• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rushing through the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser113125

How is expressing sadness over the support you showed for the terrible comments in this thread mocking a specific religious denomination in any manner showing a feeling of patronizing superiority. I genuinely felt bad regarding the support you showed for the uncalled for mocking of a specific religious group thus and for those who might have belonged to that religious affiliation and been deeply hurt not only by the comment itself but by your support for it. Nothing personal, just showing your supporting comment is hurtful and needs your consideration. I expected you might recant your statement, but you doubled down and refused to in any manner renounce your support for a very insensitive statement about a specific religious denomination. Inno Games provides some good guidance for players to read and makes their position clear they distance themselves from any attacks on specific religious denominations:

Art. 12 Your obligations . . .

1. 12.3 As User, you will refrain from any action that endangers or disrupts the operation and functionality of the Games and the successful collaboration with other users. In particular, you are prohibited from . . .
    • using, placing or publishing discriminatory content (e.g. hate speeches against groups of persons, in particular based on . . . religion . . .),
It is worth reading this article carefully because it addresses the importance of recognizing that players should not bully other players or "endanger or disrupt" the "successful collaboration" of Inno Games with other users . . . bullying or disrespecting other players can cause them to quit and that damages the customer-base size of Inno Games. When a new player tells you they don't like you attacking their city, stop. There are 79 other people in your neighborhood and no need to pick on a new player in the era you have been in for 2 years. Likewise, warning or threatening a player with cutting them off from their guild mates can cause people to quit and definitely negatively impact the relationship of Inno Games with a customer. Again, help your guild mates grow, don't threaten them.

I am sure you @Gisklerific do not want to make others feel sad or bully them into quitting so I hope you will disavow your previous support of the comment that was derogatory to a specific religious denomination as I know you certainly did not mean to publicly express that intent.
‘Rules and Issues with Other Players
3) Communication
Examples:
- It is allowed to refer to a player as a noob or to criticize their way of playing using appropriate
language.
...’

@teest you are a noob

DeletedUser113125

I think these comments are interesting and on a tangent but related topic. The initial question was about dictating to guildmates when they can progress and has branched out into general rule adherence and who gets to set what rules. This is a great community and I hope @DAVEYBOI returns to update us on his desicions.

Galladhorn

Monarch
. . . is this really the best excuse?

We are customers of Inno Games and their Investors, not your customers, not your pets, not your minions to order around. If you are concerned about a players performance, help them get stronger by rallying your guild to get those players greater resource access. But quit mistreating Inno Games customers . . . and buy some diamonds today from Inno Games as appreciation for all their hard work!!

Who said anythign about odering players around (except you perhaps) – Guild rules are usually not that complicated for players who have played a while – Follow the rules, help your guildmates and your guild and that is about it (not to forget that Guildeaders are players too) – It´s a still Free game, if someone do not like it they can just stop playing or if they do not like a particular guild, they can jump to another guild.

Despite your sarcastic approach, you might be one of those that should either switch guild or perhaps take a pause alltogther, you are certainly not adding much of anything constructive to this, but perhaps you are just another Troll.

DeletedUser117706

3) Communication
Examples:
- It is allowed to refer to a player as a noob or to criticize their way of playing using appropriate
language.
...’

@teest you are a noob

That might work once, but if used repetitively and abusively it could easily be viewed as deliberately insulting (surely not your intention).

DeletedUser117706

Who said anythign about odering players around (except you perhaps) – Guild rules are usually not that complicated for players who have played a while – Follow the rules, help your guildmates and your guild and that is about it (not to forget that Guildeaders are players too) – It´s a still Free game, if someone do not like it they can just stop playing or if they do not like a particular guild, they can jump to another guild.

Despite your sarcastic approach, you might be one of those that should either switch guild or perhaps take a pause alltogther, you are certainly not adding much of anything constructive to this, but perhaps you are just another Troll.

You can't really be suggesting other players quit the game are you?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
3) Communication
Examples:
language.
...’

@teest you are a noob
Noob a reference to a new/unseasoned player who doesn't know any better.
We were ALL of us noobs in this game when we started after all, and had to learn through gaining experience & gaining the knowledge of a better understanding of the game's mechanics & nuances.
Most of us likely did this by you know, using your pie-hole (via your keyboard & typing words!), to ask questions and seek advice from veteran players, seeking to improve our game play & become much better/stronger Forgers. :)

The term we're looking for here is the dreaded 'Scrub'.
This is a player who has been around the block so to speak, and should understand how the game works, but vehemently refuses to take any advice offered to them, only to decry the game & it's players especially as being unfair/bullying/trolling/etc...

Noobs can be helped. Scrubs are a lost cause. ;)

DeletedUser117706

Maybe he'll stop being sarcastic when you stop being condescending. Then we can all be "friends".
There is absolutely nothing condescending about any comment I have made in these forums. I would ask that you stop attacking me and address the topic of this thread: How would you solve the issue of guild treasury shortfalls?

DeletedUser117706

Noob a reference to a new/unseasoned player who doesn't know any better.
We were ALL of us noobs in this game when we started after all, and had to learn through gaining experience & gaining the knowledge of a better understanding of the game's mechanics & nuances.
Most of us likely did this by you know, using your pie-hole (via your keyboard & typing words!), to ask questions and seek advice from veteran players, seeking to improve our game play & become much better/stronger Forgers. :)

The term we're looking for here is the dreaded 'Scrub'.
This is a player who has been around the block so to speak, and should understand how the game works, but vehemently refuses to take any advice offered to them, only to decry the game & it's players especially as being unfair/bullying/trolling/etc...

Noobs can be helped. Scrubs are a lost cause. ;)
How does your name-calling and personal attacks address the topic of this thread: How would you address guild treasury shortfalls?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
There is absolutely nothing condescending about any comment I have made in these forums. I would ask that you stop attacking me and address the topic of this thread: How would you solve the issue of guild treasury shortfalls?
By doing what literally every single other intelligent guild does, and have rules around either owning and/or working towards owning a guild GB such as Obs + Arc.
A good guild will you know, H.E.L.P new members - and especially newer players to gain the bp's for these.
Many guilds will even give FREE goods for members to build these!

It's is not in any way unreasonable to require that each guild member own at least 1 GB that helps to pay their GE and/or GvG upkeep costs.:rolleyes:

Emberguard

Legend
address the topic of this thread: How would you solve the issue of guild treasury shortfalls?
Work together as a team to gather the goods

Placing rules for the guild members to know how much to contribute helps keep it fair and ensures everyone is pulling their weight. For example things like having a Arc or Observatory swap thread and the requirement that players will work towards and build those GBs would solve 99% of the problem

DeletedUser117706

I gazed into a crystal and it says "strong will a guild be when there is a guild mate camped in each era."
That is different than trying to forbid era advancement. If a player wants to stay in a
By doing what literally every single other intelligent guild does, and have rules around either owning and/or working towards owning a guild GB such as Obs + Arc.
A good guild will you know, H.E.L.P new members - and especially newer players to gain the bp's for these.
Many guilds will even give FREE goods for members to build these!

It's is not in any way unreasonable to require that each guild member own at least 1 GB that helps to pay their GE and/or GvG upkeep costs.:rolleyes:
Loved your comment up until the word "require" which could easily be far more friendly and inviting if the word "suggest" was swapped in. Strong comment well made generally!

DeletedUser117706

Work together as a team to gather the goods

Placing rules for the guild members to know how much to contribute helps keep it fair and ensures everyone is pulling their weight. For example things like having a Arc or Observatory swap thread and the requirement that players will work towards and build those GBs would solve 99% of the problem
That is the first mention I've seen of the swap threads . . . something I have been waiting for nearly 80 replies :-)

I feel like it's great to have suggested guidelines but the idea of imposing kickable requirements on other players can be viewed as not positive or possibly unsupportive; almost every poster here is saying in their own way that helping guild mates, specially when they are new or have less resources to grow, is important.

Swap threads are a mystery to many players, new players most specifically. The concept is slightly elusive but very powerful. When @DAVEYBOI posted his question, it seemed he was raising an important topic of how to help new players grow. The Swap threads are a strong component, and definitely one of the very best solutions to helping new players grow.

I have witnessed some of the most powerful players in the game literally provide full sets of blue prints to a "noob" in less than two minutes through the amazing networks they have (which involve extremely powerful swap threads). This is awe inspiring and a model of mentorship breathtaking in its scope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.