• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2023 Feedback Thread

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I've won a few Donkey Enclosures which is great, but anecdotally when playing the cards the opponent always seems to score closer to their max than I do.

Vesiger

Monarch
I lost a game when both my HP and the enemy's HP were reduced to zero in the same move - I got the treasure (I think) but was kicked out of the game.
Then I won another game despite the same thing happening - I defeated the boss and got the treasure despite being on zero HP.
Is it different when playing the final boss?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I lost a game when both my HP and the enemy's HP were reduced to zero in the same move - I got the treasure (I think) but was kicked out of the game.
Then I won another game despite the same thing happening - I defeated the boss and got the treasure despite being on zero HP.
Is it different when playing the final boss?
Yes - if any of the first 10 opponents beat you - then you are finished in the dungeon. However, if you are able to defeat the final (#11) boss, win or die - you are still considered to have won, and will receive the boss rewards.

Maranwe

Private
The upgrade (green arrow) to the Sparkborn Stormspire drop rate is way too low. I have 6 silver and 9 gold upgrades from the dungeons and 10 level 1s but only 2 upgrades. This makes finishing the dungeons less worth it as I am getting items (silver and gold upgrades) I won't be able to use and all of the other items are things I don't need in my city. The dungeon should at least give all 3 upgrades as part of the main reward.

Last edited:

Tellx

Private
Yes - if any of the first 10 opponents beat you - then you are finished in the dungeon. However, if you are able to defeat the final (#11) boss, win or die - you are still considered to have won, and will receive the boss rewards.
True, but not quite the whole story. You will receive the boss reward, win or die, but only if you survive will you get the bonus for the remaining cards

Vesiger

Monarch
The upgrade (green arrow) to the Sparkborn Stormspire drop rate is way too low. I have 6 silver and 9 gold upgrades from the dungeons and 10 level 1s but only 2 upgrades. This makes finishing the dungeons less worth it as I am getting items (silver and gold upgrades) I won't be able to use and all of the other items are things I don't need in my city. The dungeon should at least give all 3 upgrades as part of the main reward.
I think it's random- I've got three upgrade kits plus two gold and two silver (and eleven base Stormspires!), and have planted two Level 1s, one silver and one gold in my city.

NoblePaul17

Private
Congrats to Inno, quite an inventive event, yes it makes you think, which I have always believed has been the ethos of this game as a whole, took me sometime to aquire the matrix (in part) of this event even with watching the tutorials, and now after some extra teachings from my son i'm able to complete each card set, however this has come at an expence on teeth, maybe I should have payed more attention or iv'e missed somthing, realisation that I wont get the 7 upgrades is annoying as I play everyday, I dont expect to gain a full event building everytime on the basic game, upsetting to a minor point Yes ! .
However paying out some monies for the Gold section and the realisation that I still wont get the basic building, well that smarts badly. A RL lesson gained and will be remembered for future

ophion

Private
One of the worst events ever. Far too convoluted to be of any interest to anyone in my opinion. Why make these events so difficult to either understand or achieve when all we want is to play a game and enjoy for a while online? It used to be fun playing these events and hoping to win the ultimate prize building etc. It's now become almost impossible to achieve them without now having to buy into it. Sad that greed has made this game so uninteresting and ugly that someone like me, that has been here from the very beginning, is thinking about calling it a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

joesoap

Major-General
True, but not quite the whole story. You will receive the boss reward, win or die, but only if you survive will you get the bonus for the remaining cards
i got the bonus for remaining cards even though i died from the final boss

Renegade420

Private
Not a fan of the Halloweeny mini game, you complete the quest, (build a Cultural building from your current age) I did but no reward. Then asked to complete the OR section Build two cultural buildings from previous age.
Not likely to spend much time on this Halloween mini game.
PS, rewards including early early military units is not really a reward either.

Vesiger

Monarch
The Thief card would be useful if it immediately skipped to the end of encounter, but all it seems to do is give you the reward *before* you complete the encounter - you still have to do the whole fight. So the only benefit I can see is that if you die in that encounter you still get to keep the reward you would have got if you'd won it. (Or do you get the reward twice over when you survive?)

Deleted member 127677

I am hearing that the event is not available to everyone, what is being done to address this and provide them with the same opportunity to get the rewards as everyone else who have been able to access the event daily? And if it will remain inaccessible throughout, how will active players who have tried to play it be given at least the level 8 main building but also at least the Sparkforges that are easily obtainable throughout? Not to mention any daily prize they are missing out on which will be easily obtainable?

Deleted member 127677

That could mean anything without further details
She apparently posted details here yesterday. Seems that no help or solution is forthcoming and she is still unable to access the event screen in game.

All the small buildings we get from events now are really nice, but all the unnecessary POP UPS we have to close every time we collect from them are terribly annoying. They disrupt the flow of the game. Can we get rid of them soon please. Players have been complaining about this over and over for a long time now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

She did not post details, she posted a complaint. She needs to address this with Support. Nobody here can fix it for her. All we can do is give this advice.

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue :

- Refresh your browser (F5: soft refresh and CTRL+F5: hard refresh).
- Temporarily disable all (greasemonkey) scripts and browser add-ons.
- Log out / Log in
- Restart your computer.
- Try a different browser - Forge of Empires is optimised for the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome, so try one of these if possible.
- Try a different computer.
- Try a different internet connection.
Thank you Ice, I will pass this on to her. It would seem she has been getting no help whatsoever, so I’m not surprised she tried the forums as a last ditch resort, I was directed to them myself several times before I actually created an account to post here. I messaged support myself and the response is apparently that they are now aware and the issue has been passed on to devs. Despite your helpful attempt at remedying the issue, Ice, my question still remains unanswered - what happens if someone misses out on an event this way? It’s not as widespread as the thing with whichever event it was where the event was unplayable due to lag, but it’s nevertheless an unplayable event for her, and has been since day 1. So my guildie and anyone else affected is not able to play daily, which is kind of required to get the main building, nor can she complete the easy small event buildings or benefit from any dailies.