• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

DeletedUser

So you are saying that HOF does not produce daily power, please show me where it was explained that the HOF does not produce 'daily power', also please show me where it explains that power is defined differently than daily power.

You can't consider it to be "daily power", because it has to be collected manually. If you don't sign in for a couple days, you aren't collecting it, so it's not going to contribute to anything. By "daily power", it's referring to power that's automatically added at the daily calculations.

But what has been said in return is how can total daily power from sectors and total daily power from HoF be any different. Both of them give a value of total daily power, and total daily power contributes to total guild prestige. Meaning that the HoF should be doing the same as sectors and was never bugged to begin with.

I understand what you're saying, as I have this entire time. What i'm trying to help you understand is that you're asking questions about the dynamics of the game, and why they are the way they are. Why is anything the way it is? Why do coins from houses contribute to player score, but those from quests and plundering don't? Why can't motivated buildings be plundered? Why can't we rotate buildings or have a little queue to hold buildings to rearrange easier? My point is, it's just how it's designed and it is what it is. I'm not arguing the matter of whether it makes sense or not, or should/shouldn't be this way. I'm just explaining how it is and why things make sense, given the way that it is. If we want to get into "how it should be" or anything like that, we should start a thread in the ideas or feedback section to suggest improvements. ;-)

I want you guys to realize that i'm definitely not saying it's a perfect design, that it's well explained, or even that it's easy to understand if you haven't figured it out yet. For the record, i'll tell you now, i'm 100000% on the same page as each of you! It not only needs some improving in the design, function, wordings, and dynamics - but also it badly needs a complete overhaul in the "help/explanations" department!

I apologize if I hadn't made everything I said here clear in my previous posts. I hope maybe now you understand where i'm coming from a bit better. I am totally on the same page as you guys as far as it being poorly explained by Inno! If they had of done a better job at that from the start, we'd never be having this conversation! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96844

But what has been said in return is how can total daily power from sectors and total daily power from HoF be any different. Both of them give a value of total daily power, and total daily power contributes to total guild prestige. Meaning that the HoF should be doing the same as sectors and was never bugged to begin with.

Halls of Fame provide additional power (when collected) and it goes into the guild power bar.
The power bar supplies some additional prestige to be added to guild rankings depending on which level the bar is at.

GvG sectors provide power to power bar as well.

Sectors also provide prestige points which go into guild rankings..
this is calculated from adding the guild ranking points from each map the guild is active on.

Because the sector power points and prestige points are of same value...it is wrong to assume that Halls of Fame would provide power and prestige points .

DeletedUser

Kings and Queens,

So, I have some good news for you, as you all are fully aware now the hall of fame has now been nerfed, as this item does still do as intended, and gives power to a guild we cannot refund these, however.... for all those of you who purchased the Hall of Fame prior to the announcement on the 18th we are now offering you 1000 cups for each hall of fame as a good will gesture, and of course, you get to keep the Hall of Fame. :)

to claim your cups please send a ticket to support :D

This refund will be made just in English servers or in all country servers?

DeletedUser13082

Halls of Fame provide additional power (when collected) and it goes into the guild power bar.
The power bar supplies some additional prestige to be added to guild rankings depending on which level the bar is at.

GvG sectors provide power to power bar as well.

Sectors also provide prestige points which go into guild rankings..
this is calculated from adding the guild ranking points from each map the guild is active on.

Because the sector power points and prestige points are of same value...it is wrong to assume that Halls of Fame would provide power and prestige points .

And where exactly does it say that sectors give prestige? It doesn't. It says that power influences prestige. HoF gives power, sectors give power. Both give the same thing. That thing being power and power influences guild prestige. So how can one influence it but not the other.

I think it's pretty clear that this conversation has run it's course and the points that have been made have all been agreed upon. It doesn't matter how you argue against it. The fact remains that the HoF and sectors both give power and therefore, should do the same thing. The entire wording of GvG is one big mistake which has caused the issue to begin with. Case closed. However, the wording of GvG was not a mistake until inno claimed that the HoF giving rank points was a bug. Which it wasn't.

DeletedUser

Death o - we've already established that the "help" and "explanations" are poorly written, mate. Can we just move past the fact that things aren't explained well, and just grasp that it is how it is. If you can just accept that, then we can move past this discussion and on to something else already.

If you'd like to continue that aspect of the discussion, may I suggest again a thread be started in the ideas or feedback section.

Your opinion of...

"The fact remains that the HoF and sectors both give power and therefore, should do the same thing."

...is just that - an opinion, not a "fact". The fact is, that is not how it works. But if you feel strongly enough that it should be changed, we should start a thread for it. :-)

DeletedUser7719

Umm, my idea has nothing to do with this thread... I don't mind the Junkyard situation being debated upon it, but Halls of Fame would be considered off-topic
EDIT: don't mind this intervention anymore

DeletedUser

Weird, I don't know what happened. I think I opened your idea post and then read a reply in this topic and got things mixed up. Brain fart.

DeletedUser13082

Now I'm confused... This is the HoF nerfing thread :/

@Alex, I was happy to leave the conversation with the way it ended. However Titan re-opened it and I responded. Saying that this fact is an opinions is far from the truth. The game says that power influences prestige, fact. We have established that power points go directly to guild rank (aka prestige) and also to guild level, fact. Therefore Power = prestige = guild rank, fact. In conclusion, what does a HoF give? Power. What does power do? Power = prestige = rank. Fact. It is all fact, not opinion.

Either inno lied and the HoF giving rank points wasn't a bug OR the entire GvG ranking description has been wrongly worded. It can't be both.

DeletedUser

See my edited post on the previous page.

Death, you're impossible to reason with, lol. I'm outty five hundred.

DeletedUser98465

Now I'm confused... This is the HoF nerfing thread :/

@Alex, I was happy to leave the conversation with the way it ended. However Titan re-opened it and I responded. Saying that this fact is an opinions is far from the truth. The game says that power influences prestige, fact. We have established that power points go directly to guild rank (aka prestige) and also to guild level, fact. Therefore Power = prestige = guild rank, fact. In conclusion, what does a HoF give? Power. What does power do? Power = prestige = rank. Fact. It is all fact, not opinion.

Either inno lied and the HoF giving rank points wasn't a bug OR the entire GvG ranking description has been wrongly worded. It can't be both.

Lol, I find this funny :) power does not equal prestige directly (although I do see where you are coming from), power contributes to prestige :P, when you state equals, you intimate a like for like 1:1 basis which is not the case as you have to consider the direct prestige bonus.

Semantics I know but, Hahahaha

1. We all agree (kind of) so we will have to agree to disagree on how it's made up
2. Inno are useless.
3. HoF isn't as it seems
4. There is no bug (ish) it's just poor design.

The sad thing is, I don't even have a HoF lol

DeletedUser13082

There is nothing to bring to reason lol. You can't compromise on this situation. It's either one or the other. You can't just say "but it is what it is" cause that's not what it is. You can't say power influences guild rank (prestige) then give power that doesn't do it. Only one thing can fix this situation and that if for prestige to be a value of it's own, not just the name of rank points. Currently, sectors give power and power gives prestige. That must be changed to sectors give prestige AND power. Power being the guild level points and prestige being the guild rank points.

DeletedUser

I don't understand why people disagree with DO about this.

Before HOF introduction:

+1 point of power = +1 prestige point

After HOF introduction:

+1 point of power = +1 prestige point

Calling this obviously a bug is absurd. Either the HOF description is wrong, or it wasn't a bug.

Personally, I am inclined to agree with DO's conclusion that it wasn't a bug. I'm not going to go so far as to say that Inno intended for things to work out the way they did, but I can certainly see where he's coming from.

DeletedUser5180

Personally, I am inclined to agree with DO's conclusion that it wasn't a bug. I'm not going to go so far as to say that Inno intended for things to work out the way they did, but I can certainly see where he's coming from.

i posted earlier in the week i believe it wasn't a bug, Im convinced INNO meant to be the way it was originally released

DeletedUser76094

i posted earlier in the week i believe it wasn't a bug, Im convinced INNO meant to be the way it was originally released

I am in full agreement. They wanted to make a quick buck using an intended bug with commercial motives and then declared later that it was a bug and "fixed" it. In doing so, they made hundreds of thousands of dollars, which is rather unethical and unbecoming of a gaming business.

DeletedUser5180

I am in full agreement. They wanted to make a quick buck using an intended bug with commercial motives and then declared later that it was a bug and "fixed" it. In doing so, they made hundreds of thousands of dollars, which is rather unethical and unbecoming of a gaming business.

and the fact that various players have said they believe this but no INNO rep has even denied it

DeletedUser

and the fact that various players have said they believe this but no INNO rep has even denied it

I believe this has been refuted by Tracey in this post:

Im only going to pick on this one part and the answer is bugs happen, what I do know however is that the ulterior motive you all think is behind this is wrong. I have been a Community Manager with Innogames for over 5 years now. In that 5 year period through nearly all the games run by the company things happen, bugs happen and above all decisions happen that the community sometimes doesn't like.

Its the hardest part of my job to come to you and tell you about this to give you the information that at times I know you're not going to like but it's something that I have to do. But I do this with the full knowledge that the decision made will always be done for the better of the game for everyone. They have taken on board the issues with this, and have put in place changes that will both fix and correct the issue.

On Wednesday when we update this issue as far as possible will be rectified, I know there are going to be lots that are unhappy, but on the flip side there will also be lots that are.

Yes i think there are lessons that can be learnt from this, there always are, we would be doing you all a disservice if we didn't try to put improvements in place. As your all well aware I am new here, and things are done slightly differently from the other game I run. What I can say is that I have already made some suggestions on improvements that can be put in place to ensure that the flow of information from beta to the game designers and developers improves, so that issues like this do not happen in the future ( i cannot ever guarantee they wont tho ).