• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

DeletedUser9614

Since this is not a beta server and people spend money, this question must be answered by the FOE team. This is not a beta server anymore, and I understand that changes might come, but players would like to stay informed ahead of time.

Will Hall of Fame be nerfed and how much?

UPDATE 1:

There is 10% Chance for HoF in the soccer event. A random try costs 600 Cups. For 6,000 Cups over many attempts you get 1 HoF. That means for 50 HoFs you need 300,000 Cups. 50 HoFs would give 8500 Prestige, more than enough for OK guild to be top1. 300,000 Cups can be purchased for 100,000 diamonds, which is about 700$. Good city with premium buildings costs $300, so this is not much more.

At least FoE, you could have made the price inhibiting, and not collect here and there to made this pay-to-win guild contest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13082

Since this is not a beta server and people spend money, this question must be answered by the FOE team. This is not a beta server anymore, and I understand that changes might come, but players would like to stay informed ahead of time.

Will Hall of Fame be nerfed and how much?

Very very slim chance that it will be nerfed. Look how many diamonds the rich kids are buying with mommy and daddy's money so they can cheat their guild up to the top. They only nerf things if the nerf means people will need to spend more money.

DeletedUser13082

LOL just saw the numbers. Devs really messed that one up again :P

So if you safe shoot, 4800 diamonds per HoF on average. 50 of them is more power than perhaps any guild in any world in any server has :P

It's literally possible for a guild to own every sector on every map in GvG and still be #2 rank. Devs of this game are a complete joke.

DeletedUser3157

LOL just saw the numbers. Devs REALLY messed that one up again :P

So if you safe shoot, 4800 diamonds per HoF on average. 50 of them is more power than perhaps any guild in any world in any server has :P

Even without diamonds, a guild of 80 players could get about 100 HoF on average if they just safe shot 24 goals 240 cups for 31 days. 100 PME HoF is 17k power. The entire point, meaning and reason for GvG will be over and meaningless. GvG will be dead.

DeletedUser13082

LOL just saw the numbers. Devs REALLY messed that one up again :P

Even without diamonds, a guild of 80 players could get about 100 HoF on average if they just safe shot 24 goals 240 cups for 31 days. 100 PME HoF is 17k power. The entire point, meaning and reason for GvG will be over and meaningless. GvG will be dead.

PvP = Dead
GvG = Dead
Death Ouron = Quit :)

They're running the game further and further into the ground with each update. It's pointless playing any more.

DeletedUser99170

The Hall of Shame is the fitting name of this money making game destroyer

DeletedUser6968

You are in a guild. You prepare for GW by making troops and goods. You ask players to donate to the guild treasury. You ask your War Generals to make a plan for the era in which you are fighting. All the guild is pushing in the same direction. After some time you have the troops, the goods and a good plan. Then you execute.

That was before!!!

Now you only ask members to try and get HOF. Real shame I must say.

DeletedUser3157

I'm just wondering here...

a) How many of those players who didn't quit after the first disappointment in GvG and actually engaged are going to quit now? It could be rather frustrating to see your past 3-4 months of effort publicly spat upon and made out to be worth absolutely nothing.

b) Is this yet another sign of utter incompetence by developing team since game got out of beta, or is the game going down and they just trying to make the final big cash-in by doing this?

c) Or is the joke on me here and business models like this actually get away with just about anything? Are things like quality, fairness, competitiveness, balance between features etc just really really low on the list of important things when running a successful game?

DeletedUser15501

Maybe they should limit the amount of HoF's you can have in your city to 1 or 2 max? Everyone should be able to get 1-2 HoF's without spending diamonds so that should make it no longer pay to win. :)

DeletedUser13082

Maybe they should limit the amount of HoF's you can have in your city to 1 or 2 max? Everyone should be able to get 1-2 HoF's without spending diamonds so that should make it no longer pay to win. :)

Then everybody would all have the same amount of them, making them completely obsolete, they just become a building in the city that takes space and does nothing. They saw the out-cry on beta forums and still ignored it. They should never have released them live and the idea of the building should never have even been considered. Any good dame designer would know that it's a complete feature breaking implementation.

