• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

Unlucky Alf

Private
I don’t think a boycott is necessary. Most guilds simply won’t open L5 this week. We have a very healthy Treasury but we will only open it if we are in a race for top spot.

It’s also not too difficult for Inno to compromise temporarily in order for folk to become invested in level 5. They could just lower the opposing armies values by 50% for 6 months. That’d enable folk to fight a few stops on level 5. Or they could allow you to use a total of 7 troops of your attacking army for the whole of level 5, but no more than 2 in any one battle, so you could fight with a combo which might be interesting. Lots of little ways to counter folks displeasure. if the adverse reaction is ignored, it tells you all you need to know

kayjaydee

Private
It’s also not too difficult for Inno to compromise temporarily in order for folk to become invested in level 5. They could just lower the opposing armies values by 50% for 6 months. That’d enable folk to fight a few stops on level 5. Or they could allow you to use a total of 7 troops of your attacking army for the whole of level 5, but no more than 2 in any one battle, so you could fight with a combo which might be interesting. Lots of little ways to counter folks displeasure. if the adverse reaction is ignored, it tells you all you need to know
Ignoring players seems to be way the game is going. Repeat after me -There are no problems on FOE it's your browser

Emberguard

Legend
So FoE how do we get Diamonds now that you have removed them from GE
Assuming you're doing a single world, easiest method by far is to get the Chateau Frontenac up as high as you're comfortable taking it (or higher) and doing Quests. The Chateau Frontenac multiplies diamonds received in Quests

The other place you'll find diamonds is in Guild Battlegrounds on the odd occasion

BarraG

Private
Main suggestion in Noarsil will be to build up Virgo project to use its bonus for half the enemy for the first wave, players are stacking blue defence boosts aswell just to try it out, no good feedback yet.. a couple in my guild have completed it not sure if i will attempt it might make Inno think its popular..hope devs dont Nerf VP
Not interested and wasting my time in building as knee jerk reaction they create the mess and now trying to fix it and messing it up again

BarraG

Private
I have look at the special builds and they are not that great one of them does not even last. INNO have brought in something to correct they have created which is an imbalance in the game and trying to fix it now with this curve ball. What I am hearing across worlds top level guilds are looking boycotting GE LVL 5 and most of top level players are ones that do spend real money and are not happy so it upset players that are spending money so what does that say ???

Like almost everyone, I am very disappointed by the GE level 5 and the reduction in diamonds in lower levels. Let try to have constructive feedback.
I believe using defense encounters is an excellent idea, however its implementations seems to have been rush in and not properly thought out.
  1. As the defender shouldn't we have the 2 waves benefit? The attacking army could be random and changing every time.
    I actually noticed last week that our army was labelled 'Attacker Army', which makes me things this was rushed in.

2. The defense stats needed to successfully fight on the first encounter of level 5 is insane. I lack 200% of defense to even pass that first encounter. I currently see no benefit to improve those stats like the reward is too low and it will take too long to get there, and I don't get any benefit until than.
    Instead, the defense stats needed should increase gradually, like it does for attack from level 1 to 4.
    Why not have defense encounters every second encounters at level 1 and 2, we can still negotiate if we lack the defense stats needed.
    Starting at level 3 or 4, why not having a choice between negotiation, attack or defense, with each having its own reward.
    It would still allow us to finish all the GE level without big defense stats. The defense reward could be higher (more diamonds or more fragments of the big reward), wish would be a very good insensitive to improve our defense stats.

3. The amount of good for negotiation needed is way too high, especially knowing the vast majority of player have small defense stats like they were useless until now.

4. The final big reward is not worth it for what is cost. I would personally prefer the big reward be something we can upgrade over time, like with events and GBG. A building we can get a new level or a chained building (at our discretion) every week if we complete the 5 levels. Maybe give fragment exponentially throughout the 5 levels, It could also have a twist, after X weeks of not being upgraded, your building loose a level, you still have insensitive to keep playing the GE every week, but allows to miss 3-4 weeks without consequences.

5. Why does the Guild has to pay goods to unlock level? Was it the point? And why is it so expensive. It favors the top guilds over the casual ones.
There is some good in here, hopefully Inno will listen to us and make adjustments.

As a side note, I believe an issue with diamonds is how expensive they are to buy versus the benefit they give you. I am sure more people would buy some if they were more affordable. 250 diamonds regular price is ~5$ (USD), and you can barely do anything with 250 diamonds. If the regular price was cut by 5, I am pretty sure they will get more money in the end like more player will buy them.

