• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

Shemaha

Private
Well Congratulations to the Team for Level 5, I think you have just managed to kill off any interest in GE. An urgent need to look at what you have done and sort of the poor rewards for peoples time playing the game. I opened Level 5 for the 1st week and a third of my team played it, week 2 and only 5 were interested, this week I asked if they wanted level 5 and it was a resounding NO NO NO! Oh forgot to mention 95% of my Guild manage Level 4 this week as per usual

In retrospect, what FOE could have done was to have started (or still could start) an alternate GE that focuses on City Defence and Negs, with the ToR eligible to use on both the original and the alternate. That would mean re-making the current GE lvl 5 that much higher (more difficult) in needed Red Attack stats. I would really like to know, since launching GE-5 live, just what % of Players have used City Defence at all, and what % of Players have used City Defence beyond the 69th encounter? I'd also like to know how many Players doing Negs built the Zacazontil Statue more than the once to try?

DJ of BA

Master Corporal
But this is not defending... It is for all intent and purposes attacking mechanics regardless of how they call it. Changing a name of something doesn't make it any different from what it is.
Anyone who has been in the military would know that you don't use city defences when defending a position if at war in another country, it would have been so much better to advance across the map, and using the attacking army's defensive boosts to fend off an attack, but what do we find, we are the ones attacking, not defending, the mechanics are the same as the other levels except the boosts, whichever way you look at it, now advancing, building fortifications, then defending that advanced position with your attacking army's defensive boosts, would have given us new mechanics and a chance of actually being able to complete L5 without resorting to using 000s of hard acquired goods

cozmic chuck

Private
My biggest problem is a lack of extra turns or not enough turns to start. What I'm finding out is that if you do GE from the start on Tuesday, once a day till Sunday, you're lucky to make it to level 5 without buying turns. If you do buy turns with medals or diamonds, the rewards aren't worth my time or money.
The goods needed to do level 5 are taking away from my ability to move up on the progress tree.
Large guilds with inactive players need to purge players just to open level 5
Why isn't Beta trying to adjust anything?

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
After using around 30 of the +30% defense bottles I managed to win the first nine encounters on level 5. And yes, I built fortifications on each one to increase my army's attack (and infiltration, when available). I lost a ton of VF units, and got a bunch of fragments. I am definitely NOT doing this again any time soon, if ever, especially since I have now moved from VF to SAM. It's not worth it for me.

In my humble opinion the Fragments of Greater Ritual Flame should be available on the first four levels. This will provide players with one reliable way to get this building and increase the stats of their defending armies without spending thousands of FP.

Also in my opinion the Divine Sky Watch is not worth it even as a whole building, and DEFINITELY not worth it in the form of fragments

An Hobad

Private
Utterly Delightful, changes that suck. Funnily enough that's what the majority of changes are now. We spent a lot of time building up our attack stats, but now inno wants us to build up defense stats, just for level 5? Oh, and inno nerfed rewards from the other levels, like we won't be able to get diamonds from lower GE levels anymore. Yeah, I don't think any of us want that to happen, but alas it did.

People complained on beta didn't they? But inno didn't listen.

Sure the rewards from level 5 are nice, but they aren't worth building up my defense stats over. Personally I would boycott level 5, but do our voices even matter to inno?
Utterly Delightful, changes that suck. Funnily enough that's what the majority of changes are now. We spent a lot of time building up our attack stats, but now inno wants us to build up defense stats, just for level 5? Oh, and inno nerfed rewards from the other levels, like we won't be able to get diamonds from lower GE levels anymore. Yeah, I don't think any of us want that to happen, but alas it did.

People complained on beta didn't they? But inno didn't listen.

Sure the rewards from level 5 are nice, but they aren't worth building up my defense stats over. Personally I would boycott level 5, but do our voices even matter to inno?
The rewards from level 5 are as useless as the rewards from the other 4 levels. GE is not worth playing anymore - just a waste of time.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Good job INNO, you have sucked the fun right out of GE. I used to enjoy it, but getting fragments as rewards in all of the levels now is just making it another chore to do. Yes, the buildings are old and mostly worthless, but getting fragments of buildings that are old and mostly worthless is really just an idiotic move. Did you HAVE to fiddle with the rewards from the first 4 levels? NO! Please can you not ‘fix’ things that are not broken. Forge used to be fun. Now, I only log in to keep my city ticking over because nothing else is worth the effort. GE Level 5 is on top of this list, and it keeps getting longer…

KiIIa

Private
Spending all this goods for darn fragments. When I think it can't get worse Inno comes with their innovative solutions and features and manages to disprove me yet again. GE was all about diamonds and it was like that for at least 6 long years I play this. Now some new people come in and wreck it completely. And not just that, where in the world did anyone see defensive stats being used to execute attacks? This is mad, who comes up with this things?
LoL on the 5th week new GE finally won 1st diamons(1x90)

You've been waiting, and now its here! Guild expedition level 5! Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!
Its here...but don't like it. Negs are way too costly for lv5 and did they nerf this round? Previous rounds i could get through with 1400% blue defence...this round i strughled at 2100%?