Let them sink the ship, I won't be sticking around to watch any way.

DeletedUser

This building is a disgrace. They specifically said GvG wasn't going to be a pay to win activity, but this is exactly what this is. It is not getting an advantage with diamonds, it is winning with diamonds. It makes the entire GvG seem completely pointless. The fact that it is also luck driven makes it seem obvious this is a cheap cash grab because they want people to buy trophies with diamonds and then use them to buy the Hall of Shame when it is the daily offering.

DeletedUser9614

Thanks to one of the gents on the G world, here is the response from the support team:

"We are aware that this issue is of great concern to many players, however at present there has been no official statement from the developers; further information will be available on the forum if and when it is released."

Let me help to translate into simple words:

"We make money of it now, so we would not like to touch this delicate subject that might affect our sales. However, when this event is over and sales are not a factor anymore, we would like to correct this great concern. We need an overpowered building to increase sales for now. There will be changed and we will announce the details that we know already, but not right now. "

DeletedUser13082

As always mrbeef lol.

When was the last time anybody saw on dev post on these forums?

DeletedUser5180

i've played almost 2 years...........it is going downhill rapidly.

The nerfing of gbs and the promise of vouchers to compensate for this was a farce.

The promise of wondrous things for duplicate bps is a farce

The reasoning behing most gvg decisions which actively encourages lone players rather than guilds is a total farce.

The last few events which have been luck based purely for the greed of selling diamonds is another total farce.

One day INNO, when all the original die hard players who like to play in an honest way without seeking advantage get sick of the way you have twisted this game you will have no-one left.

CAN'T YOU SEE IT, CAN'T YOU GUYS READ.?

SHAME AND DISGRACE

ps....................i have positive proof of another 3 cheats (i regularly send you tickets and screenshots) this time i don't care, good luck to them, they can join everyone else who plays to win 'not in the spirit of the game' using the loopholes you have created

WELL DONE

DeletedUser

Thanks to one of the gents on the G world, here is the response from the support team:

"We are aware that this issue is of great concern to many players, however at present there has been no official statement from the developers; further information will be available on the forum if and when it is released."

Let me help to translate into simple words:

"We make money of it now, so we would not like to touch this delicate subject that might affect our sales. However, when this event is over and sales are not a factor anymore, we would like to correct this great concern. We need an overpowered building to increase sales for now. There will be changed and we will announce the details that we know already, but not right now. "

Can I point out again that the moderators are volunteers? We are not in the least bit concerned with 'sales'.

DeletedUser9614

lady-lexis, this situation is not because of you, and I do not blame majority of an admin team especially those who are at the bottom of the food chain.

If you misunderstand me, let me clarify:
I blame the developers and admins on the top for playing a stupid game with us. It is primitive and sad.
The reason that support team and players do not know is because people on the top deliberately wait.
This was my main point.

DeletedUser

Please note that I have currently unapproved a few posts in this thread in order to check that they comply with forum rules.

I understand that people wish to express their views on this issue but would ask that comments are made in a constructive manner. Thank you for your patience whilst I investigate the relevant posts.

DeletedUser

Please note that I have currently unapproved a few posts in this thread in order to check that they comply with forum rules.

I understand that people wish to express their views on this issue but would ask that comments are made in a constructive manner. Thank you for your patience whilst I investigate the relevant posts.

Sorry but I fail to see how any constructive comment can come about an item that can be only detrimental to the game as a whole. What can there be to say that is constructive? Oh wait, it will make a mint for Inno, that's constructive.

DeletedUser

deary me, okay then, so yes the vouchers and BP usage was let slip far too soon (in my humble opinion) and as I have said before this is why we tend not to release spoilers any more as it can be easily delayed and then no one is happy.

As for the Hall of Fame, there are no plans presently to nerf this build however this does not mean it never will be. as we have seen with other features released ,they are reviewed like the guild hopping as a good example, it wasn't working well so the 7 day rule came in. we will have to see how it pans out over a little time before any concrete plans or changes are made.

as for sales, lady lexis makes a good point below, mods are here to offer assistance to players and are subject to all the same in game issues that you are.