• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Deleted member 127677

You do not know if anyone is affected, or what the reason is your guildie is affected, so there is no answer to your question. It is up to her to take this up with Support. You are not a part in this.
She has done so and you already know the reason she took to the forum. I am actually also an interested party since I want to know what happens if someone is unable to play an event this way, and especially if a guildie is missing out on items that would help them in their development. Attack stats are more important than ever now, so anything that could potentially affect my guild is of interest to me. I also happen to know that someone had this issue in an event on beta, I don’t remember if it was this one or an earlier one, but I would have thought there would be both interest in making sure it doesn’t happen again, and a solution.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Bit disappointed with no animation on the Towers of Whispering Horrors, looks kinda dull, thought at least we would have got some Tesla Sparks between the poles at the top

Havik79

Corporal
You know nothing Inno Snow, lol oh Inno never change, torwards the end of the Halloween event finish a quest and it plays the SNOW animation from Xmas.
Funny did it on En Tuulach but not En Houndsmoor.

EddyBeGood.

Private
Its time Inno pays attention to its customers, this event is to time consuming.
The game is very busy as it is with GE GBG GVG PVP and daily challenges without a mini game that takes forever

Deleted member 127677

No I don't. She did not tell me and I am not going to speculate.
She posted her complaint about what was happening to this forum and it was deleted. Then she posted a separate comment about the deletion, which was likewise deleted. I assumed you were aware.
What way? You have no idea what is going on
Of course I’m interested. Having myself been one of many affected by a previous event glitch, and now hearing someone else isn’t affected just by a glitch but unable to play the event full stop. She tried the tips you gave, they don’t work. All she wanted, it seems, is someone to say something more than ‘too bad‘, maybe even the response I got when I contacted support about it which was ‘we are aware, it’s been forwarded to developers’.

Generally, please know that it takes a lot for some people to start voicing their concerns in a forum like this. Normally, because they have not gotten adequate help elsewhere.

As for the beta issue, it was apparently finally handled but it took significant time. Aa global feedback for any event, or any game feature, please make sure testing is actually done properly in the testing server. Like with the glitch to that previous event where people on iOS devices couldn’t play, or the unannoucned rebalancing in the summer event because it worked in a way not intended, the EN server is not a testing server. Some bugs may not be apparent, but at least it should be possible to know if features work as intended, based on what happens in beta.

Final comment, actually properly feedback on the event itself, please revisit the time these things last. We have nearly two weeks to go, most people seem to have come to understand the basics of it, it’s kind of fun but a bit time consuming. But it’s now just one more thing to do in the game, and knowing it won’t be over for another couple of weeks makes it a chore. Why can’t an event be max 10-14 days? A week even? Make it something fun that people will be happy to do again, later, not just keep going on for weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

as far as her posts were deleted I suggest you and she better read this
Moot point now either way. General feedback to devs- make sure events are playable to all, and if they aren’t, make sure some remedy is put in place swiftly, not after numerous questions and inability to play for one third of the event in question.

Renegade420

Private
You did not complete the quest. It has two parts and the second part is to buy 5 fp. You should read the quests carefully.
Yes I've got it now. Unfortunately I will not get past this quest as I have too many FPs, I can't buy any at this time as I have to many in reserve.
Thank you for your help.

Deleted member 127677

If it was moot I would not have to keep repeating it.
It was moot since she left the game yesterday. As I think I said, there was a preceding discussion, she took to the forum because of it, and everything else as already stated. Hence my feedback. These things don’t happen in a vacuum.

RichinZhills

Corporal
This may be a retread of other suggestions, but a fast track for all mini-games would be a very desired option. All these events seem to be aimed at the player with only one (1) world and time to spare. That players have all the time they need to go through countless iterations of the event or mini-game, do a couple of hundred battles out on the GbG, finish a level on the GE, collect a few rounds on a settlement, and maybe pillage a few players in the hood or snipe on GBs. So after they finish all that, they can sit around for the other 23 hours and wait for the refresh.
I don't happen to be a player with just one world, and there are many players who choose to have more than one.
So for the players who have the extra worlds, those who may not understand the mini-game, don't want to play the mini-game, or those who choose to skip the whole event because of the mini-game, give them an option. It doesn't have to be a cheap option, but not so penalized that they lose out.
Please also get rid of the calendar option in the mini-games, it's just a penalty. If you play even once, you should automatically get it for the attempt. If you don't play, then fine, you don't get the key. But making it a prize, along with everything else, divides your chances of even getting it.
But back to the fast track. If, on average, it costs a player an estimated 300 teeth to finish a level, charge the fast-track 50 teeth more. So they get charged 350 teeth, but they're done. Fast-trackers may lose out on being in the Gold leagues, but at least they can finish in possibly silver by gaining teeth through the event, dailies, and incidents.
The benefits:
-Everyone now plays events. They don't have to understand them, they just have to complete the quests to gain the necessary game currency.
-Fast-Trackers are at a slight disadvantage, it costs them more to skip the mini-game, but allows them to also complete the event.
-For players who want to experience the whole event, they can also play through it as designed
-Faster gameplay for experienced players who have multiple tasks to complete. Auto-battle is an option because it is faster.

The typical argument is "oh, only play one world then everything would be wonderful! You'd have all the time you need." Well, don't pillage when you can make your own goods, don't snipe when you can generate your own fp's. But "oh, that's part of the game". Well, having multi-worlds is also part of the game. Go to the Intro Screen - the second choice is to play on a world you haven't discovered yet. Enough said:

Just take into consideration those players who chose to do more than one world. Make events faster, not an anchor.

