• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I'm going to give it a go, see how it is, The old event was easy to do but all of the buildings via toys etc are defunct now pretty much so it would have needed a refresh. I've still got the full building worth of upgrades for tarot too so it's looking more worthwhile to build now.

Not sure if allowed can't see why not but this is from Beta it was added as a free to share post, some hints and tips on it.

Post in thread 'Halloween Event 2023' https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/halloween-event-2023.16565/post-164463

Last edited:

hades8840

Corporal
I found the mini game very complicated when it first started on beta and after a few days of a bug on there slowly worked it out ended up in silver tier no diamonds spent so anyone thinking its way to hard ..It isn't just takes either trail and error or go read then you will see its quick easy to win

Nidwin

Sergeant
Doesn't look too bad or complex but could be time consuming so will have to make a planning once a couple of decks done, to spread it out over an x amount of days. Have the week of the 6th off so that should do it.

Deleted member 127677

So far, so very confusing.

- Seems that the best free deck after you choose the first one is always going to be the one you just used. Incentive to spend teeth or just a coincidence?
- The game has frozen on me twice now when I tried to build roads for the happiness quest. Please fix.
- The tutorial is nowhere near good enough for what in essence becomes a simple game, but needs at least one full deck of practice before you should be forced to play the first dungeon.
- Prizes and options come later, so will require further feedback.

Furious164

Private
If I choose a deck and while it is in progress the daily timer resets, after completing will I be able to choose it again for free or will it cost 100 teeth?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
- The game has frozen on me twice now when I tried to build roads for the happiness quest. Please fix.

If you're on mobile it's best to stay under 12-15 sections on overlaying. Anything over that will either freeze or take forever and you don't know if its frozen or is going to take forever. It's never worked properly for me.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Not too bad as mini game except that the cost of teeth for a new deck is way over the top in no time playing. This won't be big spending in my opinion because of the extra deck's cost sky-rocking.

suethegreat

Captain
Is there a glitch on the daily log in reward and chests since event started? They were there last night / after midnight and second chest due to be opened I left them for today incase helping with rush quests and the log in rewards have disappeared (were on right side on pc)

Deleted member 127677

Quest 31 is misformulated. We don‘t build ‘workshops’ but ‘production buildings’.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Quest 31 is misformulated. We don‘t build ‘workshops’ but ‘production buildings’.
The weird thing is that the first task of that quest uses the correct term "production building":
FoE Workshop.png

This was mentioned on Beta a number of times, yet no one could be bothered to change one word and make it say "production buildings" instead? Really?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Too much of a time sink I think, not complex just tedious.

I normally play events on at least 3 worlds, but this one is going to take up too much time to play properly. I'm pretty sick of these childish mini-games anyway so I think I'll sit this one out (no diamonds from me on this one Inno).

VESS

Private
So I just had a card with minimum 5 attack, maximum 7 attack and 7 health against a card with 5 health and his attack was between 5 and 6.
We did battle, I lost 4 health even though his minimum attack was 5, my card died and his card still remains with 1 health, so my card only inflicted 4 damage when the minimum attack of my card was 5, pffft, is there even any point to continue playing.
why oh why did you feel the need to change the hallowe'en fog event, you did not change it on Elvenar, so why change it on forge.

VESS

Private
So I just had a card with minimum 5 attack, maximum 7 attack and 7 health against a card with 5 health and his attack was between 5 and 6.
We did battle, I lost 4 health even though his minimum attack was 5, my card died and his card still remains with 1 health, so my card only inflicted 4 damage when the minimum attack of my card was 5, pffft, is there even any point to continue playing.
why oh why did you feel the need to change the hallowe'en fog event, you did not change it on Elvenar, so why change it on forge.
PS, in their defense it could have been the wrong card combo, but there is a hooded figure in black, looks more like a Djinn, Spectre, Ghoul, Grim reaper without his\her scythe, Rasputin the mad monk, a tall hobbit.
How am i supposed to know if it's a vampire or zombie, I'm not George Romero or Clive Barker.

suethegreat

Captain
Is there a glitch on the daily log in reward and chests since event started? They were there last night / after midnight and second chest due to be opened I left them for today incase helping with rush quests and the log in rewards have disappeared (were on right side on pc)
any news on this? disappeared on 4 cities and all 4 were as of today due to open the second reward chest for logging in every single day for this....

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I just had three paragraphs of feedback written after watching the tutorial and playing the event. Then I realised I'd already wasted an hour doing both and if this is the evolution of the events then nobody is paying attention to feedback anyway so I deleted it. I'll cut it down too.

The event is the worst yet and shouldn't have been released.

Exterm

Private
If you guys want us to play Magic or Heartstone(Whatever the hell this event is based off of) Inno should just go design a game not screw up forge. This event or whatever its called is their worst ever.

Won't see me spending a dime for this event.

Inno...... new doesn't always mean better.

Last edited: