technology from quest-lines?

Because it removes player choice from game-play (and this is just a game).... I can imagine someone will respond by saying you don't have to play the events, they are optional... but without the events the game loses a lot of its appeal.... where is the negative aspect to allowing me to choose to do tech or donate FP's to a GB instead... doesn't affect anyone else's enjoyment...

joesoap

Major-General
there is never going to be a questline that suits every single player, some players dont fight so dont have military buildings or traz but still need to find a way to recruit units, some players hate spending goods on acquiring sectors when its far easier to fight them, some players dont want to scout a sector as it could push them into a higher map age, some players want to do tec so not spend fps in gbs, some players dont want to have to buy fps when they have hundreds of them in inventory, some players dont want to have to delete buildings to find space to build current age buildings that they are just going to sell as soon as the quest is completed
even if every quest had 2 options then are still going to be players that dont like either option so will want a 3rd, the questlists are what they are & each player decides whether or not they want to do them & how they impact on their game plan, after all events are an added bonus to get rewards/new buildings & they arent compulsory so no1 has to do or finish them

DeletedUser4453

Does anyone else experience problems with quest #15? When I visit tavern from other players, I don't seem to be getting table silver..
While this is what the quest is about...!!

DeletedUser

When I visit tavern from other players, I don't seem to be getting table silver..
Do you mean when visiting other peoples taverns? You don't always receive Tavern Silver when visiting a friends tavern, only a percentage chance of receiving it based on the level of your floor. Quest #15 says collect Tavern Silver; collect it from YOUR OWN tavern.

DeletedUser109966

there is never going to be a questline that suits every single player, some players dont fight so dont have military buildings or traz but still need to find a way to recruit units, some players hate spending goods on acquiring sectors when its far easier to fight them, some players dont want to scout a sector as it could push them into a higher map age, some players want to do tec so not spend fps in gbs, some players dont want to have to buy fps when they have hundreds of them in inventory, some players dont want to have to delete buildings to find space to build current age buildings that they are just going to sell as soon as the quest is completed
even if every quest had 2 options then are still going to be players that dont like either option so will want a 3rd, the questlists are what they are & each player decides whether or not they want to do them & how they impact on their game plan, after all events are an added bonus to get rewards/new buildings & they arent compulsory so no1 has to do or finish them

I knew someone would say that events are optional.... the examples you gave are pretty weak as none of those additional examples change the fundamentals of a city and the whole game-play as much as having to move era... and while the events are indeed an added bonus... they are also a pretty essential attraction to playing the game... anyway, as you say, it is what it is... but I'm off to do something different as the Research quest ended this event for me personally..

It wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the previous years Easter events...

Toodle pip...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110433

The key here is that it changes a lot if you have to get the Nishikigoi Pond as well - you already need some luck to get both Emperor's Entrance and a second Sakura Rock. If you need to pick up a Nishikigoi Pond as well that's a lot of chests you need to open (or you need to be really lucky).
That`s BETA for you. They give diamonds so people test different angles of game, so you can see where all them diamonds went, definite good research for the community.

DeletedUser16112

That`s BETA for you. They give diamonds so people test different angles of game, so you can see where all them diamonds went, definite good research for the community.

Well, it makes the whole set idea less interesting - it would be much more interesting if there were choices to be made, instead of just a single way to do it. The freedom to build your own configuration depending on your personal goals would have been much more exciting.

DeletedUser100832

these do look quite good. The nice arrangement I suppose is to 'iterate' the construction by placing a second gong of wisdom on the corner of nishikigoi pond, and the three other buildings around it. Then, you can have a set of 9 buildings, all producing at max and taking up 44 squares.

10 fp from 44 squares is almost as good as having shrines, and requires fewer roads. And you get all the other stuff too :P

DeletedUser110175

So day 2 (right!)...is there still a chance to get the complete set of the Cherry Garden!...I missed the emperor piece yesterday....that and the pond piece are the only 2 elusive pieces of the set right!..

DeletedUser106696

Because it removes player choice from game-play (and this is just a game).... I can imagine someone will respond by saying you don't have to play the events, they are optional... but without the events the game loses a lot of its appeal.... where is the negative aspect to allowing me to choose to do tech or donate FP's to a GB instead... doesn't affect anyone else's enjoyment...

No, but what I would say is that you pay the price for senseless completing each and every tech on the tech tree... I am at the end of tech, and still have 7 techs from HMA, PE, and ME ready to research. They'll stay undone until such time when FoE gets new content and I run into a "research tech" quest at an "inconvenient" time. Starting already in BA there's a multitude of "dead end" techs - sometimes you may have to forfeit a side quest, but if you apply a bit of strategy to your tech tree you'll never run into the issue to describe.

DeletedUser106818

Initially very excited for the Event....Buildings look great

However, after 8 Gold Chest attempts at Todays' Nishikigoi Pond without success, spending all of the Lanterns that I had saved, the Math has dawned on me........I will receive enough Tulips for maybe 5/6 more attempts to win the 2 remaining Set Pieces before the end from the Gold Chests (assuming they even come up again /shrugs).....
So I find myself now disappointed....Why no opportunity to buy the Daily Special the following day using Diamonds?....That I would have been very happy to do......But the Math on paying 200 D's for 40 Tulips equates to 600 D's for 1 Gold Chest....With only a 25% 'chance' (not forgetting of course my 8 attempts for 0) to then win the Special.....I can't afford to buy that many D's based on those odds.....is this game swarming with rich people? I know i'm not one of them.....

Grand Prize System:
What I personally do not like about the Grand Prize system is that having now won the 1st Set item, I have to spend another 6 Gold Chests to get past SoK (which I don't want, I only want the Set Pieces), then another 6 Gold Chests to get past WW, then another 6 Gold Chests to buy the next Set item itself (the only thing I personally want to obtain).......I mean it's just not realistic.....Where are all these Gold Chests suddenly pouring in from.....?
That's another 18 (Eighteen) Gold Chests at 120 Tulips a pop = 2160 Tulips.....After 27 Quests (inc bonus) and the trees that spawn I was only able to amass enough Tulips for 7 Gold Chests (won Tulips on 1 Chest so that brought me attempt No. 8), so there was no way I was ever going to amass enough Cherries to get to the 2nd Set Piece via this System. It's bad Math all round, least for me.
Anyone who can afford to buy that many Gold Chests has most likely won the remaining Pieces already (from said Chests), so it's no more than an added bonus at that point for them. It just doesn't help me, the casual player, to have a Set Piece that deep into the Grand Prize System.

My 2c

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103223

these do look quite good. The nice arrangement I suppose is to 'iterate' the construction by placing a second gong of wisdom on the corner of nishikigoi pond, and the three other buildings around it. Then, you can have a set of 9 buildings, all producing at max and taking up 44 squares.

10 fp from 44 squares is almost as good as having shrines, and requires fewer roads. And you get all the other stuff too :P

Yeah working on set 2 right now. Got the 1st set.

DeletedUser109923

I agree about the research a tech only, need to have an 'or xxxx' option.
I am now unable to participate in this, other than this, a well thought out event, as I do not want to go from Colonial to Industrial.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
So delighted with my little Japanese garden. It looks quite charming. Just waiting for the Sakura rock to complete the set.

DeletedUser106426

No, but what I would say is that you pay the price for senseless completing each and every tech on the tech tree... I am at the end of tech, and still have 7 techs from HMA, PE, and ME ready to research. They'll stay undone until such time when FoE gets new content and I run into a "research tech" quest at an "inconvenient" time. Starting already in BA there's a multitude of "dead end" techs - sometimes you may have to forfeit a side quest, but if you apply a bit of strategy to your tech tree you'll never run into the issue to describe.
But you run out of them too and you are stuck with that one 600 diamonds unlock. x)