Double335

Private
The Sparkstorm items are good but they are an aid suck. No idea why they get priority over many many other event buildings with much more riding on whether they are movitated - Eagles Nest, Governors Villa etc etc.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Well, the event is over. In both worlds I got over 6000 points (but less than 6300), so I got the Golden Caravans upgrade, and also placed in Silver league so I got a Silver Upgrade for the Laboratory. Now I just need to wait ~3 weeks to get the fragments for the Golden Laboratory upgrade.

Despite the good final results I did NOT enjoy this event. The mini game felt tedious and I had to force myself just to use my three free decks per day. The mini game was easy, once I figured out how it works - but it was not fun. I hope this particular style of mini game does NOT come back in future events.

Fighter64

Private
Best. Event. Ever for anyone who familiarised themselves with the game mechanics on Beta days before the event started. The upcoming Winter Event is garbage in terms and I would rather play the Halloween event again.

suethegreat

Captain
Best. Event. Ever for anyone who familiarised themselves with the game mechanics on Beta days before the event started. The upcoming Winter Event is garbage in terms and I would rather play the Halloween event again.
Yes those that could use beta had an advantage others missed a couple of days trying to figure it out then having to watch youtubes. The difficulty of players showed by others getting gold quickly albeit as usual losing it on last day if not prepared to buy teeth with diamonds. Previous events have had an arrowed first go walking players through process we could have had a first trial go on the cards to mess it up before entering the event proper lol.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Well, the event is over. In both worlds I got over 6000 points (but less than 6300), so I got the Golden Caravans upgrade, and also placed in Silver league so I got a Silver Upgrade for the Laboratory. Now I just need to wait ~3 weeks to get the fragments for the Golden Laboratory upgrade.

Despite the good final results I did NOT enjoy this event. The mini game felt tedious and I had to force myself just to use my three free decks per day. The mini game was easy, once I figured out how it works - but it was not fun. I hope this particular style of mini game does NOT come back in future events.
Similar sentiment was given by a number of players on the forum here after the disasterous matching game from the Anniversary Event - and lo and behold a couple events later, that same garbage was introduced and destroyed the Summer Event for many people.
Although, best stats (since Inno refuses to release any stats), is to go and look through your next 2 or 3 neighborhoods, and see how many people have the Event Building in their city - which will at least give you an idea how many people were willing to endure the frustration of a bad event to obtain the Event Building. Those without the Event Building, kind of gives away what those players thought of it.

joesoap

Major-General
Those without the Event Building, kind of gives away what those players thought of it.
this isnt always the case, generally i get event buildings but i usually dont have time to find a place for it so it stays in inventory & then i forget about it, regardless of how good it is

Deleted member 127677

Thank heavens that one is over. As a global comment, events are way too long. Three weeks of a mini game that takes close to an hour to do daily is way, way too much. Make people want to come back for more rather than leave them fed up with ‘this thing that is still going on’.

Having said that, I very much enjoyed the mini game and really appreciate that we have moved away from jumping paper animals and naff football animations, with a basic click and collect game mechanic. I seemed to be significantly harder to complete the decks towards the end, compared to the first couple of weeks, even with optimal cards at hand. Not sure if that was just a string of bad luck, but it certainly exacerbated the ’is this still going on’ feel.

Bar a couple of exceptions, the dailies were uninspiring, but by contrast, the goods and fps in chests were amazing. Also, I found the chance to actually get said daily if you wanted it were pretty good. I‘m not the only one who thought it worth spending the time, even with a good existing city already. Junior players in guild were likewise happy with the massive boosts they got, so it does seem to have been well balanced for the effort it took.

I would repeat the feedback I gave early on, the mini game itself required something more of a tutorial than just a couple of cards showing you the basic mechanic. I’m not sure that putting a better tutorial outside the game is really a good choice. If you’re playing the game, you should be able to play and learn in game, and there should be some scope for mistakes also when introducing a more complex feature. Yes, there are outside channels doing a good job of helping those who look for it optimise strategy for events, but if the game is too complicated to learn and play in the game itself, haven’t you as devs done something wrong?

Good job, can be improved further :)

Fighter64

Private
Thank heavens that one is over. As a global comment, events are way too long. Three weeks of a mini game that takes close to an hour to do daily is way, way too much. Make people want to come back for more rather than leave them fed up with ‘this thing that is still going on’.
I strongly agree with this comment, 14 days seem ideal. But at the same time, I don't want it implemented because I like days where events are running rather than not, easier to build cities and GBs. I think a few years back we had exactly what you are talking about, 4 major events that lasted a couple weeks, months of gap in between. We would crave for the next event to come (to build SoKs). Coming back to the game I am happy to see that it is not the case these days. A new player has good opportunities to build their cities faster and get more event buildings. Every day the event runs is like a loot waiting to be won.

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
Feedback on this event is that it was tedious and did require out of game help and may have done a good job of disincentivising players querying their game/life balance. The other depressing mechanic is the final reward ladder whee having been in gold for the duration of the game on the last day you wake up to demotion to silver. There is not even a certainty that spending diamonds for more goes/decks will see you hang on to gold.

SnappetyByte

Private
Worst event format ever. No explanation of the capabilities of the witches, for starters. Also, the scoring on the fights seemed to be purely randomly chosen, rather than based on the suitability or numerical power of any card chosen by the player. far too many points required to win the prizes on offer. Poor value event with low rewards, and a confusing format.