• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2023 Feedback Thread

=CRS

Private
I completed first 30 quests. I have a job and don’t feel like having another to play a simple game in the form of having to spend time watching videos, reading or messaging between guild members endlessly. There are so many reasons that I feel that his is the end. From events that you need to study and watch videos, to the changes in GBg, to videos, to fragments…. To two different types of Att/Def( this is about the most ridiculous out of all and instead of more effort being put into it, it should have been disbanded immediately. )
I understand that devs come and go and changes happen, but you must see also the massive increase in players quitting and or becoming more inactive.
One last point: events are dreadfully long, insanely long, I believe you would increase revenue by having shorter events, but more events.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I am enjoying this event, as I read all of the info beforehand and watched some videos, I have been able to win full dungeons whenever I have wanted to, I have been able to help several players in how to play because by their own admission they were either too lazy to read up or watch videos, admittedly some still cannot grasp what I think is a pretty simple and easy concept, but perhaps that's just me, I have always said with any game you need to do a little research to understand the mechanics or gameplay and in not doing so will only lead to failure, I think this is one of the best Event mechanics yet, it looks complicated but it's not, a big thumbs up for this event

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I completed first 30 quests. I have a job and don’t feel like having another to play a simple game in the form of having to spend time watching videos, reading or messaging between guild members endlessly. There are so many reasons that I feel that his is the end. From events that you need to study and watch videos, to the changes in GBg, to videos, to fragments…. To two different types of Att/Def( this is about the most ridiculous out of all and instead of more effort being put into it, it should have been disbanded immediately. )
I understand that devs come and go and changes happen, but you must see also the massive increase in players quitting and or becoming more inactive.
One last point: events are dreadfully long, insanely long, I believe you would increase revenue by having shorter events, but more events.
Less Events would be better, the length of most are ok but I would like just 4 a year, that will allow the devs more time to really get to grips with the events and give us a truly enjoyable and emersive experience, they don't have to be complicated or down to random luck, just good honest involved side games that make playing them not only worth doing, but those types that players want to play and take skill to play well

I Am The Cat

Private
I am enjoying this event, as I read all of the info beforehand and watched some videos, I have been able to win full dungeons whenever I have wanted to, I have been able to help several players in how to play because by their own admission they were either too lazy to read up or watch videos, admittedly some still cannot grasp what I think is a pretty simple and easy concept, but perhaps that's just me, I have always said with any game you need to do a little research to understand the mechanics or gameplay and in not doing so will only lead to failure, I think this is one of the best Event mechanics yet, it looks complicated but it's not, a big thumbs up for this event
Now that I understand it I quite like it too (hated the old fog clearing halloween event with the dolls). However I watched the videos, read copious tips and still couldn't get the hang of it initially. I had to practice in my other world first and even after I did that it still took a couple of runs before I grasped it. I think if Inno are going to continue with more complex events they need to let people have practice runs first with all the steps and icons clearly explained as you go along. In fact why couldn't it be an option that you click an icon and get as many free dummy runs as you want until you're confident you know what you're doing.

I still think there's too much going on. Any newbies playing FoE for the first time would likely take one look at it and wonder what on earth it's all about: cards with numbers and symbols, keys, dungeons, teeth currency, grand prizes, daily specials, random prizes...

The other (minor) issue I have is that it's no longer wise to get rid of an event building in case Inno introduces a glittery, golden, all-singing, all-dancing, unicorn-spawning, world-conquering upgrade. I also don't like the selection kits because there are too many to remember what's in them. I want to re-name all of them so they at least give a hint as to what's in them.

Fighter64

Private
The Tarot Card Caravans upgrades are not worthful from levels 2-8. Only the population increases by 10 along with some coins. It could do better with lesser levels, 12 levels where the building becomes better only in the last 3 levels is wasted selection kits. In comparison the previous selection kit provided around 9% attack increase per kit if the wheat field combos were chosen.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
The Tarot Card Caravans does not provide anything worthful until level 10. It could do better with lesser levels, 12 levels where the building become worth placing only in the last 3 levels is wasted selection kits. In comparison the previous selection kit provided around 9% attack increase per kit if the wheat field combos were chosen.
Those caravans provide plenty for newish players to the game - the lease being a significant increase in population so they can build less residential and use the space for other items.
Just because "you" do not find anything useful, does not meant that they are not useful. There is more to this game then just you.

Fighter64

Private
Those caravans provide plenty for newish players to the game - the lease being a significant increase in population so they can build less residential and use the space for other items.
Just because "you" do not find anything useful, does not meant that they are not useful. There is more to this game then just you.
I am aware that population is a useful aspect for new players being one myself. I have 30 residential buildings.

At my era the Caravan provides 1045 population at level 1, then 1118 population and 5 goods at level 8. Looks like level 8 should be the actual level 2.

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
Feedback, after watching a video I now understand it and before too many lost days but that is pretty essential. For daily event play it is too complex and time consuming as a mini game as the strategy and playing 3 dungeons a day even for 'free' is a chore. Please revert to the fog and grinning pumpkins next year. DJ said too many events and maybe 4 a year. Agree if this complex but easier less time consuming ones will keep interest in the game. People hated St Paddys but that event you can do in your sleep this requires thinking and do we 'play' games as ball pond fun or a SAS assault course?

I'm starting to enjoy the event more and more. Especially when you know how to win and make good use of thieves, you can earn a lot of keys. Furthermore, I think there are quite a few good prizes, especially those new 2x3 and 2x2 buildings, etc. In my opinion, you didn't normally have so many old and new prizes to win.

