• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content New Ranking

DeletedUser101284

My comment is aimed at and for those that devise what happens where and how within the game.

Fighters are to benefit from this which is good for them, and you, but not so good for those who enjoy other aspects of the game. The blame does not rest at your feet or at the end of your sword/spear/rifle etc but with the warmongers who created this change in scoring/ranking.

I enjoy a good fight but it's not the be all and end all.

shareshark

Private
GvG as so called will now have to evolve, being part of a guild which work together on taking and holding sectors will not be the main focus anymore....it will be single player guilds or guilds with a few big players that just siege for those points....i fight and i farm....
my concern is what happens when guilds release sectors and those sectors are sieged until 1 defense remains....who will want to take sectors? what would be the point ? would the game just not stagnant?

DeletedUser6065

Well, go take a look at it. Players are showing the loss of coin/resource points. What else can I say?
. . . mk

DeletedUser96844

How can a request by players calling for the rebalancing of GB points result in INNO deciding to change in such a drastic way people accumulate points for their cities and ranks?
Now there will be more players complaining and perhaps leaving because their coin/supplies collections count for nothing and they can't/ won't/don't want to compete via GvG/PvP to gain points.

Vesiger

Monarch
I admit to being morbidly curious as to whether anyone actually has left the game as a result of changes made by the developers... I see an awful lot of threats at every major update, but I get the impression that it's more like celebrities threatening to leave the country if the 'wrong' party gets in at the General Election: when it comes down to it, they suddenly decide that things are quite survivable after all :-P

DeletedUser17954

i have to say now that the game has been completely ruined by inno, finally! I didn't moan when Gbs were nurfed, I didn't moan about various hood merges, I didn't moan about other blunders that inno did, but now they finally did it. I am thinking of leaving. You have destroyed the variety of the game. By taking away points for collections. We used to have it all here. You design your city, your fight the hood, your fight Gvg , you do your research, you progress. and you collect in time of cause showing that you bother every day. We didn't have that much for collections only it was always a combination, if you were just a collector you wouldn't have gone far in this game. But also it was good to see that people were donating goods out of sheer goodness of their heart and support for the guild. Ok, if you wanted it to be rewarded , fair enough, but why did you have to take away something else for that? all we asked was to balance the points for Traz, and now you have balanced it and put it back into the Arc, so it is one sided levelling again. The Arc is a new thing that we all have to have and totally go mad about it. it doesn't make sense. no balance again. why did you even create other buildings? maybe they don' t matter at all? points for trading to help our guildies with tech don't count, ohh noo. I can see some smug posts here: oh oh, i was sooo, good, i was only thinking what's good or the guild and now i am number 9 wow! well who cares? get over it and mb not for long. we have one person in the hood, he is a one man band. his guild, one person there - him. obviously he has donated all to ...himself. so build a guild donate all to yourself and you are good, also build your arc to an enormous level. back to square one luv. I am thinking of either quitting completely or leaving just GBs, see f some small guild wants my GB donations from the arc-atomium-obs. i'd just log on from time to time and level some, nothing else really makes sense. p.s like gvg. but can't do every day, but when i do i hit hard. .... pps.. can't stand the hood fights, boring. so for me looking at the same score or less , going down every day is depressing, unless of cause inno tells me i have to apart for attending to my city needs,that dont count any more, i need to do this and that, for a rubbish point anyway. sad, very sad. totally ruined a good game.

DeletedUser12026

I am active in the game with over 14,000 battles under my belt. If this change is intended to make fighting a bigger part of the game, why has my ranking position gone down from 206 to 310?
Quite honestly, it does not make any sense and it has been badly implemented. No one fully understood the change until it hit like a hammer.
I'm afraid this will take a lot of getting past for me.
I'm considering if this is still fun?
It is about strategy and my strategy was very good. I rose 100 ranking places within a couple of months.
Then, unfortunately, the goal posts were moved :(

DeletedUser17954

oh and for the person who bragged here that she was so wonderful, and now so high up even though not active, you better give up your day job and start it again being active 24/7, because its not for long that your wonderful achievements in the past will get you where you are now...

DeletedUser96844

@Vesiger .. I was not posting that I was intending to quit the game.. I do my share of fighting along with goods donations and getting my Gb to higher levels..
But if some people don't see any points for their activity because they have filled their cities with coins and supplies buildings.. I don't see them hanging around for too long now.

@Lord Scholes re: battles won...
Not saying this concerns your battles in particular, but you receive more battles points the higher the age of the enemy you battle.
Obviously someone can fight less battle against Future Era enemies in GvG than someone fighting in EMA GvG and probably make more points.

Perhaps some of the players around you in rankings did not fight as many battles as you in lower ages and only really started when battle points and PvP tower paid out more global points.

I personally did not do much PvP until around EMA as I did not see the value in gaining medals from Iron Age tower

DeletedUser103987

ALRIGHTY

I guess it's time I sat down and gave my rendition of war and peace.