CPRouse

Private
I've been a player here nearly from the start...a decade. I've seen pretty much everything come and go. Enjoyed some things and groaned at others. I played level 5 just to see what it was like and I'm left with several questions, and the main one is: "What is the bloody point of it?" The answer is obvious, to sap our resources, and of course diamonds, while handing out fragments of stale dog biscuits and trying to make us all think it's 'fun' and 'challenging'. Trying to fight the armies is hopeless and I'm not going to rebuild my city, just to put buildings in that might help me win a few fights for a few more fragments for a bunch of useless buildings I don't want in the first place. Level 5 is a half-baked utter brain fart. I won't be playing it anymore, and I'm seriously thinking of leaving the game completely. Events have got worse and worse, and now level 5...urgh, it's not worth it.
Inno has a very inflated idea of what their rewards are worth. They're currently selling 11,000 Diamonds for $80 USD. That's 4 expansion slots at SAJM levels, which is absolutely not worth it, and their other packages are a joke. They would probably get a lot more action and make more money if they sold those 11,000 diamonds for $5 - $10.

Wildsheep

Private
Well, well, well. Back for a second week of GE rubbish.

From the info feeding back to me few guilds are opening level 5 because of great amount of a waste of space it truly is. So, now we are left with a worthless GE 1-4 with few opportunities for diamonds (none for newer players in GE 1-3). We are just left with worthless fragments of buildings that were once on a % chance of winning, that now take weeks to get the fragments and some occasional good reward from the ToR (if you a high level one).

It really should not take INNO this long to get the message that the player base is solidly GO BACK TO THE DRAWINGBOAD with this one. In the mean time revert back to how it was 2 weeks ago and start again.

ok, i have changed my mind, with good management of goods factories, GE 5 is super easy with negs. but we need diamonds back, too few diamonds nowadays. when GE 6?

Maikeru

Private
You've been waiting, and now its here! Guild expedition level 5! Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!
Did you want to take it back yet at all and maybe re work it a little?

I think everyone will have already highlighted that the rewards versus the spends is beyond a waste of time 16 encounters for fragments of stuff and all for a measly 10k goods spend a week for those who do not want to work on our defence. Gee let me think about the value overall of that one
While the extra level is a challenge and I think it’s good to break the mould of the same old at the same time there’s do able and just a waste.
Also, got to ask why does it cost 4 times in goods per player to open level 5? You do realise I can open level 2 3 and 4 and it costs less to do that than just opening level 5 right?
Overall, not sure what y'all trying to achieve other than annoy us all with silly demands for buildings that let’s face it are not worth it at all. You could triple the attack on the dragon head and it still would not be worth the cost as you will be lucky to get one every 6 months with the frag ratio. Then there is the temple that crumbles lol.
All in all, disappointing inno let alone that for a newbie really pulled the rug out from under them. They now have to do level 3 GE to get TOR prints and fragments of stuff we used to get in a whole building not to mention the diamond removal and less percentage chance of it paying out rendering everyone even worse off than before and possibly the main reason why we all do GE in the first place anyway?
Not seeing the incentive here for anyone to waste their time with this at all. And before everyone jumps on me with well you don’t have to do it my response is trust me I won’t but as this thread is for feedback, I am thinking of the little guy the new player who may come in to the game want to learn and try the game and find out that the expectation to get anything done here will take 2 lifetimes to achieve and off they will go.
Really hope you re work this overall back to a better structure reward for the player on the first 4 levels and level 5 sure keep the frags that’s fine but give us something to go for a reward worthy of the 6 months or so it will take for us to grab a building in the first place.

GE Level 5 is absolutely Horrendous and must have been conceived by some people who have never played the game. You're going to need to use at least 50 of those 30% defense boosts every week in order to complete SOME of it, then spend 5000 or more goods to negotiate the last 4 or 5 sectors. And for all that you're going to get a bunch of fragments of worthless crap. For relics in the first week, I got 2 blueprints, 2 blueprints, 4100 medals, 4100 medals, Reno kit, Face of Ancient and Gate of Sun God on level 5. Nothing worthwhile at all. There's too many things wrong with this to list and nothing good to say about it! Go back to the drawing board!!

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
I am sure this has been mentioned, but the names of the selection kits are too long, making them impossible to read. Here are two examples from the last two encounters on level 4:
FoE GE4 1.png

FoE GE4 2.png

Yes, I can guess what those Fragments are - but I should not need to guess, I should be able to see the whole name. I don't know what it is like on mobile, but on browser I can't click on the chests to see their contents, I can only look at the tooltips, and the tooltips show only part of the name.

Feels really stupid to pick up GE 1-4 fragments only to assemble them soon after when we're done with GE 4. Just give us the whole building. Why do we have to collect fragments for something we can assemble at the end of GE 4?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Feels really stupid to pick up GE 1-4 fragments only to assemble them soon after when we're done with GE 4. Just give us the whole building. Why do we have to collect fragments for something we can assemble at the end of GE 4?

It's extra clicks. Quite a lot of companies track clicks as it gives them an idea of engagement with the various parts of games/Websites etc.

The higher the amount of clicks means higher engagement.