• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

DeletedUser

Anwar hasn't been around the forums much lately. His last activity was June 16, but before that he hasn't been signed in for over a month. Would be nice to hear from him now and again on certain threads. I know he's a real busy guy, but hopefully he'll drop a line sometime soon. Used to like hearing from him.

DeletedUser96867

You can't consider it to be "daily power", because it has to be collected manually. If you don't sign in for a couple days, you aren't collecting it, so it's not going to contribute to anything. By "daily power", it's referring to power that's automatically added at the daily calculations.

You are grasping at straws, the HoF is a 24hr cycle therefore it produces power on a daily basis. Again i ask you to show us where it is clearly explained to support your argument which has no legs to stand on at this point, as of yet you have provided no supporting evidence.

DeletedUser

i posted earlier in the week i believe it wasn't a bug, Im convinced INNO meant to be the way it was originally released

This is where I disagree. I think Inno simply doesn't trust the judgment of the beta testers. When complaints are made on beta, they often aren't addressed before going live. Then the same complaints are made on the live server and Inno decides the beta testers were right after all.

I believe this is exactly what happened; Inno intended for HoFs to give power (and of course prestige). They received a huge backlash from the big spenders and took the complaint seriously. Then they called it a "bug" (yeah, right.) because they felt that response would do a better job saving face.

Altogether, I think Inno means well but has poor judgment. That being said, I can't fathom why they wouldn't make an ingame announcement regarding the changes. Very bad judgment call; no doubt it left many players like pbajoyce feeling angry.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
How can you disagree with akkers? You've just agreed with what he said in your post :)

He said he believed 'it wasn't a bug, Im convinced INNO meant to be the way it was originally released'

You said you believe 'Inno intended for HoFs to give power (and of course prestige)' and 'Then they called it a "bug" (yeah, right.)'

DeletedUser103684

how to apply for the refund?
I have 4 hall of fame from the chest and i dont know how to apply for the ticket :( please help out

DeletedUser

How can you disagree with akkers? You've just agreed with what he said in your post :)

He said he believed 'it wasn't a bug, Im convinced INNO meant to be the way it was originally released'

You said you believe 'Inno intended for HoFs to give power (and of course prestige)' and 'Then they called it a "bug" (yeah, right.)'

sorry, you're right. I think I meant to quote guptaji's post. I just don't think Inno had planned to nerf HOF after making a quick buck. I think they just genuinely screwed up.

DeletedUser5180

sorry, you're right. I think I meant to quote guptaji's post. I just don't think Inno had planned to nerf HOF after making a quick buck. I think they just genuinely screwed up.

ha........i was getting confused till i read further down the page

DeletedUser

I still don't think the HoFs have been nerfed enough, our rival guild was a day behind us with regards to levels, over the space of 1 level they jumped to at least 2 days in front. at that rate they will gain 25 ranking points in a month by being a full level ahead, solely due to HoFs. HoFs still affect the ranking points indirectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

I still don't think the HoFs have been nerfed enough, our rival guild was a day behind us with regards to levels, over the space of 1 level they jumped to at least 2 days in front. at that rate they will gain 25 ranking points in a month by being a full level ahead, solely due to HoFs. HoFs still affect the ranking points indirectly.

i don't think 25 ranking points a month WHICH IS LESS THAN ONE POINT A DAY is going to worry anyone much.

at the end of the day the HoF now gives power which increases guild levels through power points which are not big rewards anyway. if you're worrying about another guild's increase then either take more sectors or build more HoF

simples

DeletedUser

i don't think 25 ranking points a month WHICH IS LESS THAN ONE POINT A DAY is going to worry anyone much.

at the end of the day the HoF now gives power which increases guild levels through power points which are not big rewards anyway. if you're worrying about another guild's increase then either take more sectors or build more HoF

simples

If you think that buildings should have any effect on GvG at all then you obviously prefer the easy way to top spot. Personally I think any building that makes GvG easier is totally wrong.
As for 25 points being insignificant, tell that to a guild that is 25 points ahead.
You are the sort of person that likes any easy way to gain points, ways that take no effort other than building something.

DeletedUser13082

If you think that buildings should have any effect on GvG at all then you obviously prefer the easy way to top spot. Personally I think any building that makes GvG easier is totally wrong.
As for 25 points being insignificant, tell that to a guild that is 25 points ahead.
You are the sort of person that likes any easy way to gain points, ways that take no effort other than building something.

lol, just take a sector and you're ahead again. you could take a single PME sector and it would hold them behind you for 4 levels. Not exactly a big deal really.

DeletedUser2989

It still takes effort to build the things, it's not like they are free. At the moment having 1 is like having 1 high power sector in GvG and motivating it equals 2 (rougly). Because they are a event only building you need them to give power equal to a high value sector because they are essentially rare. If they were common things you could build easily then their power would need to be 1/4 what it currently is.

As for it enablng guilds to gain 25 ranking points faster, that really has next to no impact on rankings. Each level they go up it takes longer to get the next 25 and unless they are also fighting hard to hold lots of sectors they'll never get into the top 10 ranks.