• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rushing through the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser117550

Hey everyone I have a few questions, I am the founder of Social Watchman and we are progressing well considering, anyway I have players that are rushing through the ages way to much for my liking and would like to know what the advantages are and more so what the disadvantages are?
Firstly we do weekly donations to the guild treasury and I send weekly donations reports to guild member acknowledging their hard work, however some are rushing ahead and not putting resources into the treasury, does this mean it will cost resources to open expeditions levels we don’t have? Does anyone generally use a rule of asking permission before ageing up? As I said advantages and disadvantages please if you could. Any thanks DAVEYBOI

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
There is NEVER any kind of advantage in rushing any age in this game, beyond getting out of Bronze Age as quickly as possible.
(...or else the race to unlock the special resources as soon as you hit the Arctic/Oceanic eras of course, since GE *will* demand them!)

What ends up happening when people race through like they're in a Civvies game is;
a) Their city is pile of under-developed crap.
Few, if any GB's, especially the must-haves like Zeus/CoA/CdM, Arc, SMB/LoA, CF, Cape, etc... means they can't fight effectively, produce too few resources, have limited fp production, etc...
They won't be able to pull their weight in guild, (ie: no goods to pay their part of GE's = everyone loses out!), can't trade effectively, will crap on your ability to compete in the weekly GE rankings, and generally be a giant loadstone around your neck, dragging your entire guild down with them.

b) Events become insanely more difficult than they should be.
(ie: enjoy those constant "spend 40-50+ fps" quests when you only earn 24-30 per day!lol)

c) They'll be tadpoles forever getting eaten alive by their entire neighbourhood, watching all their goods and stuff getting routinely plundered. :P

Honestly, just try to explain to them that they're doing too much harm to themselves and the guild, and that this is a game that rewards taking lots of time to build up your city & power up your GB's, etc...

If they won't listen, then cut them lose - you can't help save everyone from themselves, and some people will never get it through their thick skulls that this game is anything BUT a 'race to the finish line'.
There's no point in carrying around dead weight that will only hurt the entire guild. ;)

DeletedUser111359

Tech rushing is largely pointless. I've spent a year or more in the Iron on some worlds. GB's are a far better place to invest FP than tech is, 99% of the time.

On my main world I've been playing 7 years, and I'm still barely halfway through Oceanic. On En15, I've been playing over a year, since it launched, and I'm still just in Modern

DeletedUser111359

And people that are costing the guild for GE unlocks w/o paying into the treasury to cover those unlocks, are just begging to be dropped as a drain on the treasury.

DeletedUser111359

Camping is the biggest waste of time ever, AF and OF take forever so you have months to level GBs anyway. The sooner you get to OF the better.

Why? What do you get out of racing to AF/OF? Particularly if it means that you still haven't gotten all the expansions, etc, that are available at lower tech levels?

It's just today that I finally unlocked the last diamond expansion open to me, at OF on my main world.

Not knowing what I was doing when I first started, I went through the tech tree fairly rapidly and always regretted it. Massively lacked coins and supplies and couldn't fight at all. Took until AF to realise that I needed to stop and consolidate my position where I camped for over a year building up the GBs. Halfway through OF now but not doing tech and am still trying to catch up the GBs to where I think they should be.

2nd much newer city on R is sitting in EMA and is far better than my main one ever was

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Camping is the biggest waste of time ever, AF and OF take forever so you have months to level GBs anyway. The sooner you get to OF the better.
Because the constant barrage of hate-filled threads calling anyone who attacks/plunders every name in the book is in no way at all evidence that camping/taking the time to build an effective city is only for scrubs.:rolleyes:

Giskler

Legend
Why? What do you get out of racing to AF/OF? Particularly if it means that you still haven't gotten all the expansions, etc, that are available at lower tech levels?

It's just today that I finally unlocked the last diamond expansion open to me, at OF on my main world.
Waste less time, AF and OF are timegated so the sooner you get there the better. Can level GBs while waiting for the damn ship and sub.
Because the constant barrage of hate-filled threads calling anyone who attacks/plunders every name in the book is in no way at all evidence that camping/taking the time to build an effective city is only for scrubs.:rolleyes:
I said it’s a waste of time. I have no idea why you are talking about plundering and scrubs. Try to read the posts you reply to.

DeletedUser111359

Waste less time, AF and OF are timegated so the sooner you get there the better. Can level GBs while waiting for the damn ship and sub.

I said it’s a waste of time. I have no idea why you are talking about plundering and scrubs. Try to read the posts you reply to.

Waiting on the ships to collect the unique goods is only an impediment if you're trying to rush those ages too. On the worlds where I've gotten to AF or OF, I've found no issues at all with waiting on ships to be able to do things I wanted.

Waiting on the ships to collect the unique goods is only an impediment if you're trying to rush those ages too. On the worlds where I've gotten to AF or OF, I've found no issues at all with waiting on ships to be able to do things I wanted.
Was only an issue trying to unlock the troops I wanted, after that there's no problem, just sit back and gather them slowly while you get on with things:)

Giskler

Legend
I'm enjoying being in EMA again :D
giphy.gif

DeletedUser111359

Ueless to talk to campers about this. What you do not know you can not miss or want.

Can you actually quantify what is different about VF compared to the preceding ages? New units, and new buildings that make different goods aren't actually all that different, just a new name on something that is functionally equivalent.

What I want to know is what is there about VF that makes it play differently, and thus "better" than earlier ages.

DeletedUser113125

Hey everyone I have a few questions, I am the founder of Social Watchman and we are progressing well considering, anyway I have players that are rushing through the ages way to much for my liking and would like to know what the advantages are and more so what the disadvantages are?
Firstly we do weekly donations to the guild treasury and I send weekly donations reports to guild member acknowledging their hard work, however some are rushing ahead and not putting resources into the treasury, does this mean it will cost resources to open expeditions levels we don’t have? Does anyone generally use a rule of asking permission before ageing up? As I said advantages and disadvantages please if you could. Any thanks DAVEYBOI
Easy fix. All guildmates need Obs, and if possible Arc. Level 4-5 Obs covers goods for GE each week I think. I would make getting guild goods GBs a priority for your guild. It doesn’t matter if they rush then. Some guilds have compulsory fp donations to Obs to help with getting bps. I went out and sniped my hood and it didn’t take long. The only world on which it was hard was R in the early days. Guildmates unwilling to do this can move on. Higher age means more crowns from GE so them rushing isn’t necessarily bad for your guild. Word to the wise -get your HOF on. Halls of Fame are way more important than GE for progressing the guild. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.