GE level 5...wow...what a booboo...look at cost for negs...ludicrous amounts of boost to complete...fragmenting rewards...was it worth the wait?

Firedude

Private
In the past I've spent diamonds frivolously (daily collection, extra turns etc), I've purchased diamonds (multiple times), and earned free diamonds. These last 5 weeks of GE have been horrible for game play. Trying to conserve diamonds, not buying any, and I've received absolutely ZERO from GE play (always complete Lvl 4, Lvl 5 is just not worth it). Coming up on my 10th year of play here but running out of patience. It appears Inno has no regard for player satisfaction and game playability. Unfortunately I've started searching for another game to occupy my time.
Nice job Inno...you are driving away your core players - players who spend AND buy diamonds on a regular basis. Probably not your best business decision. I would love to see your financials for the last month.

Ashtro

Major
I have done some GE level 5 today and it wasn't that bad. After I've used about 10 of defence potions which allowed myself to complete 11 stages. Even though the rewards are all in fragments, they are crafted for the new level. I particularly love the Feathered Serpent Statue and Feathered Serpent Statue Chain. The income and stat's that they do give per tile of your city are very excellent indeed.

Deleted member 127677

Can you please sort out the missing text for rewards in GE5 and I’m guessing the other levels too but wasn’t paying attention? I’m looking at cut off text, like ‘25 fragments of Feathered…’ or ‘15 fragments of Divine Sky…’. Can’t tell what either is and both look sloppy.

Deleted member 127677

I've had some
None for 2 weeks I believe. Nerfing dimes from the lower levels too essentially will likely mean that younger players who can’t fight level 4 yet are depending even more on Gbg for their potential free dimes and will lose interest in GE. Well done for balancing the game.

Deleted member 127677

3rd week in a row no dimes in level 4. Luckily I now fight the bulk of level 5 but if there was one place things could and should be improved, is the possibility of winning dimes, maybe the 100 at end of level 3 as that is achievable for most young players fairly fast, better chance in level 4, and absolutely they should be included in the prize pool for level 5, possibly also into relics. And make it a better dime reward, like 150, to encourage people to complete it too.

Nidwin

Sergeant
3rd week in a row no dimes in level 4. Luckily I now fight the bulk of level 5 but if there was one place things could and should be improved, is the possibility of winning dimes, maybe the 100 at end of level 3 as that is achievable for most young players fairly fast, better chance in level 4, and absolutely they should be included in the prize pool for level 5, possibly also into relics. And make it a better dime reward, like 150, to encourage people to complete it too.
They could remove those aberrations that are FoY and FoY-schrinks frags (it's insulting in it's own way) and change
end level 1 -> 70% the actual selection kit + 30% 15 diamonds
end level 2 -> 70% the actual selection kit + 30% 25 diamonds
end level 3 -> 70% the actual selection kit + 30% 25 diamonds
end level 4 -> 70% the actual selection kit + 30% 15 diamonds

R.I.P. beautiful FoY schrinks. ;-)

Last edited:

Anunah

Private
Recently, there have been some big changes in expeditions. It has become more interesting and exciting, it is very good that the project does not stand still and has such a development
BUT!!!!!!!
I have been developing my cities for several years to pass the expedition in order to get diamonds. I built and developed militaristic buildings up to 100+ levels, collected Blueprints, FP.... Assembled the event buildings... And now you have radically changed the concept in this regard, and getting diamonds in the expedition has decreased so much that it is more profitable for me to remove all GBs and put Wishing Well there!
I understand that the project has to make money, but it's not fair to the players going this way. Also, it greatly reduces interest in farm cities, where now you don't need development, you can just put Wishing Well there
It is necessary to return the possibility of getting diamonds in expedition at least to the previous level, and logically (since there is one more stage) to increase it a bit. It would be correct to return the chance of getting diamonds at least to the last bonus of each stage. And a real chance, not some 5-10%.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
@Ariana Erosaire you are facing the same problem as players that try to defend ther city from plunderers.

The attack part of your blue stats is just to low for you to do it succesful.
Hi Knight of Ice, what do you feel is the preferred ratio of attack and defence for the City Defenders and why? I know that over the years there has been some discussion about similar metrics as they apply to the Attacking Units. Given the requirement for GE L5, this matter of army configuration and city defence bonuses becomes of interest for players wishing to fight through Level 5.