So I'll be upfront and honest with everyone and my situation to start so you know whether or not I am going to be too biased.
I play O world mostly, I am in CE - I have the 4th most fights in the world and I have a level 20 Traz. I've given away around thousands of goods to people and traded probably treble that amount and we're talking thousands, higher thousands.

Now that's out the way this is how I see it:

1) Previously people could buy many BP's for their GB's and then trade with people etc. in order to get FP's and level it, this was I suppose hard work and effort and it did take time to get all these points we had, many even had to use diamonds to get the BPs - I'll be honest, I did.
O world is such a new world it's hard to find the BPs, especially at the start. Anyway with all the trading and diamonds spent on leveling the Traz I felt the points were earned (even if a little through diamonds). Now there are people ahead of me with next to no fights and low level GB's, the only thing they have in their world is large amounts of diamond buildings and I'm seeing this across many of the worlds with other people.

2) This new sword thing? First things first I didn't see anything anywhere to say you couldn't use a Reno kit on it but now I find out you will only get bonus happiness and not bonus points... If this had been made clearer then I would have put some effort into aging my world rather than sitting around and trying to strengthen myself.

3) Goods and their ratios to an extent make sense and to an extent don't, FE goods goods I think are pretty much the easiest to come by now in every world, the only goods in high demand are CE goods and TE goods, but CE goods are supposedly under half the point ratio of that of FE? Under half - it seems crazy to me for an era only two from the end.

4) The number of people who got the Gold Sword was unreal, it seemed to be a whole lot more than the 25 I thought it was going to be which again was another blow to those people who were hard working for points in the last patch.

5) Now back to the overall formula which seems to have been used for this - farming goods doesn't seem to offer any form of high points ratio, troops farming doesn't offer anything and nor does putting them in defenses. The overall points from buildings is too high right now, if you need a points jump just place a load of pointless high age houses and supplies buildings as the bump is massive.

But at the end of the day I suppose I will be a part of the minority and my opinion drowned out to the bottom of the list, I feel sorry for the long playing members who have finished their tech, fought like mad and leveled their GB's... Everyone's now been penalised for it.

shareshark

Private
the game will soon fill up with single player guilds that will attack random map sectors all over the ages...but will never or take or hold any sectors....
they will grow....where as guilds that have tried and fought hard to gain many sectors, will have them eaten away.
what would be the point or what gains will be had from still holding these sectors....i may as well give them all up ? and if all guild did the same what a mess we would have....sort of the next step from the mess now

joesoap

Major-General
the game will soon fill up with single player guilds that will attack random map sectors all over the ages...but will never or take or hold any sectors....
this game has already become like that, this change means that you will now gain points for donating the goods you use to do this

shareshark

Private
but now is just the tip of the iceberg.....it will become more widespread....
1 playing donating all there own goods and attacking as and when they want....but never taking sectors....
this is not about guilds anymore....as you could never control that within a guild

DeletedUser17954

also i have to say that reksters posts here are priceless.. you are right in all way. Because you know all the usual suspects in Hounsmoore loll. I liked that picture that you posted. there are some narcicssistic players in our area, that will always ridicule you, dont take any notice of them
@titan45 quantity of battles stil doesnt count, thank god for that. its the quality. i have about 2800 but still get more points than somebody with 10 K, i do not attack spear fighters, and other rubbish, i am into quality mate, like gvg or provinces, and i do it with real pleasure in provinces not in auto.. and this is how i got that far ahead of people with 10 K or more. your useless spear fighters fights, thank god so far was not accounted by inno. when they do, then i am clearly gone for good.

DeletedUser101284

Evening

Sadly we've had players leaving our Guild due to this - so yes people are voting with their feet.

Just fed up with the whole thing and walked

w

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
to best honest, what they should have done is tested the new ranking system on a NEW server so that people could have worked out what their new ranking was going to be, instead of force changing every single player in the entire game. Because everyone that dropped rank massively is annoyed.

Andrew420

Major
4) The number of people who got the Gold Sword was unreal, it seemed to be a whole lot more than the 25 I thought it was going to be which again was another blow to those people who were hard working for points in the last patch.
The # of people who received the gold statue was the top 1% at time of points change
So unless your world only has 2500 players you would definitely see more than 25 people with gold statue
The top 25 players had there scores posted in the forum so they could look back at how things used to be

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
to best honest, what they should have done is tested the new ranking system on a NEW server so that people could have worked out what their new ranking was going to be, instead of force changing every single player in the entire game. Because everyone that dropped rank massively is annoyed.
they already tested in BETA....ppl who lost points are always going to be unhappy.
when GB points were high...fighters whined
now that Fighters are at a advantage, those who relied just on gb for points will whine.
thirdly they shouldn't have removed points from collection...thats the most annoying thing.

i knew this was going to happen sometime in future, so relied on both, a lvl 40 traz and around 13k fights;)
so i lost only 7 ranks in the new system:blush: