• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

DeletedUser

Does a sector "categorically state "prestige""? no. But that's what they do. People are getting caught up on assumption and poor wording from Inno. Sectors should not give rank points.

It works both ways :p

Stop making up your own words/meanings/terminology and blaming Inno just because YOU want it to be a certain way, and because YOU assume things to be a certain way.

I love you brother, but good lordy mate!

DeletedUser

Poor wording still means it's INNO's fault regardless, this could have been solved via the test server as it should have been...

DeletedUser13082

Stop making up your own words/meanings/terminology and blaming Inno just because YOU want it to be a certain way, and because YOU assume things to be a certain way.

I love you brother, but good lordy mate!

Wait how does that work? I said the exact same thing as DD said, he said it about HoF, I said it about sectors. Both of those things do exactly the same, they both give power. How does that sentence work for one but not the other lol

I didn't make anything up, and I haven't said anything cause I think it should change. I'm saying the way it currently is, is wrong. Because it is wrong. It's either power DOES give rank points or power DOESN'T give rank points. It can't be both. A sector gives power, which goes to rank points, a HoF gives power, which don't go to rank points. But the power is the same thing, so it should go to rank points.

The only problem with all of this is that Inno lied. The HoD giving rank points wasn't a bug, they tried to blame it on a bug but clearly the way they have worded the entire GvG feature clearly shows that it wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98465

Does a sector "categorically state "prestige""? no. But that's what it does. People are getting caught up on assumption and poor wording from Inno. Sectors should not give rank points.

It works both ways :p

Yes, but a sector wouldn't ever, because it doesn't have a bonus.

Sector Power "contributes" to prestige. It is not the same because prestige includes bonuses.

Example:
Iron Age Map Total = 50 Power
Early Middle Age Map Total = 65 Power
Late Middle Age Map Total = 112 Power

Guild Level (4) Bonus = 100 Prestige

Total Global Prestige = 327 = Rank

The higher the guild level, the more prestige
The more sectors you own, the more power

The higher the rank, the more prestige bonus

Confused yet... I am :P

DeletedUser13082

Yes, but a sector wouldn't ever, because it doesn't have a bonus.

Sector Power "contributes" to prestige. It is not the same because prestige includes bonuses.

Example:

Total Global Prestige = 327 = Rank

Example:
Hall of fame Power = 110

Total Global Prestige = 437 = Rank

The higher the guild level, the more prestige
The more sectors you own, the more power
The more HoF you own, the more power

See the problem now? Sector gives power gives rank. HoF gives power gives rank. They are the same thing. Which shows that this was never a bug.

DeletedUser98465

See the problem now? Sector gives power gives rank. HoF gives power gives rank. They are the same thing. Which shows that this was never a bug.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't HoF outputting power and a global prestige bonus (so in essence twice). I guess it depends on the "where"

So:

Example:
Hall of fame Power = 110

Hall of Fame Prestige = 110

Total Global Prestige = 547 = (artificial) Rank

DeletedUser13082

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't HoF outputting power and a global prestige bonus (so in essence twice)

Nope. The power that the HoF gave, the same as the power that the sectors give, was adding to the guild rank, the same way that the power from a sector does. If you didn't collect the power from the HoF on one day then it would be removed from your rank, the same as if you lost a sector, the power would be removed from the rank. The HoF is effectively a sector, but instead of being on the GvG map, it's in the players city.

Sectors and HoF both give the same thing, they give power. But Inno are trying to pass it off saying it was a bug. It can't be a bug, it gives the same thing as a sector gives, and a sector gives to guild rank, so a HoF must give to guild rank and it must have been intentional.

DeletedUser

*UPDATE* numero two regarding refunds (please dont shout at me or my mods but be nice to them instead :) )

It has been brought to my attention that some players have received their HOF's via the chests available with this event. After consideration and talk with all that matter no decision was agreed so I made the following decision and they can shout at me if its wrong :)

If you got a HOF via the chest before the announcement then you can ask for a refund and you will be given 300 cups.

You will need to send in a ticket asking for this refund however please bear with us its taking some time to get through them all.

Much love, hope you have a great weekend

Tracey

DeletedUser13082

*UPDATE* numero two regarding refunds (please dont shout at me or my mods but be nice to them instead :) )

It has been brought to my attention that some players have received their HOF's via the chests available with this event. After consideration and talk with all that matter no decision was agreed so I made the following decision and they can shout at me if its wrong :)

If you got a HOF via the chest before the announcement then you can ask for a refund and you will be given 300 cups.

You will need to send in a ticket asking for this refund however please bear with us its taking some time to get through them all.

Tracey

Excellent news for those who got them from chests Tracey. A brilliant compromise in my opinion. Also I'm sure you won't get shouted at by anyone lol, if the higher ups shout at you then tell them to come to the forums, I'm sure the community will back you up on that decision :p lol.

DeletedUser

Tracey

That's very, very generous Tracey. Unecessary, IMO, but great news for those that felt they should be entitled. Thank you for your hard work, we all very much appreciate what you've done for the community in your short time here already!

One question - when you said "ask for a refund", i'm a bit confused. Is this the same situation as the non-chest purchases? Meaning, we get to keep the HoF AND earn back the 300 cups? Or if received via chest, the HoF will be removed from our town if we ask for the refund?

DeletedUser

That's very, very generous Tracey. Unecessary, IMO, but great news for those that felt they should be entitled. Thank you for your hard work, we all very much appreciate what you've done for the community in your short time here already!

One question - when you said "ask for a refund", i'm a bit confused. Is this the same situation as the non-chest purchases? Meaning, we get to keep the HoF AND earn back the 300 cups? Or if received via chest, the HoF will be removed from our town if we ask for the refund?

You would get to keep the HOF

DeletedUser99588

What announcement? They never made an announcement to the players even though it was requested more than once. I also notice that they haven't made an in game announcement of the cups refund either.

DeletedUser7223

The announcement regarding the Hall of fame 'nerfing' was made here, and the original refund announcement here. The cutoff date of the 18th is taken from the reply to this announcement

So the people that bought the HoF after the 18th are the only ones that lose out here .
The people that dont read the forum , the same people that have all the same rights as the next person dont get a refund . Because they dont read the forum for updates !
In a msg i received from a ticket i cant show , says that "MOST" people knew this nerf was going to happen in-game . Well i'm one of the minority that didnt know about the nerf & i bought 2 HoF on the strength of it's power then the nerf , then to be told you should have known just doesn't seem fair to me .

DeletedUser13082

So the people that bought the HoF after the 18th are the only ones that lose out here .
The people that dont read the forum , the same people that have all the same rights as the next person dont get a refund . Because they dont read the forum for updates !
In a msg i received from a ticket i cant show , says that "MOST" people knew this nerf was going to happen in-game . Well i'm one of the minority that didnt know about the nerf & i bought 2 HoF on the strength of it's power then the nerf , then to be told you should have known just doesn't seem fair to me .

Have to agree with this to be honest. An in-game announcement was never made, only a forum announcement. So when you think about it, all should be eligible for refund as a lot may not have known of the nerf was coming because they don't read the forums, and in all fairness, there was a lot of us saying that an in-game announcement of the nerf was required.

DeletedUser96867

It's just the design of the game.

Your prestige is calculated from the total of all your owned sectors' power + the small amount of prestige added from your guild level.

Your daily power is calculated as your prestige + total guild HoF collections.

It's really just not that complicated. Everyone is trying so hard to touch on technicalities and cause confusion and complication. There's no reason or need to make this so confusing.

No it's not that complicated presuming it has been clearly explained upfront. However it's far more likely that a player will assume that power from a HOF will do the same thing as power from a gvg sector, just like coins from a residential buildings do the same thing as coins from a GB, a quest, wishing wells, or doing polivation. Since power from HOF is different that power from a gvg sector it should have been called something different and the definition of how gvg leveling occurs should have been changed. Calling 2 different things by the same name can only cause confusion.

DeletedUser96901

... just like coins from a residential buildings do the same thing as coins from a GB, a quest, wishing wells, or doing polivation...
the funny thing is: coins from quest don't do the same thing as all other coins:
they don't give ranking points. collected coins give ranking points (300 coins = 1 point)

DeletedUser

the funny thing is: coins from quest don't do the same thing as all other coins:
they don't give ranking points. collected coins give ranking points (300 coins = 1 point)

That's interesting; I don't think I've seen anyone say that before. It's logical though - coins from quests are rewards.