The event does require quite a bit of time and teeth; I used to do the missions quite late, but now you have to make sure you have enough teeth, or else you can't progress.

The oldest style of the Halloween event was okay, it took less time, but it also required a ridiculous amount of clicking, so I wasn't a fan of that either.

But I still believe that if Inno can create such an event, they could easily update the GvG once in a while instead of unnecessarily removing it.

Nidwin

Sergeant
The mini game is fun to play and has been kept simple and easy enough so everyone, with a bit of effort, should be able to sort it out after a while. Played up to the 225 teeth a game, not going to spent 300+ for a game at this point in time, till locked out. I'm at 3 600+progress after 4 days. So at a reasonable diamond price we are looking at 15K progress. This would mean 4 or 5 event buildings + 3 full upgraded tarot card ones and a crap load of little buildings for around 80K diamonds. Fair price and more or less in line with previous 2 events, Soccer and Fall Event.

I like the change in events and the the fact I get more for my money spent on the game with the past event gold upgrades, extra little buildings and 1 buildings breeder if you reach Gold league.

Snowelle

Private
I cant see me getting the full main monster building to 8 upgrades even if I buy the extra rewards, there is only one upgrade in the events quest at the end, and I am in Bronze/Silver in another world (one in there, one silver too) that makes 6 not 8 (there is only silver and gold in the extra chests), dont have enough keys, progress too slow long shot to even 3000 teeth. So why would I buy the event pass (the extra chests) if I cant get the full monster building ? Shooting yourself in the foot INNO took out too many upgrades from the event quests to make it possible for us and with the shortage of diamonds everywhere, and cost of them now definitely not using those.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I cant see me getting the full main monster building to 8 upgrades even if I buy the extra rewards, there is only one upgrade in the events quest at the end, and I am in Bronze/Silver in another world (one in there, one silver too) that makes 6 not 8 (there is only silver and gold in the extra chests), dont have enough keys, progress too slow long shot to even 3000 teeth. So why would I buy the event pass (the extra chests) if I cant get the full monster building ? Shooting yourself in the foot INNO took out too many upgrades from the event quests to make it possible for us and with the shortage of diamonds everywhere, and cost of them now definitely not using those.
I do agree with you and Inno should have added an x amount of upgrades spread out up to 3 000 progress so folks that bought the silver/gold pass would have ended with 1 and a half full+ event buildings, more if they were able to progress further. It's a brand new mini-game so the player base should have had a little extra and margin, especially for the ones that would have bought the pass(es).

How the silver/gold pass have been set up it only kicks in for the upgrades after 4 000+ progress so only P2W and of the course the whales truly benefit from the passes. It wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't a brand new mini-game and folks needing time to sort it out and adapt.

Deleted member 127677

These buildings are so overpowered. The sparksurge outperforms Yggdrasil (per square) and it takes five minutes to win. Yggdrasil took months to level. When will we get an upgrade to settlement buildings?
There is an urgent need to update some old Great Buildings too. There is no longer much need in game for even the original fight buildings, with a couple of event buildings now providing more attack than your Zeus, Aachen and CdM combined, plus then some. I‘m all for refreshing the game play, but refresh the old mechanics also, not just last year’s event building for the umpteenth time.
Based on further event play, I still very much enjoy this new mini game, well done for bringing in strategic thinking and a bit of planning to events. I remain confused about the number of new small event building that are spawned off every event now. More of those also every event. I have to go through my inventory after having gone through my frags, just to find what I may have completed, and to figure out if I have some kit that may also contribute to a new building or its level, or if they are something else entirely. It is starting to become somewhat frustrating, so please consider the balance between the old and new, especially now one main bonus of several Great Buildings (support pool) is about to become obsolete for its intended purpose.

Vesiger

Monarch
Less Events would be better, the length of most are ok but I would like just 4 a year, that will allow the devs more time to really get to grips with the events and give us a truly enjoyable and emersive experience, they don't have to be complicated or down to random luck, just good honest involved side games that make playing them not only worth doing, but those types that players want to play and take skill to play well
People have been asking for fewer events pretty much since the first year that all the extras were introduced (when it seemed you literally only got a couple of weeks' 'rest' before the next one started - I think they have scaled it back a little, with fewer historical events). I don't think it's going to happen, especially now that Inno have introduced the new mechanic of gold passes that people can spend cash on to get guaranteed higher rewards - that's guaranteed income from the game.
Personally I'd be all in favour of, say, four a year (used to be about two, I think: Christmas events have been going for a long time and Halloween as well), but there are plenty of players who are complaining that there is 'nothing to do' in the game once they have finished their favourite feature, despite Inno's various attempts at preventing people from saving up goods and FP and racing to the end of each new era within days of release... (That, of course, was the original gameplay: simply progressing slowly through the ages, and the big events were the design and release of new eras.)

Has something been tweaked or do I have a bug, or am I just dumb? I swear they said the cooldown period for card decks was 12 hours and that seemed to be the case initially. However, on Sunday night (technically early hours of Monday morning), I used all 3 decks between around 1am and 3am and expected them to be available when I logged in about 4pm the next day but they weren't, and the cooldown timers on the decks were all set to exactly the same number of hours, minutes and seconds which shouldn't be possible as, obviously, it took me some time to play through each deck. I would have expected the times to differ by around 10 mins or so. Plus, the timers were all set to run out at exactly midnight GMT (GBG reset time) on the Monday night. I logged out and logged back in about 45 mins before reset - still the same, took a screenshot. Confused.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231030-231854_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20231030-231854_Forge of Empires.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
Last edited: